Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necrons Leak - New Necron Models

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

The eyebrow has been raised. I am a tad dubious on the rules leak for the destroyers and such. Just a tad.  The name of the Canoptek stalker is the same as the forge world canoptek tomb stalker. Minus the the word "tomb". So it could possibly be a fake, interpreted the name wrong, or that is some lazy naming. 

Necrons also have the GW Triarch Stalker, so if the leak is real and the name is correct, that might get confusing.

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Thousand Sons

The eyebrow has been raised. I am a tad dubious on the rules leak for the destroyers and such. Just a tad.  The name of the Canoptek stalker is the same as the forge world canoptek tomb stalker. Minus the the word "tomb". So it could possibly be a fake, interpreted the name wrong, or that is some lazy naming. 

Necrons also have the GW Triarch Stalker, so if the leak is real and the name is correct, that might get confusing.

The Canoptek Stalker Stalker. 

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,884 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Or maybe the SK has to pay for the two pillars?

I think that's overwhelmingly likely actually, given that it's almost always the case with other characters who have other models with them; see Ghazkull/Makari, Calgar/Victrix Guard, Celestine/Geminae Superia, Aun'Va/Ethereal Guard. 

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg

Bonzi

Bonzi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts

I find it funny that people in the Cron fbook forums are moaning he's not good enough despite him seemingly being amongst the most durable, solid psychics, amazing command effects plus it's own cc abilities...

Do people expect him to have a bazillion wounds for 3 points and Instagib anything he so much as looks at?!

This all said, if the rumours pan out he looks infinitely more solid than his attachment to his base

Well in the context of the current Necron book, the SK is a buff castle unit in an army that doesn't buff castle well (troops are short ranged and flimsey for their cost). Buffs to reanimation protocols are irrelevant because no tourney Necron lists makes uses of reanimation (its way too easy to broom entire units of 1 wound infantry off the table in this edition). The SK is amazing for his cost in terms of wounds and durability, but his damage output is a big question mark. We know his pillars get two tessla spheres (x7? St 7 ap 0 each) and a pair of Ctan powers (good and reliable mortal wounds generators but somewhat situational depending on powers picked). The end result is he does good buffs on an army that doesn't use infantry castles and her doesn't kick out knight level shooting so he's not a solo beat stick. It leave him in an odd place.

The key to all this though is that we don't know how/if GW us changing Necron points or mechanics. We also don't know how 9th Ed rules are going to change things. We can't really judge this unit at all without the full context of 9th Ed and a new dex for crons.

Xeno

Necrons

Imperium

Astra/Tempestus Militarum - Vostroyans

Blood Angels - Hands of Sacrifice

Traitor Legions

Emperors Children - Making Noise Marines Scream

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts

I find it funny that people in the Cron fbook forums are moaning he's not good enough despite him seemingly being amongst the most durable, solid psychics, amazing command effects plus it's own cc abilities...

Do people expect him to have a bazillion wounds for 3 points and Instagib anything he so much as looks at?!

This all said, if the rumours pan out he looks infinitely more solid than his attachment to his base

Buffs to reanimation protocols are irrelevant because no tourney Necron lists makes uses of reanimation (its way too easy to broom entire units of 1 wound infantry off the table in this edition). 

I wouldn't be so dismissive of buffs to Reanimation Protocols.  Sure, they suck in 8th edition core rules + 8th Necron codex, but I think it's safe to say Necrons will be the 1st (or 2nd) codex released, and the core rule changes to game sizes and terrain could have significant impact by themselves.

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

Hmm if destroyers are being redone I wonder if we are going to see a third weapon option either a particle weapon or a Tesla Destructor? Alternatively if we are getting a new hover destroyer lord or he is going to legends.

We can see the monolith has what seems to be tesla spheres as a weapon option now.

Iron Father Imeran Byon

Iron Father Imeran Byon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Hmm if destroyers are being redone I wonder if we are going to see a third weapon option either a particle weapon or a Tesla Destructor? Alternatively if we are getting a new hover destroyer lord or he is going to legends.

We can see the monolith has what seems to be tesla spheres as a weapon option now.

They look more like small versions of the Doom Scythe's Death Ray.

• Nemesor Tyriks likes this

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

Oh good point that might be interesting if they had a hard hitting short range attack.

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 382 posts

Monoliths shooting into combat with all those guns sounds fun. 

• mithrilforge likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,159 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

With 9th Ed looming and a new Codex hopefully around the corner... we cannot really Guess how well the Silent King will be just yet... Who knows, we might get rules that buff something like a "Moving Castle" perhaps ?!… I'm still really pumped and psyched for 9th Ed and a resurgence of my Beloved First army wub.gif , I can't speak for Tournament play but for games with my mates this is just the best thing to happen for my 40k gaming for a good while...

Roll on Sunday and the unboxing preview biggrin.png

Cheers, Mithril

• battle captain corpus and 01RTB01 like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,919 posts

With

9th Ed

looming and

a new Codex

hopefully around the corner... we cannot really Guess how well the Silent King will be just yet... Who knows, we might get rules that buff something like a "Moving Castle" perhaps ?!… I'm still really pumped and psyched for 9th Ed and a resurgence of my Beloved First army wub.gif , I can't speak for Tournament play but for games with my mates this is just the best thing to happen for my 40k gaming for a good while...

Roll on Sunday and the unboxing preview biggrin.png

Cheers, Mithril

Amen! Totally agree. Necrons may not be my first love but I'm hyped for the unboxing.

I'd love it if monoliths were viable in 9th. They're such an iconic necron unit. We can but hope eh?
  • mithrilforge and balordazul like this

RA-sig.jpg

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,159 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Amen! Totally agree. Necrons may not be my first love but I'm hyped for the unboxing.

I'd love it if monoliths were viable in 9th. They're such an iconic necron unit. We can but hope eh?

@ 01RTB01 & Hathor42 - Yes I want to be able to repaint my Monolith and be able to put it on the table and have it Looming over the battlefield and have my opponent concerned and worried instead of just laughing at it ermm.gif ..

Judging from the leaked pics of the (assumed) different versions of Monoliths it does look promising sweat.gif  

Cheers, Mithril

• battle captain corpus and balordazul like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,828 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

I'm...not getting my Flayers am I...

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,919 posts

I'm...not getting my Flayers am I...

I wouldn't assume anything yet.

We've seen a couple of pics and the marine atv and turret we're genuine surprises today.

Don't panic just yet :)
  • Scribe likes this

RA-sig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users