Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Primaris Space Marines: model renders leak

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
780 replies to this topic

SydonianDragoon404

SydonianDragoon404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts

What tips me off to it being fake is the 2+ armor save. The first place I saw this picture before anywhere else is /tg/ in a thread specifically for making fun of the Judicar. 

• Volt likes this

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,906 posts

I find it interesting that the Gravis with melta weapons are so different in posing to the Aggressors. The weapons don't look integrated and there's no evidence of dedicated close combat weapons. I think this may 'confirm' that Aggressors are more like close support terminators (high fire output, powerfists) and the new unit is Gravis as a way to mitigate the shorter range of melta weapons (24" for multimelta compared to 36"/48" for other heavy weapons).

Just based off unit name, I don't we're going to see Suppressors with anything other than the autocannon as that's what gives them the Suppressor rule. Depending on what the new melta's range is, I'm curious about is why the new Gravis unit were conceived as footsloggers instead of having Inceptor style flight packs. In some way that would complete the weapon trifecta for Inceptors: anti-infantry (assault bolters), versatile (plasma), anti-tank (melta).

gallery_48988_15094_2398.png sml_gallery_48988_11572_4589.png

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

Paturabo

Paturabo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts

They said that in the article where they showed the Assault Intercessors too. People just started trying to create a new class of Heavy Bolt Pistol for them because it's a different design than the Reiver one.

Fair enough; I missed that - just saw the speculation here.
I tried stemming that speculation by pointing it out, but I'm used to being ignored.

Considering Bolt Pistols and Boltguns has been modeled with dozen different patterns over the years (including a Bolt Pistol pattern for Intercessors) it's more than plausible that the Heavy Bolt Pistols issued to Reivers would be a different pattern than the one issued to Assault Intercessors.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,081 posts
The thing I don't understand is how some posters elsewhere are so defensive about sharing something that was blatantly fake...
  • War Angel likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

Considering Bolt Pistols and Boltguns has been modeled with dozen different patterns over the years (including a Bolt Pistol pattern for Intercessors) it's more than plausible that the Heavy Bolt Pistols issued to Reivers would be a different pattern than the one issued to Assault Intercessors.

On one hand, yes... on the other, I suppose what may be throwing people off is that supposedly Primaris were supposed to be standardized, which then would mean no unnecessary pattern variations.

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,252 posts
Yeah I was basically making the same point that in all likely hoods the difference between the heavy bolt pistols that Assault Intercessors have and the on Reivers have is purely aesthetic.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

On one hand, yes... on the other, I suppose what may be throwing people off is that supposedly Primaris were supposed to be standardized, which then would mean no unnecessary pattern variations.

Cawl's Primaris were standardized. It's been 200 years and they've been upgrading Firstborn for some time now. Standardization is dead.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,252 posts

Cawl's Primaris were standardized. It's been 200 years and they've been upgrading Firstborn for some time now. Standardization is dead.
So it should be IMHO.there were differences in First Born wargear based on age and which Forgeworld they’re being produced. Cawl and Guilliman’s Primaris initiative is all about innovation, for better or worse from a fluff perspective, so weapons would constantly be being tweaked and re-engineered to make them more efficient. Add to that the fact that wargear is produc d on different Forgeworlds as I mentioned and it only seems natural that there’d be variations of what is otherwise the same wargear, even more so than what was the case with First Born Astartes.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants, 28 May 2020 - 02:16 PM.

gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,328 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

The thing I don't understand is how some posters elsewhere are so defensive about sharing something that was blatantly fake...

Because it was a blatant attempt to fuel the fire of Primaris Haters and stir people up, which is something B&C tries to nip in the bud .... so we should all just move along. Maybe take that discussion to the Amicus Aedes or one of the Rules forums?

Jaxom makes an interesting point in that the Gravis (Hellfuries? I never saw confirmation of that name being official) have a very different armor/weaponry pattern when compared to Inceptors and Aggressors. I would have been all in on jumpie twin melta grav dudes .... or twin melta powerfist grav dudes. I know it's always said "model then rules" but there's no way there isn't some back and forth on that before a product design is locked in. Maybe it's designed to keep the point cost down? 

Edited by Dracos, 28 May 2020 - 02:25 PM.

• Shinespider and Reough like this
Hope is a moment now long past, the Shadow of Death is the one I cast

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.pnggallery_48988_10069_135.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9eRaven Guard : 9 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

Morovir

Morovir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 688 posts
As I said in my previous post, the bolt carbines for Reivers were already different from those on Lazarus and the Primaris Battle Leader, so there's precedence.

ETL_2015_Banner_03d_Primus_Inter_Pares.jETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,906 posts

Yeah I was basically making the same point that in all likely hoods the difference between the heavy bolt pistols that Assault Intercessors have and the on Reivers have is purely aesthetic.

I don't recall off hand if the Reiver's pistols are supposed to be suppressed or use sub-sonic rounds as part of their stealth schtick; if so, that could explain the minor differences.

Because it was a blatant attempt to fuel the fire of Primaris Haters and stir people up, which is something B&C tries to nip in the bud .... so we should all just move along. Maybe take that discussion to the Amicus Aedes or one of the Rules forums?

Jaxom makes an interesting point in that the Gravis (Hellfuries? I never saw confirmation of that name being official) have a very different armor/weaponry pattern when compared to Inceptors and Aggressors. I would have been all in on jumpie twin melta grav dudes .... or twin melta powerfist grav dudes. I know it's always said "model then rules" but there's no way there isn't some back and forth on that before a product design is locked in. Maybe it's designed to keep the point cost down? 

Very true, plus the models are based on a concept by the mini designers. There's a mental image of what the thing does which informs its physical model. Personally, I think Gravis marines in profile, holding weapons like they were bolters, makes for a particularly poor silhouette and isn't very evocative. I'd like to think there's more to it that we just don't know about yet.

• Captain Smashy Pants likes this

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,252 posts

I don't recall off hand if the Reiver's pistols are supposed to be suppressed or use sub-sonic rounds as part of their stealth schtick; if so, that could explain the minor differences.

Very true, plus the models are based on a concept by the mini designers. There's a mental image of what the thing does which informs its physical model. Personally, I think Gravis marines in profile, holding weapons like they were bolters, makes for a particularly poor silhouette and isn't very evocative. I'd like to think there's more to it that we just don't know about yet.

Funny how we all find different things appealing. I love the new Hellfurries and absolutely hate Agressors.
  • Dracos and Juggernut like this

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,906 posts
Indeed, but it’s specifically the profile silhouette that’s getting to me; I’d love to see them at different angles. Similarly I don’t like Aggressors if they’re just walking; but I love them in action poses.

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,552 posts

Indeed, but it’s specifically the profile silhouette that’s getting to me; I’d love to see them at different angles. Similarly I don’t like Aggressors if they’re just walking; but I love them in action poses.

I agree exactly. This is what I wish my Aggressors could look like https://vignette.wik...=20171223050500
  • jaxom and Dracos like this

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

Yep, but in IRL terms not everyone may be up to speed. Hell, I myself only just realized a few months ago how far in time the lore has already moved, and I certainly don't know everything that's happened in that time. In fact, I don't know MOST of what's happened in that time. Pretty much last I knew, warp rift and Cadia blew up, even even then I haven't read the accompanying books to know the full story.

• Juggernut likes this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

Yep, but in IRL terms not everyone may be up to speed. Hell, I myself only just realized a few months ago how far in time the lore has already moved, and I certainly don't know everything that's happened in that time. In fact, I don't know MOST of what's happened in that time. Pretty much last I knew, warp rift and Cadia blew up, even even then I haven't read the accompanying books to know the full story.
Fair. Heck, even 30k lore has made changes that ripple forward. We're now back to human scientists and not the Emperor being in charge of the Astartes project.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,907 posts
The issue is Cawl singlehandedly doing it.
It's a bit absurd. People have been hunted and executed for lesser sins.

A change this big in scope should have been the work of a cadre of genius, not an old brain pokemon hunter.

But alas, what's done is done.
Are my astartes chainswords here yet?

Edited by Sete, 28 May 2020 - 06:17 PM.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,330 posts

cawl is a cadre of genius though. how many brains he got?

• RikuEru likes this

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 236 posts
Is it actually confirmed yet that Cawl never received the blessings from the Emperor at any point to move forward with the Primaris project? Or from Emperor to Guilliman to Cawl? Not sure Black Library is done fleshing everything out. Give it time brothers. It may not satisfy everyone, but hopefully it will ease the pain to some degree for those butt hurt over everything.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

The issue is Cawl singlehandedly doing it.
It's a bit absurd. People have been hunted and executed for lesser sins.

Geneseed manipulation has always been prevelant in the lore though and considering the time scale of 10k years it isn't that unlikely for the brain stealing hivemind that Cawl has become.

Sadly no new info -yet-. I eagerly await more info myself.
  • RikuEru likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,287 posts

I agree exactly. This is what I wish my Aggressors could look like https://vignette.wik...=20171223050500

The art looks so much better than the models in this case!
  • Juggernut likes this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,330 posts

the models of the agressors are pretty weak and awkward in posing - all they need to do is raise their name arms. That Blood Angel one Lemondish posted along side this Space Wolf one is pretty instructional: https://www.artstati.../artwork/JllQEA

edit: Or this one of a gravis captain: https://warhammerart...-gravis-armour/

Edited by Wispy, 28 May 2020 - 06:58 PM.

• mel_danes likes this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts

the models of the agressors are pretty weak and awkward in posing - all they need to do is raise their name arms. That Blood Angel one Lemondish posted along side this Space Wolf one is pretty instructional: https://www.artstati.../artwork/JllQEA

edit: Or this one of a gravis captain: https://warhammerart...-gravis-armour/

I spent ages converting mine but recently I heard that others have used either bass guitar wire or cable ties to replace the ammo feeds. They look much better in a firing pose.

The melta guys do seem quite different to the previous gravis though. If they have move and fire that could well offset any melta range issues.I had been hoping for shoulder mounted weapon variants.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,552 posts

the models of the agressors are pretty weak and awkward in posing - all they need to do is raise their name arms. That Blood Angel one Lemondish posted along side this Space Wolf one is pretty instructional: https://www.artstati.../artwork/JllQEA

edit: Or this one of a gravis captain: https://warhammerart...-gravis-armour/

I spent ages converting mine but recently I heard that others have used either bass guitar wire or cable ties to replace the ammo feeds. They look much better in a firing pose.

The melta guys do seem quite different to the previous gravis though. If they have move and fire that could well offset any melta range issues.I had been hoping for shoulder mounted weapon variants.
I found something epic that I'm going to try and use very soon here: https://www.zinge.co...nked-block-sets

I have some on the way to test.

Which will work great for adjusting these bikes as well if you want longer feeds.

Edited by Lemondish, 28 May 2020 - 09:03 PM.

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,362 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Cawl remembers getting permission from the big E, but for spoilery reasons that may or may not be literally true, given that he is a one body team of geniuses and has actual teams working underneath him i dont think hes done anything particularly impressive, literally everything Primaris is just an iteration of existing tech and the vast majority of it is 10k years work, i mean really there should be more :P 

Something id like to see going forward are some OG Primaris recruited between the Second founding and modern day, to get some more unique perspectives on things and historical events. Logically he got so many by constantly trickling them in over the years after all.

• Felix Antipodes, Mechanicus Tech-Support and Brother Adelard like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users