Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Price Adjustment, New Releases!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,262 posts

mN08XjJn9Rd6Vh1x.jpg

WarCom Article.

Releases are opening up soon! And of course, some prince adjustment as well.

May be best to "lock" the thread, as salt will likely be considerable on the price front.
  • Lord Nord likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,443 posts
  • Faction: Space wolves
I mean at least they're giving a warning?

Most companies tend to just change the price rather than announce it coming and actually tell you what's going up.

Hopefully FW will be back soon™ too.
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 304 posts

What an odd collection of items that go up. Some are ancient others brand new.

• Firedrake Cordova likes this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,221 posts
Yay to new releases. Not sure how I feel about already expensive character models going up in price even further. Some of the squad boxes I was genuinely surprised were still as low as they are. The DE ones especially.
  • Kite Senet likes this

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,116 posts

To save everyone some time:

Nearly all vanilla marines will be increasing

Only one Primaris model going to increase - Shadowspear Captain in Phobos armour. The Primaris upgrade frames will also go up.

• Lucerne, Nocturne Noble, Slave to Darkness and 3 others like this

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,519 posts
How they can say the majority of stuff will stay the same when it’s the core stuff from pretty much every faction that’s going up in price is beyond me.

Also a lot of this stuff is less than a year old and even more of it has had a price increase during 8th edition already so it’s pretty hard to swallow that it hasn’t risen in years.
  • Lucerne, Rune Priest Ridcully, Volt and 2 others like this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 413 posts
Link just takes me to gw homepage.

8.jpg

Armies:  Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights and Custodes.

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

I think I have 6 Leman Russ Tanks but I don't know. I should order just one more. And some more Scions, just to be sure.

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 413 posts

I do business with the local GW but I also buy some stuff online occasionally.  This week I have found a new place around the corner from me (independent) that I never knew existed.  Guess my next £250 order will be going there tomorrow for the 20% discount and free postage :-)  GW will still earn a cut and I will be supporting a local independent store also.

Edited by happyslugger, 21 May 2020 - 06:32 PM.

• Firedrake Cordova, Lucerne, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch and 1 other like this

8.jpg

Armies:  Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights and Custodes.

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 740 posts
If they really wanted to be honest about this they should give us a % of price increase...

and the way the article is written, it sounds like the chosen products are mostly older stuff but browsing the list it's more like 400 of the top 500 best sellers.

Now watch the GW brigade come to the defense of this pretty shameless move (imo)
  • ThatOneMarshal, 01RTB01, Hungry Nostraman Lizard and 5 others like this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,519 posts

If they really wanted to be honest about this they should give us a % of price increase...

and the way the article is written, it sounds like the chosen products are mostly older stuff but browsing the list it's more like 400 of the top 500 best sellers.

Now watch the GW brigade come to the defense of this pretty shameless move (imo)

Yep. In fact it’s so hard to imagine what’s not in the list to get to 3000 they must be counting every single pot of paint as a separate item.

As for the price increase itself. You can spot a lot of the ones that went up last time as they now end in £2.50 or £7.50. They tended to go up by £2.50 last time on a lot of the multi-model boxes so I’d guess it’ll be the same this time, e.g. if it’s now £22.50 it’ll go up to £25.

Edited by MARK0SIAN, 21 May 2020 - 06:40 PM.

• MetalMammoth likes this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Someguy11

Someguy11

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts
I noticed that most of the plastic Necron range was on there. A lot of them were kits that got raised last year.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 511 posts
I wonder if the link is incorrect. Quite a few newer releases on it. Like the aeronautica stuff.

Some of it humorous. Was anyone buying assault marines? That berzerker kit is so dated a price increase has me waiting for the a hopeful future new release.

Having new releases in 2.5 weeks is great news. Finally get back on schedule.
  • Kite Senet likes this

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 779 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
All the AI planes are in there as well as the AT terrain kits.
Also figure cases are going up.

May need to pop into the element games website and grab some SM command squad boxes, they are full of handy conversion bits.

The list would be easier to look through if GW didn't do the annoying thing of listing all the different builds from a box as separate items on the website.
  • Magos Takatus and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

RWJP

RWJP

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 437 posts
  • Faction: Storm Watch

Clever time to announce it... Announce this today, and then do something big on Saturday to hopefully distract the community.

Current Forces:

The Storm Watch - WIP Custom Space Marine Chapter

1st Atrian Rifles - WIP Astra Militarum Regiment

Ultramarines - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Death Guard - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,118 posts
My question is will/ when will FW go up?

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,748 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

I mean announcing that prices are rising soon on basically everything in the range (And transparently failing to downplay it, i bet the front line Customer service folks are loving their jobs right now :( ) could just be a cheap way to get a swift cash injection as the factories are up and running, it may well be a tiny rise.

I cant lie though, its frustrating that a few of the things i want but find a bit objectionably priced are going up still further like Sisters of Silence and the Battleshrine :/ 

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 923 posts

If the link is correct then the Battle Sanctum is going up. Didn’t that come out in March just before lockdown?

• Firedrake Cordova and Lazy Soldier like this

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,102 posts

=][=  Just a reminder to be respectful of peoples views here. Prices are always a touchy subject, don't make it personal please.  =][=

Edited by PeteySödes, 21 May 2020 - 07:14 PM.

• Firedrake Cordova, Black Blow Fly, Mazer Rackham and 4 others like this

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,005 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Oh look, all of the primer is getting a price increase. Yippee. (looks like most of the hobby ancilliaries are going up as well. Brushes, water pot, mini holders, the paint pot tripod [which I would honestly be ok with it going up, you save so much shade its not even funny], but not paints).

Immortals getting a price jump does sting, because IIRC they got a price increase just a little while ago. Makes me happy I've got a fair few converted ones sitting and waiting for paint/greenstuff.

On a more general note, I don't think GW's tagging system is working perfectly, because there are plenty of Wh40k models that are going up that aren't being caught by the 40k tag...

Edit: scions going up also hurts a little, as I was looking to get some for my guard force. Guess the SC got more valuable now.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, 21 May 2020 - 07:18 PM.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,511 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I'm not saying I called this back when the factory shut down but...

Also the Leman Russ is going up? Did people actually buy anything but the Start Collecting(!)'s for them anymore?

Cadian Shock Troops going up is hysterical when they only just went up a few months ago. Remember when they were 20 for £15?

I guess Neophyte Hybrids going up confirms that Acolytes will be nerfed into the dirt next CA.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 21 May 2020 - 07:25 PM.

• Marshal Loss and Lucerne like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,039 posts
New releases hooray, give me the aeronautica stuff pls :)

Just need FW back now.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,493 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

To save everyone some time:

Nearly all vanilla marines will be increasing

As 'codex compliant' vanilla or OG marine vanilla?? Because if its the old marines it seems funny how they jack the prices there knowing people are worried Primaris will be phasing them out, people are even more reluctant to buy minis they may not be able to use in a few years so GW just scraps them because we aint buying them. 

• MegaVolt87 likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,413 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

The Sanctum is made in China, I wouldn't be surprised if the prices from the factory over there have gone up which is causing that one as a lot of scenery is on the list. There is alot of stuff there that was on the last increase list, that poor Chaos Rhino wont be left alone.

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 923 posts

The Sanctum is made in China, I wouldn't be surprised if the prices from the factory over there have gone up which is causing that one as a lot of scenery is on the list. There is alot of stuff there that was on the last increase list, that poor Chaos Rhino wont be left alone.

Oh ok, did not know that. I thought they made everything in Nottingham.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users