9th edition incoming

TiguriusX

The plot is moving forward

Marines are crusading against a resurgent Necron threat

New model previews

Assault intercessors

Primaris captain with storm shield (and a skeleton on the shield LOL)

Preview is LIVE on twitch right now

Hard to tell whether it will help CC yet apart from maybe ITC style terrain rules.

Not being able to tie up tanks is certainly a nerf to combat centric armies especially when a lot of our minimal mobility was tied into consolidation.

Maybe the new reserves system will help but they would need to change how easy it is zone and also will it still be a 9inch charge?

Edited by C0deb1ue

Updated terrain rules may bring back units like T-wolves and characters on wolves who suffer greatly with the current ruleset.

Also allowing tanks to fire in combat gives them a huge buff to an already shooty type game which can only lead to more deadly combat phase ( first turn charges made easier etc). They already have feedback that shows that horde armies and shooting phase in general need a nerf of some kind (as rules stand who ever has the first turn has a huge advantage) ... I would also like alternate activations but let's see :)

Edited by lonewolf81

Updated terrain rules may bring back units like T-wolves and characters on wolves who suffer greatly with the current ruleset.

Also allowing tanks to fire in combat gives them a huge buff to an already shooty type game which can only lead to more deadly combat phase ( first turn charges made easier etc). They already have feedback that shows that horde armies and shooting phase in general need a nerf of some kind (as rules stand who ever has the first turn has a huge advantage) ... I would also like alternate activations but let's see :)

Except we don’t do first turn charges and all our combat buffs appear in turn 3

Except we don’t do first turn charges and all our combat buffs appear in turn 3

They did say it would be a more CC friendly edition

Hope cavalry get some rules love especially with admech getting them too

Just bought our Primaris Start Collecting box for Primaris Wulfen, gives me 5 spare inters with 2 upgrade sprues to make a squad of Assault Intercessors

They have close support markings in some photos sadly

So glad I didn’t start trying to make dynamic intercessors without these. I’m kinda shocked I dodged that bullet to be honest.

Same here. Although I did give one unit of Intercessors markings for a Wolf Guard Pack, for the Veteran Intercessor stratagem. Now I’m going to want to do that for this new Assault version, instead.

honestly, IM thinking of jsut magnetizing all of my primaris scale marines going forward.

it seems at the basic level, its just an arm swap to swap between units.

at most running legs are dynamic, but thats the only change

My hang up though is now that we have a more clearly defined gh/bc analogues, am I shooting myself in the foot not waiting for the inevitable official versions in case they have differing gear etc?

This is my issue with the drop fed releases, it gives me MMO loot treadmill syndrome. I’m not salty to be clear, the releases look great, just cautious with ever decreasing hobby time

Yea chapter specific stuff I’m sure is all a ways out as you say. Problem is im slow so any primaris for me is a long ways out too. Perfect heartbreak timing... Edited by PeteySödes

Do you all think it is safe to assume that assault intercessor pack leaders will be able to take a TH or PF?

Just wondering because I was about to build 2 squads of ABR intercessors with TH pack leaders, now think I should maybe hold off?

Edited by Castle Wolfenstein

Do you all think it is safe to assume that assault intercessor pack leaders will be able to take a TH or PF?

Just wondering because I was about to build 2 squads of ABR intercessors with TH pack leaders, now think I should maybe hold off?

Nope. Don't assume

I think the Assault Intercessors will have Pack Leaders able to take the special close combat weapons (like Power Fists and Thunderhammers), else they'll underperform in close combat compared with "stock" Intercessors.  However, that being said, don't build anything until we know for sure.  

Yea chapter specific stuff I’m sure is all a ways out as you say. Problem is im slow so any primaris for me is a long ways out too. Perfect heartbreak timing...

so,

we are in the assault wave phase.

we still have the heavy support phase

then the chapter specific phase

so chapter specific could be 6~ years out