9th edition incoming

TiguriusX

What shields did you use there?

Id have preferred a Wyatt Family esque lamp to an hourglass

@Blackwood shield full of skulls not Wulfen enough?

I think its just the shape that doesn't do it fer me , I am normally fine with having the models I run for my Dreadwolves keep a lot of the crusade iconography , you know helps with that one level of separation , though I prefer the shields to be more wolf specific ya know ?
well thats you. I am a form over function person. Plus its the biggest shield available. I like the modernized design like the lights and view port. It's also has tons of room to hang and stake trophies to.

I definitely don't want wolf color ultramarines but I like the Primaris to show off the new hot gear. The Iron Priests ain't doing custom jobs for these dudes yet but they got all top forgeworld stuff

Hey can I ask how did the palanite enforcer hands compare to the primaris fists? I like the look of your shields and I plan to steal the idea of using the palanite shield. A nifty paintjob and some markings will make them a bit more like they suit The Rout.
the hands are too small. But the shield doesn't require a hand. It has a bit that fits into or onto a forearm

As for table play, our group already just downsized the table space for smaller games. A more standardized amount would be a good thing I wager, and something plenty already do. Your 6x4 table mat wouldn't be obsolete, you just wouldn't always need the whole thing. No trouble there I can see.

Now if things were actually scaled up I'd get the issue. But as they are moving (in general) towards fewer, and larger, models I don't see the table space changing much.

Edited by theprophetofwar

I'm curious if the Grey Knights will forever be excluded from primaris. Will they ever get a truesize mini makeover?

We'll get them eventually. Still up for grabs whether the new primaris is for CSM or for all space marines (as they claim), but so far the general consensus is no for us. If we don't get them, then I'll just return to playing my original faction, the Dark Angels..

*expects to be mauled by Space Wolves after mentioning Dark Angels* ;p

Edited by Skywrath

Frontline Gaming Discussion of 9e from 2 of the play testers. Skip the first 5 minutes of gabbing to get to the details.

Thanks!! Listening now. Lol in some ways it sounds a lot like 9th is gonna be a throwback (in some ways) to 5th. Bring on the rhino rush!!

This makes me much more interested and excited for 9th and to see where it goes, particularly since I loved 5th and loved my 5th ed Wolves

Watching it now.

They are REALLY emphasising how dead soup is and how its all going to be mono-codex.

Detachments are paid for, troops arent going anywhere esp if you ran a single battallion/brigade, maybe slightly less troops in competition lists

Theyre stressing lists will change especially depending on if you took more than one battallion/brigade

Theyve rolled back the soup thing to you can still soup and chaos/eldar not nerfed, just loyal32 etc are a waste of time

PA books all written with 9th in mind

Edited by Dark Shepherd

New information today, including a video with input from several play-testers.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/01/new-40k-the-game-you-love-but-bettergw-homepage-post-1/

Now a Command Phase, like AoS 2. “ In this phase, Battle-forged armies will acquire new Command points and spend the ones they have on certain Stratagems.”

New information today, including a video with input from several play-testers.

Play-testers including the gents at Tabletop Tactics! Now I have some faith in 9th edition

Yea that makes me very  excited as well , of the folks that I watch do battle reports online they are the most like me and my friends. 

More details. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/03/warhammer-40000-matched-play-points-and-an-appgw-homepage-post-1/

Matched play changes.  Details on new Missions.  Starting Command Points.  Points increases across the board for all Factions.

So all units are points adjusted again.

Looks like points increase all around which I'm fine with.

Party of the thing slowing down some games are sheer model count.

Which I think can be partially solved by movement trays

If tactical marine equivalents get two wounds but not the extra attack or special bolters are we gonna be happy or mad? Points being less than an Intercessor of course.

And what if tactical equivalents get that and maybe Intercessors get 3 wounds? Does that change how happy we are? Idk the likelihood of this one seems like more of a stretch.

If tactical marine equivalents get two wounds but not the extra attack or special bolters are we gonna be happy or mad? Points being less than an Intercessor of course.

And what if tactical equivalents get that and maybe Intercessors get 3 wounds? Does that change how happy we are? Idk the likelihood of this one seems like more of a stretch.

Intercessors with 3 wounds would be mad! at 20pts per model you could have a 30 wound unit for 200pts!

Plus it would mean that all other primaris would be bumped up a wound 

With the goal of lowering the overall body counts, I wonder how well GW will balance horde vs elite armies. I worry aggressors are gonna get so upped in price as to make them nigh unusable. I hope our cavalry will actually get a points decrease...although they need a new datasheet with good rules...like free outflank and preventing/mitigating withdrawals.

Wheres this coming from?

So all units are points adjusted again.

Looks like points increase all around which I'm fine with.

Party of the thing slowing down some games are sheer model count.

Which I think can be partially solved by movement trays

I dont like movement trays but I think if they did movement like Legion where you measure for the unit leader then place the remaining models from the unit "in coherence" with the leader it would really speed things up. Also much easier and less fiddly. Fire away.

Nervous times as we await point increases :)

With 12 CP the starting point for a 2k game then Bjorn looks extra appealing as does limiting lists to one detachment

That’s just starting CP. we’ll be able to generate more in each Command Phase, too.