Prospective Drukhari Raiding Party

Doctor Perils

Hi there!

So I've liked the aspect and feel of the Drukhari for quite some time: they play completely differently from (Chaos) Space Marines, and while I've always been wary of playing in such a "glass cannon" way, I feel it's something I could enjoy.

Well, thanks to a little challenge with one of the members here, I've finally taken the plunge. I have the Start Collecting and the Drukhari half of Blood of the Phoenix on their way, and have started to make some lists around those models.

I'd originally wanted to do the tri-patrol list, but in all honesty I love Kaballites, but I'm not overjoyed by Haemonculi - I don't mind the body horror aspects, but I'm not sure it's for me. In addition, I've heard that the tri-patrol isn't actually all that good.

I still want a Kabal and a Cult though, so I'm still looking at two detachments: a Kabalite Battalion and a Cult Outrider Detachment.

Another restriction I have is that I need it to be a travel army, so, while I love Raiders and Ravagers, I can't take too many, and even fewer larger ones.

EDIT: Oh, and most importantly, I'm not looking for a beat-face list: I want to play something because it's fun, not to win.

So here's what I'm looking at atm:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Type: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon
. Sslyth
. Ur-Ghul
. Ur-Ghul
. Ur-Ghul

+ HQ +

Archon: Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Soulthirst, The Helm of Spite, Warlord

Drazhar

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors
. 15x Kabalite Warrior: 15x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Warrior with heavy weapon (up to 1 for 10 models): Dark Lance
. Kabalite Warrior with heavy weapon (up to 1 for 10 models): Dark Lance
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors
. 3x Kabalite Warrior: 3x Splinter Rifle
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors
. 3x Kabalite Warrior: 3x Splinter Rifle
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Incubi
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges
. Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Dark Lance
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider: Dark Lance

Venom: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

Venom: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Type: Cult of the Red Grief

+ HQ +

Succubus: Shardnet and impaler

+ Fast Attack +

Hellions
. Helliarch: Hellglaive, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
. 4x Hellion: 4x Hellglaive, 4x Splinter pods

Reavers: Grav-Talon
. Arena Champion: Agoniser
. Reaver
. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Heat lance

Reavers: Grav-Talon
. Arena Champion: Agoniser
. Reaver
. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Heat lance

This gets me to 1179 points.

The idea is having the 5 Kabalite strong squads in the venoms, harassing the flanks, the Archon, Sslyth and big bunch of kaballites objective-sitting in backtable; The Succubus, Drazhar, Incubi and Ur-Ghuls in the Raider with the Reavers and Hellions accompanying them close by for a CQC thrust.

• Does that sound like a reasonable basis?
  • What do I do with the 70 remaining points to get to 1250?
  • What could I do with an extra 500 points expansion?

Welcome to the Dark City :) I think you have a good start, Kabals are the meat of most DE forces so it's always good to focus there to start with. Troop choices are best kept cheaper I think, and a 20 man squad is likely morale fodder.

Same with Scourges, as much as I love them a minimum squad with Dark Lances is not likely to last long :confused: Similar with the Court, I really like the models and am half way through mine already but they're not great sadly :(

Is there anything in particular you'd like to add? Some more Raiders would be nice to get your troops moving and provide some extra guns, and you can't go wrong with having a good contingent of Warriors as a core.

I've just noticed that Raiders are worth 80 points - do you think that splitting the unit of 20 in half and placing one of the halves in that new Raider would be a good way of getting to 1250?

If I remove half the Dark Lances on the scourges, would that be better? Would I then not run into the risk of having trouble against vehicles?

I think that would be good for the Warriors. As for the Scourges 5 T3 4+/6++ models are not hard to kill and they will be a very juicy target with full upgrades. My plan has always been to stick to one or two weapons for a 5 model squad and only consider four when the squad is larger e.g. 8+. Even then, given how 8th works probably best to stick to small squads and share the weapons out across multiple squads.

You'll have an extra Raider for another Dark Lance don't forget, and at 1250pts you probably don't need to worry too much about loading up on lots of AT. You have a decent selection I think so it may depend on your expected opponents?

Welcome. I believe that scourge should carry heat lances. Deep strike in at 9" away and unload on the big stuff. That's what I do. As for warriors, I use 10 man units in raiders with blaster, blast pistol and dark Lance in the unit. Move fast and blast away. I run at least 1 unit of incubi in a venom and a flyer. Edited by Dread