BIG Preview Speculation

Outta left field, maybe, but Psychic Awakening has been hinting at an “Imperial Daemons”-type faction shaping up, so I wouldn’t be too surprised if that gets unveiled, either in lieu of or alongside 9th.

(I cannot usefully express how dumb the idea is, but I think that makes it much more likely, overall)

Could their manifestation be the endless spells for 40k? Now theres rumours within rumours

Outta left field, maybe, but Psychic Awakening has been hinting at an “Imperial Daemons”-type faction shaping up, so I wouldn’t be too surprised if that gets unveiled, either in lieu of or alongside 9th.

(I cannot usefully express how dumb the idea is, but I think that makes it much more likely, overall)

Imperial Daemons? The closest thing I can think of is Legion of the Damned. If they get a revamp the world will be a much better place. 

Endless spells for 40k would be a no brainer. Would add new challenges to the game, and enable GW to roll out a new range of codexes, with endless spells amd the PA added rules.

And models to sell. Dont think theyll be doing many new codexes especially fast but one old school supplement with them all would be cool

Moving on.

It feels like its time for a big ol' Necron range reboot. Other side will of course be Primaris.

No need to rock the boat too hard on the crunch side.

Imperial Daemons? The closest thing I can think of is Legion of the Damned. If they get a revamp the world will be a much better place.

I got the feeling from the PA books that LotD would get rolled into this faction, however it manifests. It’d make enough sense - LotD has already been quasi-reclassified this way in Master of Mankind, and it’d be a way to bring back Ghost Ferrus as another Loyalist Primarch without upsetting the basic setup of the new Imperium’s power structure.

Like, again - and I cannot stress this enough - it’s a stupid idea and I hate it, but that just makes it more likely, not less. :p

Edited by Lexington

And Saint Celestine who operates much like a Daemon Prince, and possibly Corax who is bopping around the warp as a living shadows/cloud of crows hunting Logar.

Honestly it's not like GW hasn't done this sort of thing before. Tomb Kings were undead who were animated with what was basically holy magic, some Seraphon are daemons conjured from memories of ancient Slaan and we have some examples existing in the setting.

Plus there is an arguement that while the Emperor may not have been a god in M30, after feeding him countless psykers and the faith of untold trillions everyday for 10k years may have pushed him into that realm, even if he's bound to a physical form which may cause new wrinkles to arise in the setting.

I got the feeling from the PA books that LotD would get rolled into this faction, however it manifests. It’d make enough sense - LotD has already been quasi-reclassified this way in Master of Mankind, and it’d be a way to bring back Ghost Ferrus as another Loyalist Primarch without upsetting the basic setup of the new Imperium’s power structure.

Like, again - and I cannot stress this enough - it’s a stupid idea and I hate it, but that just makes it more likely, not less. :tongue.:

40k has always run on the concept of "so stupid it's awesome". I mean the Imperium basically flies CHURCHES through HELL to travel through SPACE.

That's so stupid it's awesome.

"Catch it on Saturday, May 23rd, live on Twitch from 1:45 pm UK time. As always, we’ll round up the news as it breaks in a massive article in case you’re not able to catch it live. We’ll have more info for you as we get closer, but let’s just say you might want to clear your calendar and arrange an online watch party with your friends for this one. "

Destroyer Lord with legs would be strictly worse than a regular one? Why are you keen on one, Valrak?

Why would it be worse? Just curious about your statement.

He would lose his flight. Unless the character is a full redesign with jetpack and legs?

Lots of cool dreams here. Stuff I hadn't even considered. You guys also did a lot to diminish my anxiety over 9th; I feel like even if it turns it to be that, maybe it'll be okay. So thanks for that. One less day to wait...

As for an Imperial Daemon faction... Interesting. Not sure I'd get behind it personally. If it drew Celestine away from working with the SoB that would suck. But other than that, I'm sort of indifferent; the great thing about factions is that if I don't like them, I don't have to play them.

Gotta go back and look at that silhouette shot- I forgot about it; thanks for the reminder.

i am too stupid to bind that facebook pic into the post

https://scontent.fham3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/97773940_2637446909909265_9175393356623118336_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=0jvOsBVRXY4AX97zkNi&_nc_ht=scontent.fham3-1.fna&oh=50d1e9d647aa207e3e6b5d71be5178f0&oe=5EE72549

but that smells awfully like the lost and the damned

97773940_2637446909909265_91753933566231

Edited by Brother Tyler

Does it? It sounds like a pretty generic, non-specific Imperial type of sentence to me.

Does it? It sounds like a pretty generic, non-specific Imperial type of sentence to me.

Look at the silhouette above the 40k logo. Might need to zoom