Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necrons Leak - New Necron Models

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

Rizara

Rizara

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

they also said they were going to be crazy fast but they only got a movement of 8", not exactly crazy fast even if they advance and charge.    So they could have just chosen to not mention that -1 to hit with the juicy new +2 str, ap -4, dmg 3 blades they wanted to show off.  

gallery_45765_12339_49118.pnggallery_48988_15465_3354.pnggallery_45765_12339_7181.png

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 441 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
I mean movement 8” is definitely respectable in an army that is otherwise fairly slow and mid-ranged.
  • Black Blow Fly, battle captain corpus, Iron Father Imeran Byon and 1 other like this

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

For heavy / monstrous infantry 8" plus advance and charge is fairly big and fast for a multi wound model.  What is that a max 26" threat range or did I do the math wrong?

• 01RTB01 and quasistellar like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,041 posts
Yup, 8" may not seem much but you're covering tasty amounts of ground and with minimum board sizes shrinking they'll do a job I'm sure.

Handy the marines have large shields to defend against them ;)

Really, really excited...

The box assuming contents, should provide two interesting sides. I'll be training the wife using it :)
  • Black Blow Fly and balordazul like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,235 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech
If that’s as you say and it is 26” then That’s a Potential first turn assault ... ;-)
I’d like some of those stats to be right, when I saw that line Immortal from the leaked box pic I thought perhaps they had thought of having an Immortal as a squad leader for Warriors... this backs up my theory and I hope it’s right... I have a single Unpainted gauss blaster Immortal sitting in my painting cabinet Next to 20 unpainted warriors !... Fingers Crossed !!

Cheers, Mithril
  • balordazul likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

I'll be training the wife using it smile.png

That is a great idea with all the social distancing.  I wife has some pink / purple and glitter cron with a ghost ark party boat.  She likes the 15 min narrative /rpg game but my three your old loves her some cultist.  Either way the box set looks great and seems like you might be getting a lot of cool models in it.  

• 01RTB01 likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,008 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Bit skeptical - I would have expected WHC to have mentioned that the hyperphase reap-blade had -1 to hit when it was previewed.

• balordazul likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 671 posts
I’ve got the salt. But I’m loving the hype train.

This actually seems to cover all the leaked box set models, which is surprising. No random sounding unit.

If that giant spindly walker gets those rules and it’s priced cheap, hot dog! All the auras! Standing next to a cryptek he’d boost those auras further then the cryptek!

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 396 posts

I really want the rules on that hopefully overlord with the glowy fist weapon. I'm hoping for new gauntlet of flame rules. 

• balordazul likes this

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

I’ve just seen these rumoured rules in addition to those of the Silent King. I have no idea if their legitimacy, as soon as I find the Silent King ones from a different source, I’ll share them here.
Let’s just say that he appears to be an autoinclude with some bonkers rules and only 340 points.

EDIT: I can’t find another source. I’ll throw this SK leak here with a ton of salt.

SILENT KING
2 Pillars each have a tesla sphere, and can cast 1 ctan power each. Otherwise have their own statlines and can intercept shots at SK. BS3, T6, 8w, 4++

Silent king has:
M10, WS2, BS2, S7, T7, W16, A4, LD10 3+/4++

Didnt get much on his weapons, all I got was "has two profiles, for shooting and combat. Deals mortal wounds on 6s to wound"

Auras:
- Grants reroll 1s to hit and wound with ranged attacks for infantry
- fearless aura
- +1 to reanimation protocal aura, or you may reroll 1s, chosen before RP are rolled
- heals d3 wounds each turn per pillar alive.
Also grants an additional command point at the beginning of the command phase.
340 points

Edited by AenarIT, 08 June 2020 - 07:13 AM.

• Triszin and NKirkham24 like this

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts
With rules for those pillars he sounds like a classical RPG villain.
  • Sandlemad and balordazul like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,963 posts

I’ve just seen these rumoured rules in addition to those of the Silent King. I have no idea if their legitimacy, as soon as I find the Silent King ones from a different source, I’ll share them here.
Let’s just say that he appears to be an autoinclude with some bonkers rules and only 340 points.

EDIT: I can’t find another source. I’ll throw this SK leak here with a ton of salt.

SILENT KING
2 Pillars each have a tesla sphere, and can cast 1 ctan power each. Otherwise have their own statlines and can intercept shots at SK. BS3, T6, 8w, 4++

Silent king has:
M10, WS2, BS2, S7, T7, W16, A4, LD10 3+/4++

Didnt get much on his weapons, all I got was "has two profiles, for shooting and combat. Deals mortal wounds on 6s to wound"

Auras:
- Grants reroll 1s to hit and wound with ranged attacks for infantry
- fearless aura
- +1 to reanimation protocal aura, or you may reroll 1s, chosen before RP are rolled
- heals d3 wounds each turn per pillar alive.
Also grants an additional command point at the beginning of the command phase.
340 points

honestly, sounds very believable.

and awesome

banana

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

Oh those are neat rules for the silent king.  I do hope he or his faction does something for pretorians.

Knight Artorias

Knight Artorias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
I wonder if they'll do a full reveal of SK at the end of the next livestream.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,595 posts
Those rules would be interesting. If they're true he's definitely an autoinclude unless the Szarekhan dynasty rules are really bad.

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts
Wow those rules for the silent king look awesome...poor old Mortarian is looking even more expensive now lol

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Usual problem: he's tall, hard to hide and dead by turn 1? That was the problem in v8 where almost all big guys were too much targetable T1. Magnus, morty, IK, etc...

I hope that we can do something with the big guys in the v9.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,918 posts

32 Wounds with a 4++ is pretty hard to chew through, though. 

Edited by Xenith, 09 June 2020 - 06:58 AM.

• 01RTB01 likes this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pngXX\

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Only on T7/T6 though, so he should be roughly as durable as one of the Knights. Definitely an improvement but probably not enough against competetive lists that are prepared to take big targets out (Morty, Knights & Co aren't necessarily top tier lists anymore but still somewhat of gatekeepers that punish you if you can't deal one way or another with them).

In less serious games he'd be fine though. However Daemon Primarchs and single Knights are fine in less serious games too anyway. It's not like it's a Gorkanaut for roughly 300p with just T8 W18 and no invul. sweat.gif

Edited by Panzer, 09 June 2020 - 07:34 AM.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,746 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Obscuring terrain will mean it doesn't matter how tall he is.

I wonder how true these are. Looking good so far, but I want to know what that massive Destroyer thing is with the huge gun is. :)

Edited by Captain Idaho, 09 June 2020 - 09:29 AM.

• 01RTB01 likes this
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
32 wounds with a 4++ for under 400 points is pretty crazy.

If the rules are true the SK is probably the most powerful unit in the game. He also has a combination of Guilliman and Abaddon auras as well as massively increasing the durability of units around him.

Edited by Ishagu, 09 June 2020 - 09:37 AM.

-~Ishagu~-

Hantheman

Hantheman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 364 posts

Yeah that's bonkers if true and if auras don't change in 9th, GW really don't get their own game and power spikes.

Edited by Hantheman, 09 June 2020 - 10:21 AM.

• Black Blow Fly and 01RTB01 like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,041 posts
I find it funny that people in the Cron fbook forums are moaning he's not good enough despite him seemingly being amongst the most durable, solid psychics, amazing command effects plus it's own cc abilities...

Do people expect him to have a bazillion wounds for 3 points and Instagib anything he so much as looks at?!

This all said, if the rumours pan out he looks infinitely more solid than his attachment to his base
  • Black Blow Fly likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
Compare a Repulsor. 336 points for 16 wounds with no invul.

It could be possible that characters are going to become cheaper. Or maybe the SK has to pay for the two pillars?

We'll know soon enough either way. If his rules and costs are as shown he is the best unit in the game, comparing him to what currently exists.

Edited by Ishagu, 09 June 2020 - 10:35 AM.

-~Ishagu~-

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 557 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Thousand Sons

The eyebrow has been raised. I am a tad dubious on the rules leak for the destroyers and such. Just a tad.  The name of the Canoptek stalker is the same as the forge world canoptek tomb stalker. Minus the the word "tomb". So it could possibly be a fake, interpreted the name wrong, or that is some lazy naming. 

Edited by Ahzek451, 09 June 2020 - 10:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users