Primaris and the Black Templars

nusphigor

I take it you guys are all thrilled to have an entire wave of CC Primaris units to add to your armies?

Lots of robes and purity seals, and chainswords aplenty.

They are Templars, literally Templars, their power swords are very similar to the power sword used by Helbrecht, SwordBro in SwordBrothern, and our upgrade sprew. Those lanterns are commonly used throughout the Templar range. We had the not GravisPad (EChampion and Helbrecht) before it was cool. The NotChampion, has so many design cues from EChampion and Helbrecht, its unmistakable. Like this is what I wanted, I don't need a upgrade sprew anymore because this gives me the bits I need. 

Not talking about colour.

Im the same breath you say its BT i can also say its BA.

Its generic.

They share some things with BT, but overall for me fall short.

For example you look at lazarus and you instantly know its DA.

Still gonna salvage some bits from there, and quite happy with melee intercessors.

Now primaris crusader squad would be the dream.

Edited by Sete

It's close enough to be perfect. Look at the new Captain, Lt and veterans. What more would we want in a Templar version, dedicated chapter pads aside? 

Characters and the 5 sword brethren models aside, everything we have is generic with upgrade bits.

Edited by Brother Adelard

On Tuesday I think there is a QandA on twitch. Is there someone who have an account there? I want to know if Templars play a bigger role this time ( in this BLACK LIBRARY series )

It's the new Heresy/TBA. It will run for years and cover everyone. It's awesome. Expect novels, eventually, for everyone!

Look at those models and look at our models then compare to BA/SW. These models have bunch of clear aethestic and design choices that fit Black Templars and is part of our design but NOT part of BA/SW or even DA. The Sword Hilt design, is taken from our Sword Brothern, Helbrecht and Upgrade Sprew. The lanterns spammed everywhere, the Tabards come from our own EChampion. The use of Gravis NotPad is something first seen in Helbrecht and EChampion. The spamming of lanterns and chains is so very Templar. This is our refresh, the time is nigh, and its our time! We have waited and we have recieved! Its not "Templar" but its Templar, these Templar models in all but name. 

So now we truly hit the generic rock bottom. xD

I would prefer the proper thing than "took inspiration from"

Still i agree it fit us better than WS, but they have a sprue to spice things up.

What i would want? Greatswords. Not big on shields.

That executioner sword is in the top 10 of betrayals in my life.

Edited by Sete

I cannot fathom why you aren't excited by these models. We have literally never had it this good. 

Big claim, but it's defendable.

We have only ever had 14 dedicated BT sculpts since 3rd Edition. (Two champion sculpts, Helbrecht, Grim, 3 Cenobytes, Draco, 5 Sword Brethren, BT Dread (FW))*

For everything else, we have had to convert generic models using the upgrade kit: Crusaders, Terminators, Marshals, Castellans, Ancients, sword brethren units (apart from the 5 monopose mentioned above)

These 'generic' models are more Black Templar than anything we have ever had before to kit up. They are awesome!

*happy to be corrected on that number.

What else? I mean these are literally Templars in all but name, even then I have few friends telling me "they are too Templarly for me use them for my Wolves/BA". Like yeah I like them to be BT specific but on same token, this is "You guys are so awesome, we had to use your aethestic to be awesome for our melee marine". Instead of being so generic we hit rock bottom, are image and concept were so concrete, a major marine wave if anything like Phobo wave, could be designed around that. 

Oh it didnt came as of a big of suprise to me some of that stuff.

Again i just would prefer the proper thing.

I really want a Primaris helbrecth and champion, not the knock off.

But dont let me rob you guys of your enthusiasm. Enjoy it. ;)

Edited by Sete

I cannot fathom why you aren't excited by these models. We have literally never had it this good. 

We have only ever had 14 dedicated BT sculpts since 3rd Edition. (Two champion sculpts, Helbrecht, Grim, 3 Cenobytes, Draco, 5 Sword Brethren, BT Dread (FW))*

For everything else, we have had to convert generic models using the upgrade kit: Crusaders, Terminators, Marshals, Castellans, Ancients, sword brethren units (apart from the 5 monopose mentioned above)

These 'generic' models are more Black Templar than anything we have ever had before to kit up. They are awesome!

I'm one of those people who has wanted our own codex back for years, but I'm starting to cool on that.  Similarly to the number of sculpts, we haven't really had all that many unique units.  Our own codex means we have to play the update to the update game when a new C:SM comes out.  Ask BA, DA, SW and especially DW players how fun that is.

Characters will likely come in time, 

Oh it didnt came as of a big of suprise to me some of that stuff.

Again i just would prefer the proper thing.

I really want a Primaris helbrecth and champion, not the knock off.

But dont let me rob you guys of your enthusiasm. Enjoy it. :wink:

They'll come in due course. These aren't replacing those.

I'm one of those people who has wanted our own codex back for years, but I'm starting to cool on that.  Similarly to the number of sculpts, we haven't really had all that many unique units.  Our own codex means we have to play the update to the update game when a new C:SM comes out.  Ask BA, DA, SW and especially DW players how fun that is.

I agree. I actually prefer the idea of getting a proper supplement one day. You get all the advantages of using the poster-boy rules, with your own flavour.

Everyone's still complaining even though we finally got the #1 thing we needed. I'm really happy about this. Also that one leaked primaries executioner looking guy. I hope that was real

Edit: it's real. Here's the leaked image: https://i.redd.it/mbcpxx19di051.jpg He's also in a full color but low res teaser of the new line.

Edited by +Chaplain Matthias+

Everyone's still complaining even though we finally got the #1 thing we needed. I'm really happy about this. Also that one leaked primaries executioner looking guy. I hope that was real

Edit: it's real. Here's the leaked image: https://i.redd.it/mbcpxx19di051.jpg He's also in a full color but low res teaser of the new line.

I'm pretty hype.  I'm real curious to see how the Intercessors are differentiated from Reivers, other than being able to use Intercessor strats.

My only complaint is that instead of Black Templars Coke we have Black Templar Pepsi.

;)

Edited by Sete

An upgrade sprue for Primaris tabarss would be very difficult to manufacture. It was easy when every marine had an interchangeable chest piece, nowadays, when even a frame of basic intercessors has five different shaped torsos, that's a big ask. That is if you want full tabards, not half ones.