Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Knights of Everfair

Imperial Knights Solar Auxilia

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,587 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Excellent work all aroundthumbsup.gif The livery and posing you do with your models is first rateyes.gif

gallery_26154_15777_13780.png

lalabox

lalabox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Knights, I guess

The modifications are well done; love that upright Armiger. I approve of the relocated missile launchers on the Knight; will you add the twin-autocannon atop the carapace, maximizing the firepower he may deliver unto his enemies?

Thanks very much. I'm thinking about it now that you mention it. I really like the design of the autocannons, but I don't love how they sit on top of the chassis, and what they do to the silhouette.

At the very least it's something that you can take on and off easily.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,985 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

I really like the design of the autocannons, but I don't love how they sit on top of the chassis, and what they do to the silhouette.

Maybe modify the Knight's neck so you may mount a suitably kitbashed twin-autocannon in place of the head? (I had ideas for relocating the weapon in the ball turret at a Knight's shoulder, to the Knight's head.)
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

lalabox

lalabox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Knights, I guess

I really like the design of the autocannons, but I don't love how they sit on top of the chassis, and what they do to the silhouette.

Maybe modify the Knight's neck so you may mount a suitably kitbashed twin-autocannon in place of the head? (I had ideas for relocating the weapon in the ball turret at a Knight's shoulder, to the Knight's head.)

I could maybe try some mountings to the side of the head where the heavy stubber and melta are supposed to go. I do really like the helmetted heads and i'd want to preserve them.

Although that might hide the good details of the guns if they're under the carapace.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Knights, Solar Auxilia

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users