Raven Guard Successor Imperial Guard Support

I'm back into 40k. It's been some time since I was last here. With my return to the Hobby I've been focusing on Raven Guard, because my imperial Guard just felt static and boring. But In writing my fluff for a Norse-themed Raven Guard Successor Chapter, I came up with the idea of a fortress world existing within this chapter's recruiting worlds. One which trains it's children from the age of six to be superb soldiers, and from which this chapter could recruit (taking the most compatible of the world's second sons).

Now, It also occurred to me that this Successor chapter would actually have been split off pre-heresy (technically they're legion remnants reorganized into a codex compliant chapter) they would have had all manner of equipment that the Adeptus Terra would no longer permit the Astartes to use (Basilisks and Malcadors) and it seemed that having a guard regiment to man these engines of war for them, would be proper, and fun.

I am wondering, what would a Raven Guard Successor chapter value most in Imperial Guard support? Infantry? Storm troopers? Obviously I intend to use Malcador Heavy Tanks and Basilisks, as the core of the support.

I was thinking about putting my plastic tempestus scions to use for this particular project, as my Cadians don't use them. I was also curious as to what regimental doctrines might be most useful for a Raven Guard Support element? I was thinking Tallarn, but I wonder if there are others which might be better? It still appears that if I take the MT regimental tactics that they cannot use tanks and sentinels or anything without the keyword.

I thought that the more ornate armor of the MT Scions would go better with the Norse theme of my successor chapter. The Colors are Grey and Red, so I was thinking of actually reversing it and doing grey fatigues with red armor while keeping the grey as the primary color on the vehicles, as the legion vehicles would simply be "On Loan".

What do y'all think?

The heavy support armour would definitely make sense

Scions yes from a lore perspective but from a gaming perspective less so

Only problem with including guard is that space Marines will lose their doctrines which most space Marines players don't think is worth

If you're playing causally your opponents might actually appreciate that though ;)

The heavy support armour would definitely make sense

Scions yes from a lore perspective but from a gaming perspective less so

Only problem with including guard is that space Marines will lose their doctrines which most space Marines players don't think is worth

If you're playing causally your opponents might actually appreciate that though :wink:

I'm only considering this from a casual perspective. It's probably not something I'd ever play in combination on the table, or if I did, it would be in an Apoc scale game (and likely then I'd be using Apoc rules).