Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Disgustingly Resilient

- - - - - rule; rules disgustingly resilient death guard nurgle wound

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts

The exact wording of the rule is, "Each time a model with this ability loses a wound, roll a dice; on a 5+ the model does not lose that wound."

A wound. Not wounds.

Does that mean if the model is wounded by a single attack that deals more than one point of damage, I roll for each point of wound separately, or am I overthinking this?

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,702 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Correct. 

If 1 attack deals 5 wounds you make 5 Disgustingly Resilient rolls, etc.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 20 May 2020 - 11:45 AM.

• Battle Brother Abderus and MetalMammoth like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts
You roll for each wound separately. So if a 1W plague marine is wounded by a 2 damage weapon and fails his armor save, he has to make two separate 5+ DR rolls or one wound gets through and kills him. Mathematically it's like adding 33% more wounds to a model in the end if that helps you put it in perspective. It's nice for our multi wound Daemon engines but it falls flat on our 1W marines constantly. It's a cost baked into our units that makes them more expensive versus iron hands and others that get a free 6+ from traits. And other factions get traits to all their units. Except chaos space marines, because why not.

Edited by Putrid Choir, 20 May 2020 - 11:52 AM.

• MetalMammoth likes this

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts
Thanks! I'm glad that's cleared up.
  • Putrid Choir likes this

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts
I forgot to mention, it DOES work on mortal wounds. So that's a plus.
  • MetalMammoth likes this

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts
One reason I only take MSU plague marines and load up on poxwalkers for my objectives. We should be more resilient across the board based on our lore.
  • Putrid Choir likes this

8.jpg

Armies:  Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights and Custodes.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

One reason I only take MSU plague marines and load up on poxwalkers for my objectives. We should be more resilient across the board based on our lore.

I mean, Plague Marines are also T5. Meaning they're more resilient by default than your average Astartes.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpggallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts

I mean, Plague Marines are also T5. Meaning they're more resilient by default than your average Astartes.

True, but Intercessors are only 1 point more for 2W 2A with 1inch more move. 2 wounds >> 1 wound and DR. Unless you're getting mortal wound spammed, but people usually save those for bigger threats.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

True, but Intercessors are only 1 point more for 2W 2A with 1inch more move. 2 wounds >> 1 wound and DR. Unless you're getting mortal wound spammed, but people usually save those for bigger threats.

This is true. They're still tough compared to your average Chaos Troops option, though.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpggallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts

This is true. They're still tough compared to your average Chaos Troops option, though.

True but not sure how many strong chaos lists are full of chaos marines either.

8.jpg

Armies:  Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights and Custodes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rule; rules, disgustingly resilient, death guard, nurgle, wound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users