Primaris and the Black Templars

nusphigor

We have the new veteran kit for that to help and our old tabards w/ green stuff actually still work okay for that

You have any visual examples of the old tabbards with green stuff on primaris? New veterans look like they are already robed up so they won't be an issue.

I'm hoping for a September release, that's my birthday.

Then dedicated multi-part kits before Christmas.

In the meantime, I need to paint some stuff, and sell some others...

I don't know if I could wait until September lol, I'm hoping for a July release. My birthday is June 4th, and there's no chance of it releasing then, so I figure July is the closest timeframe that's within reason, right? I recall Dark Imperium launched in July.

I'd be happy to see any Primaris marine in Black Templar colours from GW, I honestly don't think they have a studio BT Primaris army.

Im sure they dont.

Even for the faith and fury and previous codex, same half dozen units lmao.

in the times of faith and fury they already had the rules and models. Its possible - even this word "crusade" is a big thing in this edition. 

I cannot fathom why you aren't excited by these models. We have literally never had it this good. 

Big claim, but it's defendable.

We have only ever had 14 dedicated BT sculpts since 3rd Edition. (Two champion sculpts, Helbrecht, Grim, 3 Cenobytes, Draco, 5 Sword Brethren, BT Dread (FW))*

For everything else, we have had to convert generic models using the upgrade kit: Crusaders, Terminators, Marshals, Castellans, Ancients, sword brethren units (apart from the 5 monopose mentioned above)

These 'generic' models are more Black Templar than anything we have ever had before to kit up. They are awesome!

*happy to be corrected on that number.

I'm one of those people who has wanted our own codex back for years, but I'm starting to cool on that.  Similarly to the number of sculpts, we haven't really had all that many unique units.  Our own codex means we have to play the update to the update game when a new C:SM comes out.  Ask BA, DA, SW and especially DW players how fun that is.

Honestly it's because of this I'm hoping they just switch BA, DA, SW and DW to supplements and make C:SM all the shared stuff every chapter gets. It means the core can always get updated and when they revisit supplements they can focus in on what strictly makes that chapter special.

Everyone's still complaining even though we finally got the #1 thing we needed. I'm really happy about this. Also that one leaked primaries executioner looking guy. I hope that was real

Edit: it's real. Here's the leaked image: https://i.redd.it/mbcpxx19di051.jpg He's also in a full color but low res teaser of the new line.

I'm pretty hype.  I'm real curious to see how the Intercessors are differentiated from Reivers, other than being able to use Intercessor strats.

They're troops would be the biggest difference.

I mean, we already have Incursors in a Troops slot. A regular chainsword gives Intercessors 4 attacks, counting Shock Assault. Incursors have effectively 3.75 attacks thanks to their knives, plus boltguns, forward deployment, smoke grenades, mines, and the ability to ignore cover and hit modifiers.

Unless Assault Intercessors have some kind of differentiating feature or are just really cheap, they're going to be mechanically pretty disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about the aesthetics of it, but their special rules will make or break the unit from a rules perspective.

I mean, we already have Incursors in a Troops slot. A regular chainsword gives Intercessors 4 attacks, counting Shock Assault. Incursors have effectively 3.75 attacks thanks to their knives, plus boltguns, forward deployment, smoke grenades, mines, and the ability to ignore cover and hit modifiers.

Unless Assault Intercessors have some kind of differentiating feature or are just really cheap, they're going to be mechanically pretty disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about the aesthetics of it, but their special rules will make or break the unit from a rules perspective.

How much is an Incursor vs an Intercessor in points? It could be points cost.

happy for you guys

might not be a codex (which may never be), but this does give you stuff to rally around. you can build thematic templar armies around this stuff. a special character update or two and likely all the Templar bases are covered.

Edited by Wispy

An Incursor is 19, and an Intercessor is 17. Forward deployment alone is easily worth +2 points, never mind all the other stuff. Reivers cost 16 and can deep strike, and they aren't even good.

the ability to have access to a Thunderhammer can handle a bunch of incursor rules.

Here's my crazy opinion on the Veterans and the Assault Intercessors: They don't really fit the Ultras and certainly not Iron Hands or Raven Guard either.

The Assault Intercessors are more plausable as Ultras or other less cc focused chapters due to them mirroring old 30k units such as the CC Legion squads, but those Veterans are literally Black Templars without the shoulder. Not just the vets but the other characters around them.

I actually though the Executioner was a BT character when I first saw the Black and White pics.

BTW he's apparently called a Judicar. He's an elite choice and has an ability to force enemy units to fight 2nd.

Edited by Ishagu

we know those units are a must, of course
but what else would you add to a templar army?

I currently own 5 intercessors and maybe i can negotiate with a client for the marine half of the prophecy of the wolf box.

Would you sugest to get those?

we know those units are a must, of course

but what else would you add to a templar army?

I currently own 5 intercessors and maybe i can negotiate with a client for the marine half of the prophecy of the wolf box.

Aggressors with bolt storm gauntlets?

thanks guys!
I will add those to the list.

But would you suggest the contents of the marine part of the prophecy of the wolf? I cant remember the name of that unit.
Also, would it be good to upgrade the intercessors unit to 10?

I run 10 Intercessors in a unit as it makes them better for using strats, you get more bang for your buck in terms of performance on the table with bonus rules.

As for the prophecy of the wolf, I'm not sure you should bother. The unit is basically a 10 man infiltrator unit you can buy seperately.

I run 10 Intercessors in a unit as it makes them better for using strats, you get more bang for your buck in terms of performance on the table with bonus rules.

As for the prophecy of the wolf, I'm not sure you should bother. The unit is basically a 10 man infiltrator unit you can buy seperately.

Thank you brother :)

maybe i can negotiate with a client for the marine half of the prophecy of the wolf box.

The PotW box has the multipart Infiltrator/Incursors. Incursors are great for Black Templars, so you could certainly use them if you had them. Assault Intercessors might become our go-to Troops choice in 9e, but it's too early to say for sure.

I like these models. Will they be competitive? I imagine the melta guys will suffer the fate of the hellblasters. They get shot first. I am more excited about the melee intercessors and bikers. I see a future for them.

I like these models. Will they be competitive? I imagine the melta guys will suffer the fate of the hellblasters. They get shot first. I am more excited about the melee intercessors and bikers. I see a future for them.

Take them and Hellblasters? Now your opponent has to split fire instead of focus firing.

Threat saturation is always a boon to army building.