Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Primaris Space Marines: model renders leak

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
780 replies to this topic

Dam13n

Dam13n

++ CÆLATOR ALTRICES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,476 posts
  • Faction: The Scions
Well Primaris did need something other than Bolt and Plasma. Volkite is a good addition IMHO.

Edited by Dam13n, 23 May 2020 - 01:55 PM.

1s=heretical

1s=heretical

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts
Calling it, shield marines are going to be the veteran replacements

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,204 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

is that a choomchoom

It really does look like it. Guess Volkites are back in the Space Marine Armoury.

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,328 posts

Other chapters can pretend those guys are for them. They can pretend. And we can nod and smile and assure them "Sure they are." But we know those guys are meant to wear the black msn-wink.gif

I was going to reply and say "Those are cool but they are over-codexy and I can't make them Space Wolves."

certainty going to kitbash my own, though, using the assault intercessors and space wolves bits.

• Triszin likes this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,834 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Notice only three armies are highlighted there? Sisters, Crons and Space Marines, reckon we know the new starter contents?

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,287 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

yep

Project-Scarlet-Faction-image-Space-Mari

Also,want to feed some conspiracies?

The link for that image

https://warhammer400...ploads/2020/05/

I predicted that!
NICE!

Also, thanks to bluntblade, I now want a Primaris Unit with some kind of Blitz-Gun.
Think Shotgun with Lightning Shots. Or maybe something Volkite-ish.
And then give them some form of Breacher Shield.

• War Angel likes this

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,328 posts

well, if not for those render leaks this wouldn't have been getting up at 5:45 am for 

back to bed

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts
Pathetic, wasn't it. "Biggest prieveiw ever" holds up to the hype, as usual. The leaks did a better job and I'd be a lot more disgusted with the preview if we hadn't had leaks before it :P.

Six and a half models (5 of which were just one unit), a novel, some vague rules hints and a lot of talk that amounted to nothing. They did a roundup of the roundup!. I did enjoy the trailer though.

On a more positive note, at least there's lots of stuff coming over the next few weeks.

Edited by Dam13n, 23 May 2020 - 02:02 PM.
Removed quoted non-constructive post.

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 687 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

Gotta admit, the leaks were far more worthwhile and hype-inducing than the actual show.

Bright side, the leaks were really good.

• zarkkarn likes this

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Volkite actually makes a lot of sense. Cawl would have the ability to mass produce such weapons, and his forges are the source for much of the wargear.

-~Ishagu~-

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,707 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Well After all of that I can honestly say I’ve never been more disappointed by a reveal. At least the other three showed MODELS. Spending an hour talking about rules is not a preview.
  • Centurion Jay, Volt and Red_Shift like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

I mean, I'm not one to be overly negative about stuff. But this was... not good. Community team really needs to get their stuff together on these shows and not dripfeed them. If we got all the stuff in the past few previews in one big 2 hour show, the internet would exploded with how awesome it was. Now everyone is going: is that it? Really? Meh.

Also announcements of coming announcements is really not the way to go.

Edited by matcap86, 23 May 2020 - 02:03 PM.

Gongsun Zan

Gongsun Zan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts

I really like the design of this model - I like that they haven't abandoned the medieval aesthetic in favor of more tacti-cool Primaris stuff. I also find it interesting that its gotten a more weathered paintjob as compared to most other Primaris stuff.  

• Centurion Jay and StrangerOrders like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,369 posts

The stream itself was worthless. The things they showed were good, but oh boy were they not enough. The leaks actually saved the afternoon.

• fire golem and Volt like this

Dam13n

Dam13n

++ CÆLATOR ALTRICES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,476 posts
  • Faction: The Scions

Spending an hour talking about rules is not a preview.

Actually it is, it's a rules preview. Not everything has to be about models. A new edition of the game means new rules. Giving people a preview of those new rules is just as valid as showing off new models.

Edited by Dam13n, 23 May 2020 - 02:05 PM.

• jaxom, Felix Antipodes, mel_danes and 17 others like this

alfred_the_great

alfred_the_great

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts
Today simply shows that you can't please the internet.
  • Focslain, andes, 6262 and 15 others like this

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts

Gotta admit, the leaks were far more worthwhile and hype-inducing than the actual show.

Bright side, the leaks were really good.

For Primaris, the leaks were fantastic. For Necrons ... they were more, grainy.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,328 posts

I mean, I'm not one to be overly negative about stuff. But this was... not good. Community team really needs to get their stuff together on these shows and not dripfeed them. If we got all the stuff in the past few previews in one big 2 hour show, the internet would exploded with how awesome it was. Now everyone is going: is that it? Really? Meh.

well, it's not the community team's fault there was a global pandemic. This and a lot more was supposed to be revealed at Warhammer fest.

Edited by Wispy, 23 May 2020 - 02:06 PM.

• Gumo9, Son of Carnelian and Dark Shepherd like this

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 439 posts

Other chapters can pretend those guys are for them. They can pretend. And we can nod and smile and assure them "Sure they are." But we know those guys are meant to wear the black msn-wink.gif

The black of the sons of corax, right?

• Dracos, Timberley and Shadow Captain Nykona like this

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence; Scion of Albion; Baron of Camelot; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon; Emissary of Szarekh.

Victorus aut Mortis

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights, Adeptus Custodes

Not going to lie, very disappointed with that reveal. I was expecting something big - return of another primarch, more troop choices for the GK. But this was.. yeah. Hopefully there will be another date announced with more reveals - however seeing

Spoiler

was pretty cool.   

Edited by Skywrath, 23 May 2020 - 02:09 PM.

7DtmK1a.pnge2ZWJbt.pngt44uaS0.pngIJKynoL.pngtFMKXdu.pngAhRNilX.png

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 738 posts

“Biggest reveal ever!!!!!!!!”

- two models shown.

I suspect it is in fact possible to please the internet, though this is an example of how to not be so pleasing.
  • Slayer le Boucher and grailkeeper like this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,968 posts

I never get hyped but I personally think what I saw was worth the wait, I'm having to totally rethink everything I am currently workiing on because I am so stoked, I'm already reaching for the clippers and glue!

For me these models, the rules snippets and the amazing trailer were spot on, I just want an army of Assault Intercessors!

• Felix Antipodes, CaptainMarsh, ixzion and 2 others like this

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

Volkite actually makes a lot of sense. Cawl would have the ability to mass produce such weapons, and his forges are the source for much of the wargear.

And thats whats bothering me...

For millenia none of the arsehats on Mars could figure out how a Toaster oven was supposed to work without using oils, incense and prayers...

But that one guy shows up and suddenly there's new stuff all over the place that he can pull out from his chrome buttocks?

And having EVERYTHING new coming from only ONE guy..., doesn't sit right imo...

When did that ever happened?...

• Pork Chop Express, Iron Father Ferrum, Volt and 2 others like this

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

well, it's not the community team's fault there was a global pandemic. This and a lot more was supposed to be revealed at Warhammer fest.

No that's also not what I said. But they did decide to spread all the content across 3 (4?) hour-long previews with plenty of filler talk inbetween. Which amount to the perception of not that much stuff previewed. They did the right thing in making a digital preview, I'm saying they should have put the past few previews all together in 1 big preview which wouldn't have felt overhyped. Now GW is turning into the boy who cries wolf as every preview was announced as the biggest thing ever.

Edited by matcap86, 23 May 2020 - 02:13 PM.

• Leif Bearclaw likes this

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 933 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons

I think I will like the Storm Shield guys, Storm Shields, Power Sword, Volkite.  They'll be interesting.  Assault Intercessors, another nail in the coffin of Reivers, hopefully the Sergeant can have a better melee weapon...though that would further kill off Reivers.  The bikes, not sure what makes them different from current bikes other than current models.  The Executioner...I don't like the head or squared off sword.  Rules will help.

• Lord Raven 19 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users