Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's your favourite Superheavy, and why?

30k horus heresy superheavy

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,835 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Glaive, because the rules are so far out there,  and it forces both players to more heavily consider movement and unit placement. 

I'm looking forward to playing with my Gorgon once this pandemic cools off. Might make myself a second one,  as well as a banenlade-variant (plasma or shadowsword) for a 3 superheavy Militia list.

I'm guessing because you can hit your own stuff in the process? Half the fun of templetes/ area dmg in older editions was watching the look of horror on your opponents face as you still shot the pies even though it was very likely it would scatter on your own guys.

*Bane voice* "How safe do you really feel, being close to my units?"
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Mogsam

Mogsam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons
The opposite. Glaive is a beam and can't hit itself so you have to be very careful now you place troops
  • Gederas likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,431 posts

Glaive, because the rules are so far out there,  and it forces both players to more heavily consider movement and unit placement. 

I'm looking forward to playing with my Gorgon once this pandemic cools off. Might make myself a second one,  as well as a banenlade-variant (plasma or shadowsword) for a 3 superheavy Militia list.

I'm guessing because you can hit your own stuff in the process? Half the fun of templetes/ area dmg in older editions was watching the look of horror on your opponents face as you still shot the pies even though it was very likely it would scatter on your own guys.

*Bane voice* "How safe do you really feel, being close to my units?"

What Mogsam said. The Glaive's Volkite Carronade is 48", and has the Heavy Beam rule which, instead of placing a template, hits every single target (friend and foe) in the path of the beam, which is 1" wide. Strength 8, AP2 and the Deflagrate rule means most marine units flat-out evaporate from the thing, and while the Haywire rule means Tanks don't fare much better. Transports don't fare well either, their occupants suffering D6 S4 Deflagrate hits. Superheavies, Gargantuan creatures and Buildings block the beam, but receive 1+D3 hits.

Oh, and it also has Ignores Cover so you can park it behind ruins and such.

TL;DR: Whatever is in front of the Carronade is going to have one hell of a bad time. And I really, really want one laugh.png

Edited by Gederas, 27 May 2020 - 01:43 PM.

• Altis likes this

Altis

Altis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,642 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Damn I knew I should've got a Glaive not a Falchion!

Iron within!

gallery_48988_15465_12417.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.pnggallery_48988_15465_20603.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.pnggallery_48988_15808_13455.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,431 posts

Damn I knew I should've got a Glaive not a Falchion!

I mean... My goal is to get all three for my Dark Angels. Because I love tanks, and Sabaton said it best in four of their songs:

Through fire and brimstone
Breaking away, coming your way

Standing in the line of fire
32 will lead the way
Coming over trench and wire
Going through the endless grey

Pushing the frontline forth with a tremendous force
(Far ahead, breaks resistance)
Breaching the way for panzer corps
(Shows no fear, self-subsistent)
First in the line of fire, first into hostile land
Tanks leading the way, claiming the fame

Tanks line up in thousands as far the eye can see
Ready for the onslaught
Ready for the fight

Thousands of tons of armour and guns
Making it’s way through the sand
Our panzer battalion is back for revenge
Artillery sweeping the land

First strike is ours, no mercy is shown
There’s rivers of blood in our track
Breaking their waves of defence with our tanks
Infantry watching our back

Tanks are cool, the rules for them are fun in Warhammer... And I am an unrepentant treadhead laugh.png

Edited by Gederas, 27 May 2020 - 03:43 PM.

• Altis likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 30k, horus heresy, superheavy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users