Second Start Collecting box

The Pounder

Ok gents, I’m planning my next expansion for Hive Fleet Ariagnee.

I definitely need more bodies so some Gaunts are on the cards.

Now I already bought one Start Collecting box when I started the swarm.

I’d get 8 Stealers another Broodlord (I’ll probably convert this into a Lictor) and a Trygon so would give me a lot of stuff to be getting on with.

So what do you think? Worth getting another?

Honestly I wouldn't get a second starter set. 1 trygon is a good transport, a second becomes an sub par choice. A shame because more stealers are always welcome and a secone broodlord is a sound choice. Could be worth it if you go for 1 trygon and 1 mawloc??

Id advice to start getting the individual boxes and take your swarm in your own direction.

Sometimes you have to roll a hard 6 on a deal like that :laugh.:

The longer you play this game and the more editions pass you'll notice models rotate on and off the shelf to the tabletop. Units and tactics become exalted or get pounded into nonexistence with the nerf bat. You seem pretty adept at conversions, maybe just wait on building the 2nd Trygon until after you see some new rules?

Edited by NTaW

Thanks NTaW!

Definitely, I’ll hold fire on the Trygon until I see what comes in 9th.

I’ll start with the Genestealers (can’t have too many) I have an idea for the Broodlord.....

First though I want to paint some Hive Guard, when they finally arrive!

Hey Jud, did you get the box, seriously if it's giving you a free model then i always say get it!! :sweat:  like the new AdMech start collecting, it has the new Tank in it that I could never hope to have afforded before but with the new starter box it's an option now....as NTaW said things always cycle around and those nice gene- stealers are always welcome :wink:

Cheers, Mithril

I don’t know if I’ve got it or not yet! I told my wife I wants it! So I now have to wait for Father’s Day or my birthday to find out!

Mithril, does make it a lot more affordable. The box set is quite good value full price, let alone at 25% off!

Spacecow, lets hope we get the update the Tyranids need (and deserve!)

I’m waiting on a unit of Hive Guard so in the meantime I’m working on my boy’s Space Wolves!

• 1 month later...

Oh sorry to hear, but the new rules will def be needed anyway :sweat: , I got them but not the CA books, i'm only playing power levels with my mates at the moment so we kinda don't need those books yet (we'll save our money for now :teehee: )

Mithril