Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Greenstuffworld Liquid pigments

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,190 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

See title. Has someone used them and can share experience with them?

Be it rust or dust? I have a bunch of pigments, but I shy away from using them a lot of the time because

a) for rust I find crusted rust deposits from ak to be way more dramatic and easy to use

B) Fixing is such a hassle

I am kind of hoping these might be cool, because greenstuffworlds Pigment Fixer is actually pretty good.

uqpKirY.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16053_22483.png

Lovecraft0110

Lovecraft0110

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
Hey Vespasian,

I haven't tried them, but regarding the fixer: have you tried AK's? It works perfectly for me and has fairly short drying times.

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,190 posts
When fixing with a brush you are supposed to tap it to the pigment and let the capillary action do its thing right?

I always loose a bunch of pigment doing that. Maybe I should spray the fixer. I have vallejos and greenstuffworlds fixer.

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,069 posts

When fixing with a brush you are supposed to tap it to the pigment and let the capillary action do its thing right?

I always loose a bunch of pigment doing that. Maybe I should spray the fixer. I have vallejos and greenstuffworlds fixer.

Funnily enough I was applying weathering powder yesterday and wondering how to apply the pigment fixer. I might have to try spraying it next time I'm able to find room to use my airbrush.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Plog: http://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Plog: http://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Lovecraft0110

Lovecraft0110

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts

Don't spray it, and try AK Interactive's instead. It works great by capillary action. I used Vallejo's for years and wondered why my finish was always crap. Or simply use an enamel wash, works 90% as well and gives you more options. It was in my Weathering ZM Bases tutorial...whistling.gif

Edited by Lovecraft0110, 20 May 2020 - 09:33 PM.

• Marshal Vespasian likes this

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,190 posts
I did that for tank treads now that you mention it. 'Blended' it into the oilwash

Lovecraft0110

Lovecraft0110

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
Yeah, I bet that worked great, and you kill two birds with one bolter round.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users