Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necrons Leak - New Necron Models

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

TootiusNootius

TootiusNootius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 107 posts
  • Faction: Admech and Necrons

Those new models look great in silver... Cannot wait to get my grubby mits on them.

Spoiler

++Been powering through my backlog in anticipation - Not planning on changing the scheme - Cue Terminator theme++

• AenarIT likes this

++01010000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000++

XbyD1Ew.png?1

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

Oh dayum. Daaaaaaayum. I do like the change to the bronze scheme, but this soothes my inner 3rd edition fan

You know I have the "ancient" theme from the 3rd ed book on my necrons.  Adding more advanced painting techniques to the necrons they look really sharp.  I really like that GW shifted away from the overly bright style of shiny metal or turquoise. 

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 243 posts
Anyone know the scale difference if any of the Necron Warriors models? I was assuming they are little taller?

Edited by rookie40K, 28 May 2020 - 06:33 PM.

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 619 posts

Anyone know the scale difference if any of the Necron Warriors models? I was assuming they are little taller?

indeed, knowing what the scale creep is going to look like is important for anybody who already has Necrons(or wants to stalk up on old ones for visual variety in a larger army)

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,286 posts

Oh I'll be hanging on to my 3 monoliths, I'll just be adding one more with the new weapons as like a leader monolith.

Be sure to put a red stripe on it.
  • mithrilforge and Dark Shepherd like this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Oh I'll be hanging on to my 3 monoliths, I'll just be adding one more with the new weapons as like a leader monolith.

Like a Lieutenant Monolith perhaps … stripes will be needed laugh.png

Mithril

• Boyadventurer and WandererTheta like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Plague _Lord

Plague _Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 280 posts
  • Faction: CSM

Did they say when they'll be announcing the winners of the lottery?

Armies:

40k: Deathguard, Steel Legion, Word Bearers, Space wolves, Necrons

WFB: Night goblins, Empire, Dark Elves

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,163 posts

Did they say when they'll be announcing the winners of the lottery?

July
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,168 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Rise of the Skorpekh Destroyer:

B4qg3Im6Q9xOUt0T.jpg

First up, with a name like Skorpekh Destroyer, it clearly hails from the Destroyer Cult, meaning it has… let’s just say ‘anger management issues.’* However, unlike the more familiar Destroyers and Heavy Destroyers, which favour annihilating their prey from afar, Skorpekh Destroyers like to reap them up close and personal with murderous sweeps of their enormous blades.

v7SoG3p1WS5t5Tov.jpg

In fact, they like reaping so much that their fearsome weapons are even called hyperphase reap-blades! These weapons are not to be taken lightly, either – check out their horrifically powerful profile.

aJ7M2fX7wQ6hyJ5i.jpg

No wonder we saw one cutting down a Space Marine in the trailer – one hit from this weapon could even chop a mighty warrior of the Adeptus Custodes in half! The Battle Sister being hunted by the first Skorpekh clearly passed the 6+ invulnerable for her Shield of Faith!

What’s more, as one would expect from a Destroyer, the Skorpekh is tough, yet despite not drifting into battle like its kin, it’s still wickedly fast as it skitters forwards. A unit of them promises to be a very intimidating prospect indeed…

fC0Wr32oJe2Nr1S9.jpg

Wait, what’s that? Some different weapons?! Yep! However, you’ll have to wait a bit longer to find out more about these nasty-looking options. Until then, let us know what you think of this menacing new addition to the Necron line-up on our Warhammer 40,000 Facebook group.

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,396 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Savage! Thats a terrifying weapon alright, i didnt notice they were bonded to their arms though, which should work fine with the choppy variant but a two handed blade like that usaully means a lot of hand movement and grip shifting.

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 814 posts

So, first official identification  and it seems that there is (maybe) a unit of 3 like the image above in the necron half of the starter box (according to the greenish pics of the leaks).

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 822 posts
Well the twitch episode they did was disappointing. Literally 29 mins of filler with 1 decent question answered. They did hint that there are more destroyers on the way

Edited by Subtleknife, 01 June 2020 - 02:40 PM.

Knight Artorias

Knight Artorias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Flat damage 3, they look pretty tasty. 

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,420 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Oh well assault Centurions had their day.
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 342 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

Oh well assault Centurions had their day.

Centurions have 4 wounds though, it's more an anti-Gravis weapon.
Really beautiful models though, I hope their max unit size is at least 6 or 9.

• Vanger likes this

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,614 posts

These look even better close up.  Hopefully they are actually fast enough to get into assault, and "wickedly fast" doesn't mean like 8" or something.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,163 posts
They're tasty, just hoping that they're pointed appropriately...

(Love the models!)

Edited by 01RTB01, 01 June 2020 - 05:11 PM.

Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Chronos1985

Chronos1985

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I'm very happy for you Necron players, these models will be beautiful to play against. I'm very impressed all around so far for your release.

• battle captain corpus, balordazul, 01RTB01 and 2 others like this

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,841 posts
  • Faction: Sanguinary Crusaders
So I love the three legs, but out of purely scientific curiosity, does a third leg add anything beyond stability for shooting, which they don’t do?

I guess it makes them harder to knock over?

Edited by Arkangilos, 02 June 2020 - 01:47 AM.

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts

I'm going to guess the stats given are for the 2 handed version of the Reap Blade... wonder what the 2 bladed ones are going to be like... less AP but more attacks perhaps?...

They do look stunning and i'm sure I will be getting a few...biggrin.png

Mithril

++EDIT++ and for the record...My Gaming Buddie's Sisters are not going to get away from my Skorpekh destroyers as easily as the one in the video does... devil.gif

Edited by mithrilforge, 02 June 2020 - 04:53 AM.

• 01RTB01 likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,415 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

I just hope that the kit will have enough components to kit out the whole unit uniformally.

Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts

I just hope that the kit will have enough components to kit out the whole unit uniformally.

Woah Woah Woah there.... laugh.png  This is GW... you may need several boxes to make a full unit with the same loadout …(yes i'm looking at Drukhari Scourges and several other boxes...dry.png )

But i'll still cross my fingers that GW has thought to include ALL weapon variants... sweat.gif

Mithril

• Juggernut and SufficientAnonymity like this

Bonzi

Bonzi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 773 posts

In the multipart kit maybe. In the ETB starter box I think what you see is what you get. The ETB version is likely all we will get for awhile until they break the kits out.

Xeno

Necrons

Imperium

Astra/Tempestus Militarum - Vostroyans

Blood Angels - Hands of Sacrifice

Traitor Legions

Emperors Children - Making Noise Marines Scream

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 814 posts

According to the green picture, it seems that we exactly got in the starter box a set like in the picture below. If you want a unit of 3 two handed weapon guys, you have to buy 3 starters...

fC0Wr32oJe2Nr1S9.jpg

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,410 posts

They'd all have the same pose too. So you'd likely be better to wait for the indiviual kit that's bound to come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users