Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9th edition incoming

• Please log in to reply
814 replies to this topic

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,446 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

The plot is moving forward

Marines are crusading against a resurgent Necron threat

New model previews

Assault intercessors

Primaris captain with storm shield (and a skeleton on the shield LOL)

Preview is LIVE on twitch right now

• Valerian and NightHowler like this

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

I cannot wait to wolf up those assault intercessors.

• Valerian and Filius like this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,174 posts

everybody bloodclaw party

• Triszin and Filius like this

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts

Holy Emperor, that video!

It's sad it isn't a trailer for a videogame or a movie though. I could enjoy a couple thousand hours more of it.

Edited by MetalMammoth, 23 May 2020 - 01:38 PM.

• Valerian, Kassill, Konnavaer and 2 others like this

SilverShire

SilverShire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts

I get the feeling 9th will be geared a lot more towards combat than 8th 

• Dark Shepherd likes this

For a constant stream of painting updates, check my Instagram SilverShire_Gaming

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

damn, I must admit, this trailer got my blood pumping :D

• Torin likes this

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

C0deb1ue

C0deb1ue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
Hard to tell whether it will help CC yet apart from maybe ITC style terrain rules.

Not being able to tie up tanks is certainly a nerf to combat centric armies especially when a lot of our minimal mobility was tied into consolidation.

Maybe the new reserves system will help but they would need to change how easy it is zone and also will it still be a 9inch charge?

Edited by C0deb1ue, 23 May 2020 - 02:38 PM.

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 552 posts
Updated terrain rules may bring back units like T-wolves and characters on wolves who suffer greatly with the current ruleset.
Also allowing tanks to fire in combat gives them a huge buff to an already shooty type game which can only lead to more deadly combat phase ( first turn charges made easier etc). They already have feedback that shows that horde armies and shooting phase in general need a nerf of some kind (as rules stand who ever has the first turn has a huge advantage) ... I would also like alternate activations but let's see :)

Edited by lonewolf81, 23 May 2020 - 02:41 PM.

• Triszin likes this

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,759 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves and Grey Knights
Ooh, since they’re Assault ‘Intercessors’ that means I can use the Veteran Intercessor stratagem on them, and give Ragnar a proper Wolf Guard.
  • Torin, svane jotunsbane, Filius and 4 others like this

C0deb1ue

C0deb1ue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Updated terrain rules may bring back units like T-wolves and characters on wolves who suffer greatly with the current ruleset.
Also allowing tanks to fire in combat gives them a huge buff to an already shooty type game which can only lead to more deadly combat phase ( first turn charges made easier etc). They already have feedback that shows that horde armies and shooting phase in general need a nerf of some kind (as rules stand who ever has the first turn has a huge advantage) ... I would also like alternate activations but let's see :)

Except we don’t do first turn charges and all our combat buffs appear in turn 3 🤷🏼‍♂️

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,140 posts
So glad I didn’t start trying to make dynamic intercessors without these. I’m kinda shocked I dodged that bullet to be honest.
  • Valerian, Kassill, Bryan Blaire and 1 other like this

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 552 posts

Except we don’t do first turn charges and all our combat buffs appear in turn 3 🤷🏼‍♂️

They may loose the 9'' restriction now that tanks can still fire in cc or they will give another combat phase buff, otherwise shooting is getting even stronger and they know that already

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,445 posts
They did say it would be a more CC friendly edition

Hope cavalry get some rules love especially with admech getting them too

Just bought our Primaris Start Collecting box for Primaris Wulfen, gives me 5 spare inters with 2 upgrade sprues to make a squad of Assault Intercessors

They have close support markings in some photos sadly
  • Filius likes this

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,759 posts
There’s going to be a lot of Naysayers eating crow for dinner this evening.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,378 posts

I only have to chop off my bolt pistols on my completed claws and put the heavy bolt pistol on them to use them as either claws or AI.

• Valerian and HvitrValdyr like this
banana

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,759 posts

So glad I didn’t start trying to make dynamic intercessors without these. I’m kinda shocked I dodged that bullet to be honest.

Same here. Although I did give one unit of Intercessors markings for a Wolf Guard Pack, for the Veteran Intercessor stratagem. Now I’m going to want to do that for this new Assault version, instead.

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,378 posts

honestly, IM thinking of jsut magnetizing all of my primaris scale marines going forward.

it seems at the basic level, its just an arm swap to swap between units.

at most running legs are dynamic, but thats the only change

banana

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,140 posts
My hang up though is now that we have a more clearly defined gh/bc analogues, am I shooting myself in the foot not waiting for the inevitable official versions in case they have differing gear etc?

This is my issue with the drop fed releases, it gives me MMO loot treadmill syndrome. I’m not salty to be clear, the releases look great, just cautious with ever decreasing hobby time 😬.
  • Lord Ragnarok likes this

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,759 posts
I’m sure a real Wolf Guard analogue will eventually come, but I’m thinking those are still a long way out.

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,140 posts
Yea chapter specific stuff I’m sure is all a ways out as you say. Problem is im slow so any primaris for me is a long ways out too. Perfect heartbreak timing...

Edited by PeteySödes, 23 May 2020 - 03:40 PM.

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,759 posts
Good overview of everything we know so far: https://youtu.be/tjHitSRcRRI

Castle Wolfenstein

Castle Wolfenstein

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves, CSM

Do you all think it is safe to assume that assault intercessor pack leaders will be able to take a TH or PF?

Just wondering because I was about to build 2 squads of ABR intercessors with TH pack leaders, now think I should maybe hold off?

Edited by Castle Wolfenstein, 23 May 2020 - 04:54 PM.

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill S. Preston Esq.

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,759 posts
And more leaks.

https://youtu.be/5w9QcsN2ZOc
  • theprophetofwar likes this

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,378 posts

Do you all think it is safe to assume that assault intercessor pack leaders will be able to take a TH or PF?

Just wondering because I was about to build 2 squads of ABR intercessors with TH pack leaders, now think I should maybe hold off?

Nope. Don't assume
banana

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,759 posts

I think the Assault Intercessors will have Pack Leaders able to take the special close combat weapons (like Power Fists and Thunderhammers), else they'll underperform in close combat compared with "stock" Intercessors.  However, that being said, don't build anything until we know for sure.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)