A warrior returns home...

Greetings,

I am a returning hobbyist who has been following the hobby fairly closely from my location deep in the Webway.

I am very excited by the sheer excellence of the new models and very much looking forward to getting back involved in the painting/playing side of things (I've been reading the books and following the 'fluff').

I live in the UK and I'm looking forward to getting involved in the local scene, as you can probably tell I will be starting with Aeldari - Craftworld specifically a Saim-Hann Wild Host.

Stay safe.

Edited by Onónion

Are you returning completely from fresh, or do you have anything from before? If it's a new start the Start Collecting box sets are a great place to begin, giving you a decent number and variety of models for a discount :smile.: More so if you order from an online reseller, though for obvious reasons their stock levels won't be so great currently.

Don't forget to check in with your fellow filthy xenos crafterworlders :thumbsup:

Are you returning completely from fresh, or do you have anything from before? If it's a new start the Start Collecting box sets are a great place to begin, giving you a decent number and variety of models for a discount :smile.: More so if you order from an online reseller, though for obvious reasons their stock levels won't be so great currently.

Don't forget to check in with your fellow filthy xenos crafterworlders :thumbsup:

Returning fresh, yes. I don't have any models currently, I still have some of my equipment for painting though so it's not all new.

I haven't bought any of the rule-books or codexes yet (that is on my list) however for now I put together a quick 500pt force on BattleScribe and placed my 500pt order using that.

Being Saim-Hann naturally its all jetbike based, consisting of; 12 Windriders, 1 Warlock Skyrunner and 3 Vypers. (ordered through a local reseller as suggested :wink: )

I shall indeed head down to the Craftworlder's forum at some point and familiarise myself with the locals. 

Edited by Onónion

Welcome to the B&C! Always nice to see more Eldar players!

BCC

Thank you Battle Captain Corpus - are you an Eldar player yourself?

Looks like you have it all planned out :thumbsup:

"Plan" is probably a little generous! But, I do have a rough idea where I'm going! :teehee:

Welcome to the B&C and back to the hobby, Onónion! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the welcome Dosjetka.

@Onónion: I am indeed a follower of the Path of Damnation (Black Legion) and the Path of the Warrior (Eldar) :D

I play Alaitoc and have a growing force. Our Eldar forums are really great here and we have some wonderful painters and players to draw inspiration from!

BCC

Edited by battle captain corpus

Welcome Onónion. Not a bad time to get back into the hobby. Theres some nice new sculpts that have been released forthe Eldar and I am hoping they do some more soon! I have only recently come back to the hobby too and Eldar was my first army.

Welcome Onónion. Not a bad time to get back into the hobby. Theres some nice new sculpts that have been released forthe Eldar and I am hoping they do some more soon! I have only recently come back to the hobby too and Eldar was my first army.

Welcome back to you also then Dwango!

I built my first Windrider Jetbike this evening just to get a feel for the "newer" kits, by gosh have they improved! Assembly was as smooth as butter. Genuinely a really, really nice kit to build - which is good because I have a lot to get through. :biggrin.:

Edited by Onónion

Welcome back to the hobby, you've chosen a good time to return. :smile.:

Thank you Doghouse, out of interest what makes you say that, whats good about now?

Welcome! I’ve been bitten by the Aeldari bug with my choice being the Harlequins. Hope to see some painted stuff in the Xenos forum mate. 

Well met kinsman, it is good to see another Aeldari player, especially a Harlequin one (they get on pretty well with Saim-Hann or so I've read :wink:). Harlequins are a beautiful (if currently slightly small) range, I do believe they just got an update in White Dwarf? I've also heard that update was quite good?

I'm currently assembling my Windriders at the moment with my main colour paints (inks) on backorder. I will be opening a thread soon! :yes: