Well, the playester in the Discord I'm in said this:

"he is like a Primaris champion and not a chaplain
He is called the Judicar
And he is a beast

It’s an elite choice not an HQ
And makes an enemy unit fight last"

---------------------------

so a elite choice has Armor of russ's ability baked in

I like that new version of the Chaplain much better for using as a Wolf Priest; I just didn't care much for the earlier Chaplain version that they released, but this guy looks good.

New Devastator/Long Fang type dudes with some sort of Melta weapon.  Hopefully it has some decent range.  And, they're in Gravis Armour, so a little more survivability. 

Can't see using those Storm Shield toting Sternguard Veteran types - just too hard to Wolf those up.

Bikers look sweet, but might give them a pass, depending on rules/stats.

Probably a pass on the rest, as well, as they're not really "Space Wolves" enough.

Can I magnetise a bunch of chain swords and bolt pistols or do the heavy ones look way different?

Have a bunch of spare intercessors that could be prepped but not sure if it will WYSIWYG enough

Edited by C0deb1ue

Yea chapter specific stuff I’m sure is all a ways out as you say. Problem is im slow so any primaris for me is a long ways out too. Perfect heartbreak timing...

so,

we are in the assault wave phase.

we still have the heavy support phase

then the chapter specific phase

so chapter specific could be 6~ years out

So I’ll start then then get blindsided by secundus marines

This looks to be pretty good for us , were getting a dedicated heavy weapons team  to potentially replace long fangs. 

Were also getting what looks like several dedicated close combat units that can fit in  impulsors  which will only work better with our rules. 

I  could not be happier about the announcements today. 

Can I magnetise a bunch of chain swords and bolt pistols or do the heavy ones look way different?

Have a bunch of spare intercessors that could be prepped but not sure if it will WYSIWYG enough

Heavy Bolt Pistols do look a little different.  Honestly, I'd just wait, mate.  You'll want to see what all of the options are, anyway.

How many standard Intercessor Squads do you have built up?  If you don't already have 4 Packs (total of at least 20 dudes) already built out for regular Intercessors, I'd use your spares to get those ready first.

Heavy Bolt Pistols do look a little different. Honestly, I'd just wait, mate. You'll want to see what all of the options are, anyway.

How many standard Intercessor Squads do you have built up? If you don't already have 4 Packs (total of at least 20 dudes) already built out for regular Intercessors, I'd use your spares to get those ready first.

I was just making up 24 normal 3 chain, 3 hammer, 3 powerfists. I could magnetise the last 6 normal but honestly I’ll probably just wait as I reckon the new box will have some etc! Edited by C0deb1ue

i love the bikers and the assault intercessors - but am a little discouraged with all the veteranas and characters with codex gak all over them. its mostly the tabards - kitbashing them to space wolves is going to be challenging!

that said, assuming this is all a boxset, this is my next project. just in time, almost finally done with my Shadow Spear models.

Edited by Wispy

alright, figured out what to do -

1. cover the ab tabard with a filed down wulfen shoulder pad

2. turn the lower tabard into loin pelts

3 swap in some space wolf stormshields, probably wulfen

4. try to get some more space wolf specific powerswords to swap in

5. head swaps, of course

the real question is which models will be Deathwolf and Which will be Blackmane...

Edited by Wispy

I bring grim omens from the warp brothers...our character options could be in peril...someone posited the theory that based on the stream we will be rewarded in CP for taking as few detachments as possible...so the number of easily taken characters could be limited

I know that you love this aspect of the hobby (the kit bashing and modifying what's out there), but I honestly wouldn't really bother with any of those units. We don't really have a particular use or need for all of that stuff.

dont patronize what i need or not, geez, worry about yourself. i'm making a primaris collection. i already have old wolf stuff, when they do new wolf stuff i'll get new wolf stuff. Edited by Wispy

dont patronize what i need or not, geez, worry about yourself. i'm making a primaris collection. i already have old wolf stuff, when they do new wolf stuff i'll get new wolf stuff.

Wispy, dude, I'm not patronizing you.  I even mentioned that I know you like to enjoy the kit-bashing part of the hobby.  Just figured I'd offer an opinion on how I would personally proceed.  Of course you're welcome, and encouraged to do with the hobby what you wish, and get your own enjoyment out of it.

Great. Just when I settled on my army with three intercessor packs with auto bolt rifles.

Still a great choice, Rags - I wouldn't sweat going that direction.  Hell, i've got 4 such units being painted right now.  These new Assault Intercessors just give an opportunity to add a couple more Packs later.  I don't think any of it will be wasted.  Depending on what they do with CP generation precisely, the trusty 8e double-Battalion might not be as "critical" as it is now, but I don't think more Intercessors will ever be a bad choice.

dont patronize what i need or not, geez, worry about yourself. i'm making a primaris collection. i already have old wolf stuff, when they do new wolf stuff i'll get new wolf stuff.

Wispy, dude, I'm not patronizing you. I even mentioned that I know you like to enjoy the kit-bashing part of the hobby. Just figured I'd offer an opinion on how I would personally proceed. Of course you're welcome, and encouraged to do with the hobby what you wish, and get your own enjoyment out of it.

sorry i snapped, it read like you were telling me not to bother.

5. head swaps, of course

the real question is which models will be Deathwolf and Which will be Blackmane...

Yeah. Older lords will remember how we use all sorts of talents to wolf up sets of codex plastic (and metal!). Edited by Lord Ragnarok

5. head swaps, of course

Yeah. Older lords will remember how we use all sorts of talents to wolf up sets codex plastic (and metal!).
the metal age wasn't a good one.