Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necrons Leak - New Necron Models

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,594 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

Am i the only thinking that the monoliths are different than the ones we have now?

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,200 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

I agree, on the steam they have just shown a new necron warrior so they may have re-done some of the other units as well.

• Dont-Be-Haten likes this

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

nEYzqDW.jpg

They now come with a second kind of weapon (gauss reapers) that are supposedly more powerful/shorter range.

Also,seems the design is meant to bring basic warriors back toward a more "zombie-like" idea

And the color is meant to represent a new dynasty they haven't mentioned yet (clearly Szarek related according to what we know from rumors but they wont say yet)

Edited by Fenriwolf, 23 May 2020 - 01:01 PM.

• Firedrake Cordova, Warhead01, mithrilforge and 5 others like this

Tyr13

Tyr13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts
  • Faction: IH, SLoA, Agripinaa

Not a huge fan of the busted look tbh... Good thing I dont really need more warriors. (or well... at most a couple of reapers, if the rules are good... <.<)

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 349 posts

Not a huge fan of the busted look tbh... Good thing I dont really need more warriors. (or well... at most a couple of reapers, if the rules are good... <.<)

oh, i kinda like the new ones. I may have to get some crons now

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 622 posts
  • Faction: Templars, SoBs, Custodes

If they go with a progressively "less busted" scale up to the more important models it could work really well

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

If they go with a progressively "less busted" scale up to the more important models it could work really well

They mentioned that the overlords don't really bother caring all that much for the common warrior maintenance.

You can take that either at face value or as a joke,no way to know for sure as of now

Edited by Fenriwolf, 23 May 2020 - 01:16 PM.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,580 posts

Am i the only thinking that the monoliths are different than the ones we have now?

They are definitely different.

oh, i kinda like the new ones. I may have to get some crons now

Yeah, I've been adding battle damage to my warriors with a knife so this is perfect for me

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,594 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

No more of the neon green sticks huh?

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

Tyr13

Tyr13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts

They mentioned that the overlords don't really bother caring all that much for the common warrior maintenance.

You can take that either at face value or as a joke,no way to know for sure as of now

I mean, they dont, but it still feels off that a species thats survived 60 million years would look like that... theyre still supposed to self repair almost instantly. Yeah, warriors are the least sophisticated among the necrons, but still...

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,768 posts
  • Faction: Sanguinary Crusaders
I love the new necrons, but anyone else think that with the bronze and more torn up look they look more like the robot from the Stallone Judge Dread movie?
  • Brother Lemartes likes this

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

I mean, they dont, but it still feels off that a species thats survived 60 million years would look like that... theyre still supposed to self repair almost instantly. Yeah, warriors are the least sophisticated among the necrons, but still...

Tbf, we have alot of books where we see that the vaults are hardly perfect and that alot of the warrior vaults in particular tend to suffer spectacularly from it (namely that the Necrons didnt account for things like plate tectonics). 

The inner courts tend to be buried in the farthest depths of the tombs so they are naturally in a better shape.

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,041 posts

I don't think that's Szeras, I can't see the swirlydoo of blood, the blackstone donut, or his big stabby cane across his body poking down into the guy. This one seems to be the four legged dude on the Codex cover.

I think you're right there. I hadn't seen the Codex picture when I made those annotations.

Im thinking Silent King. The floating standards for one thing remind me of the roman fasci things and he was the last of the triarchy, so it would track.

Assuming you're replying to the post above yours? Szeras is who DeadFingers is referencing, the guy in the middle of the picture. Szarekh is the Silent King, on the top right of the picture. So we're making the same guess about the Silent King there :).

Well, we're assuming it's a Monolith and not something completely new. But yes, it's 100% different.

Tyr13

Tyr13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts

I posted this in the Amicus Aedes thread, but it was mostly overshadowed by Marine stuff. Maybe it'll be more useful here.

gallery_61651_8632_26638.jpg

I don't think that's Szeras, I can't see the swirlydoo of blood, the blackstone donut, or his big stabby cane across his body poking down into the guy. This one seems to be the four legged dude on the Codex cover.

The new edition trailer does show two new units... a tripod CC-cron, and what looks like a charcter version of them. Probably a new destroyer variant?

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

I mean,entropy is still a thing,as Nurgle would remember us all. if they aren't mantained,it's quite believable even their self repair would fail over million of years

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

Project-Scarlet-Faction-image-Necrons-2.

From the new site

Edited by Fenriwolf, 23 May 2020 - 01:55 PM.

• Marshal Loss, DeadFingers, Hellex_The_Thanatar and 1 other like this

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

Asd,they closed the show by showing bit of the "throne" in details but not giving out the full image

Seems it includes at least one "priest-like" attendant and a c'tan shard being syphoned for power

Edited by Fenriwolf, 23 May 2020 - 01:58 PM.

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts

Not showing the silent king after hyping him up is an... interesting decision.

• Triszin likes this

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,865 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
The Silent King's transport appears to be powered by a C'tan shard - that's wicked awesome!
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,178 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

At long last, new Necron warriors! Fantastic new Necron warriors at that! And they look like they actually fit on their bases too!

Not convinced by the three-legged character, something's a bit off with him, could be the camera angle though. I'll reserve judgement.

A new Monolith makes me very happy indeed but there are things about the old one I preferred, notably the more...I dunno, "monolithic" look it had. This one looks cool (from the tiny pic we have) but it looks a bit...busy? Still, could be the paintjob/appalling photo quality.

Now give us good Flayed Ones and all will be forgiven.

• Firedrake Cordova likes this

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

Makes sure necron players will tune for future showing.

It's a smart move in that sense

Edited by Fenriwolf, 23 May 2020 - 02:00 PM.

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,357 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore
Goddamn this is an all around win for me - even the snippets of Szarekh look amazing.
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts

Leaks were better than the show funnily enough.

Bright side! These are some really good leaks

• Scribe and Hooj like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,795 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

They did a similar thing with Mortarion back in 2017

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts

They did a similar thing with Mortarion back in 2017

I was kind of hoping that they would improve, granted I am sure that he will sell fantastically either way, still isnt fun to have your chain yanked.

Hard to be too negative though, the leaks left me way too excited for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users