Primaris and the Black Templars

nusphigor

Sadly, the answer is that almost none of the existing Primaris units work especially well for Black Templars. Aggressors, Intercessors with thunder hammer sergeants, and Incursors all do fine with our in-your-face playstyle, although they're not perfect.

Repulsors are sadly not very good for anybody, but if you really want to run one, Black Templars are probably your best bet, since we can give it 4++ with a relic and 5+++ with a litany. The problem is that so far, there aren't any Primaris units worth 300 points for a delivery vehicle. Thematically, it's perfectly fitting; the Land Raider Crusader was our signature vehicle for a while, and putting those buffs on an LRC full of Assault Centurions is still pretty good.

What type of helmets do you all use for your primaris? I want to make them more templar-y

I am having a hard time deciding for the assault intercessors between mkIII, grey knight strike squad, Templar upgrade heads, and standard tactical helms.

Edited by SirJyo

What type of helmets do you all use for your primaris? I want to make them more templar-y

I am having a hard time deciding for the assault intercessors between mkIII, grey knight strike squad, Templar upgrade heads, and standard tactical helms.

I use MkIII on my Reivers and GK Terminators on my Aggressors.

The standard Primaris one mostly in my case. Reason being I'm a bit fussed about having complete armor marks. Even in my old classic marine crusade, I tried as much as possible to have every marine with intact suits of mark 6, mark 7 and even mark 4's. This then translated to the Primaris marines sticking to their mark 10 helmets as well.

Before the reveal of 9th, I was thinking I'd add Sword brethren at some point to my Primaris Crusade that I would've converted and kitbashed. Was thinking of adding older armor mark helmets to them to show that these were old ascended veterans. Would've gone with both adorned standard mk7's and more adorned ones from vanguard or sternguard kits.

But with the Bladeguard already coming with helmets in crusader style, I'll probably wait and see what they do with the next veteran unit. I'll work in some classic helms at some point.

Greetings,

Like almost all of you, when i have see those new marines, i was first hyped for my new SW project...but then, looking more closely, i was like : hey, those are the primaris i was waiting to play BT without my lazy ass finding excuse to not convert some.

So im seriously looking at those, but i would like to know about the overall primaris already existing, what are those who fill black templar ? Aggressor and incursor, noted, i assume the primaris dread are good too ?

Are do black templar have any use of the primaris repulsor ? I think they don't mind getting into a impulsor to crusade more quickly into your face but tank are another story, as far as i know templar are way more into melee than shooting.

Kinda the same question with the new bikes, for example wolves have specific bikes unit, do templar have some too ?

There are ways to play Black Templar very shooty too. Its confusing but they are in the Space Marine codex, so they have their strength und weakness too. 

There a few relics and Litanies what makes them extrem powerful.

Edited by Medjugorje

dont know why but i cannot cut this into my post below - so i have to make a new entry

Grey Knight Paladin helmets for all kind of Gravis and Centurion and Terminators

Dark Angels 30k helmets and the Grey Knight power armor helmets for normal Primaris.

About the helmets, i have found a lot of them for primaris black templar on shapeway who look kinda cool imo :)

There are ways to play Black Templar very shooty too. Its confusing but they are in the Space Marine codex, so they have their strength und weakness too. 

There a few relics and Litanies what makes them extrem powerful.

Ok so if i take out shooting units as black templar along with a lot of melee and i would be still fluffy enough ?

Sadly, the answer is that almost none of the existing Primaris units work especially well for Black Templars. Aggressors, Intercessors with thunder hammer sergeants, and Incursors all do fine with our in-your-face playstyle, although they're not perfect.

Repulsors are sadly not very good for anybody, but if you really want to run one, Black Templars are probably your best bet, since we can give it 4++ with a relic and 5+++ with a litany. The problem is that so far, there aren't any Primaris units worth 300 points for a delivery vehicle. Thematically, it's perfectly fitting; the Land Raider Crusader was our signature vehicle for a while, and putting those buffs on an LRC full of Assault Centurions is still pretty good.

And what about the big boy repex ? I like big tank and he look like a madness shooting platform but would it be "fluff" to use it ?

For example, im looking at SW but i want to play some iron wolves, who are basicly mecanised SW, so playing tank with them is "logical"

I don't know black templar enough, i know they are fanatic who want to reach melee a lot  but if i pick heavy support for them, i would like to follow the fluff too. I think i could take dread without any problem but a repex ?

In a more general way, what should i look at or buy to have a first look about black templars ? Since they didn't make any book or supplement, beside the V2 SM codex what other source of information i have ?

too much Devastor squads are not fluffy except they are all equiped with grav cannons or melta in drop pods.

Black Templar warfare is largely by tanks and drop pods. In 4th edition there was a section where is told that Black Templars attack by Drop Pods and if there is more opposition then comes the "heavy cavalry" in form of tanks (Predators, Vindicators and of corse Land Raider Crusaders).

There is no difference with Primaris yet but change LRC, Predator with Repulsors and Impulsors ...

Edited by Medjugorje