9th edition incoming

TiguriusX

As much as i love your attitude, my point being, a 1+ in other GW game systems hasn't been an issue until they changed the modifiers to the rolls as they are.

What attitude? I told you what the issue was in two short sentences, and told you what thread to go to (the Storm Shield thread) where you can read all of the in-depth explanation of why it would have been a big problem. I didn’t see the point of re-explaining all of that here in this thread.

As much as i love your attitude, my point being, a 1+ in other GW game systems hasn't been an issue until they changed the modifiers to the rolls as they are.

What attitude? I told you what the issue was in two short sentences, and told you what thread to go to (the Storm Shield thread) where you can read all of the in-depth explanation of why it would have been a big problem. I didn’t see the point of re-explaining all of that here in this thread.

It's not strictly on topic so this will be the last i'll say on it but if you're not aware of the connotations of an "as per my last email" type of phrasing i'd encourage you to look it up. To point though, I dont need a rules explanation, I was expressing my displeasure at the change.

Some Errata are up 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#warhammer-40000

Note on Storm Shields 

Designer’s Note: When we wrote Edge of Silence, we created some new rules for the relic shield and storm shield. When used in isolation – say, when playing through the missions in Edge of Silence – these rules work perfectly well, but when used with a Battle-forged army, it is possible to upgrade a Character with Artificer Armour, and in doing so have a model with a Save characteristic of 1+. This was not our intention, and so we are changing the rules for both these items of wargear as they appear on these datasheets. Please also note that while some weapons and other items of wargear (e.g. storm shields) appear in other places with slightly different rules, the rules for them that appear in Edge of Silence should not apply to other units – you should continue to use the rules as printed in your current Codex for the time being.

Also no mention in the space wolves or  edge of silence ( indomitus box units)   of  Blade Guard  having the wolf guard keyword. 

assume they do not.

until it is printed in a pdf/book.

and ive yet to see it in any of the physical copies.