Video Tutorial: How to Weather Zone Mortalis Bases

Greetings, fraters!

Here is my third video tutorial, "How to Weather Zone Mortalis Bases". My next video will be on how to paint and weather a Dreadnought Drop Pod from start to finish. Next Saturday (if everything goes well): how to prime the Drop Pod and do a rust undercoat, in preparation for chipping effects. 

I am not a commission painter or youtuber. I am just making the videos which I would have liked to have when I started. If you have any requests for future videos, please let me know. 

Regards, 

Lovecraft0110

Edited by Lovecraft0110

I hate to break it to you, buddy, but your link is currently broken. 

Edit: Nevermind, there we go! :happy.:

It looks good, man! Quite a few materials I've never seen myself in use. Gonna honestly have to try some for myself with my Word Bearers

Edited by Noctus Cornix

Cool stuff my man!

Subbed after the first video.

My process is pretty similar to yours with a few differences:

In case you care:

gloss varnish

put on ak dark brown wash pretty much straight from the pot in large spots around my recesses and everything I want highlighted. When I am done with the tenth guy its pretty much dry on the first one. so I immediately start removing the wash again.

I take Q tips and dip them into odourless thinner to wipe it off again.

I propably waste a bit of paint by using it unthinned, but I feel like I save a lot of time. The varish will protect the paint underneath anyways, so I am good on that front and I am also able to reactivate a bit of the paint thats on the surfaces and manipulate it into a filter / crusty dirt.

I wear plastic gloves and old clothes while painting. Helps me to test colours on my legs or hands as well :biggrin.:

But yeah it is a messy process but I do like the rough approach, makes me feel like a mason

Hey, I just realised you're located in Germany also. 

Masonry indeed, I love the analogy. 

Oh you are aswell? Nice!. just checked your profile youre not even that far from me, I'm in Hamburg.

Its cancelled this year due to the pandemic, but there is a heresy event twice a year here that you might be interested in.

Love the Channel, its cool to see other peoples process

Edited by Marshal Vespasian