BIG Preview Speculation

If GW announce a new edition this weekend, it is likely that sales of the already announced-but-not-released psychic awakening books will really suffer.

So what if the announcement is closer to the blood of the Phoenix box? Necrons vs Catachan as the last psychic awakening release. Leading into a later necron release wave similarly to how the box that introduced the armigers led to a later knight release.

If GW announce a new edition this weekend, it is likely that sales of the already announced-but-not-released psychic awakening books will really suffer.

So what if the announcement is closer to the blood of the Phoenix box? Necrons vs Catachan as the last psychic awakening release. Leading into a later necron release wave similarly to how the box that introduced the armigers led to a later knight release.

Only if the new edition invalidates existing datasheets and stratagems. I don't believe it will.

I'm buying the psychic awakening featuring AdMech because I feel the army needs some extra spice. Other people will have the same sentiment towards the books featuring the factions they collect.

Edited by Ishagu

I can make out Rogal Dorn most definitely

I'm not seeing a skeleton without a hand, point it out for me? :wink:

-gasps in Inwit-

I'm thinking it's gonna be something to do with the =][= in some capacity for the weak and the faithless to be mentioned.

Cambrius

It's not about it being possible to happen, it's about the fact that it happening would be a kick in the groin for both loyalists and heretics.

"Hey guys, we heard you loud and clear, you all want another loyalist Primarch. What's that? Russ? The Lion? Vulkan? Corax? Khan? Dorn? Ghost Ferrus? Don't be silly, we're giving you a loyalist Fulgrim clone. Now you can have a Primarch that doesn't fit in any of your collections while also taking something from the Traitor Legions, and you're all gonna have to wait another handful of years for another shot at a Primarch you actually wanted. It's the worst of both worlds!"

Doesn't seem to really fit for either Necrons or Space Marines, beyond the basic 'kill the weak' attitude they share. Could be we're seeing something else?

I agree that they're not going to invalidate PA releases before they've even happened, they could just preview models and not talk about 8.5/9th/whatever is coming on the rules side. 

I think that it’s at least plausible that they’ll preview a new edition, even while we’re waiting on the last few Psychic Awakening books. The lockdown has really messed up their release schedule, and I imagine the last PA books were already originally meant to be released by now, but I think they’d rather hype a new edition that’s “coming soon” with a note that all of these upcoming PA books will be compatible. Probably better for them than not getting the hype train started.

It's not about it being possible to happen, it's about the fact that it happening would be a kick in the groin for both loyalists and heretics.

"Hey guys, we heard you loud and clear, you all want another loyalist Primarch. What's that? Russ? The Lion? Vulkan? Corax? Khan? Dorn? Ghost Ferrus? Don't be silly, we're giving you a loyalist Fulgrim clone. Now you can have a Primarch that doesn't fit in any of your collections while also taking something from the Traitor Legions, and you're all gonna have to wait another handful of years for another shot at a Primarch you actually wanted. It's the worst of both worlds!"

I think it would be awesome lol.

There's so much interesting lore that could come from it, and there are lots of ways they could make him slot into Imperium armies...

Loyalist Fulgrim loosed from Trazyn's collection

Nah, the GW Studio doesn’t tend to incorporate BL-centric concepts like that into the game/background/models. The most you’ll get is something coming over from the Heresy series, like “The 500 Worlds,” or extremely loose references to Ghazghkull as “The Beast.”

Yeah I believe they'll keep codexes and psychic awakening books compatible which will mean they can hype an edition update whilst still pushing those.

Lets face it, an edition update is likely to be more the 8e update than something drastic

Exactly. A new edition is likely to change something from the current one, but unlikely to require new datasheets for existing units.

My guess is that they'll consolidate rules from FAQ/Erratas, add decent terrain rules and maybe change something regarding detachments, list-building and command points generation. 

Command points could work like in Kill Team, where you generate a certain amount each turn (depending on detachments, warlord still on the table, etc). A welcome addition would be a fortification slot for either the Battalion or Brigade detachment.

Pulls out spork, them be fightin' words!

Look at the silhouette above the 40k logo. Might need to zoom

I think you're gonna have to spell it out for me, because I've been looking above it, at it, below it, and all the way around it and I only feel like I'm going blind. :blink.:
It was the FB post/pic someone linked to earlier in the article that has a 40k logo in bottom left corner.

I may be Rorschach-ing myself into a trance but looks to me like some spectral/daemonic/etherial marine types around it

Could also be the fevered dreams of a mad man

Edited by Dark Shepherd

On my phone I can kinda see a shape...

It's a shape.looks like a leg starting above the warhammer logo, looks like I can see it on my phone because of the hdr screen, why it didn't appear on my PC, that's the only thing I can think of.

But it's just probably that human thing where we like to see objects/faces in things

Edited by Triszin

9th Edition. Starter Box with Space Marines vs Necrons, presumably new ETB sculpts.

Necron 'dex to follow afterwards with the Silent King and more units, in a similar vain to the full Death Guard release.

Dark Imperium contents split up into Primaris/Death Guard Start Collecting(!)s.

The 'weak and faithless will find no deliverance' I bet is a reference to Endless Spells Psychic Powers which will presumably include faith-variations for Sisters, Black Templars, etc.

Edited by Lord Marshal