Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rules preview

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
454 replies to this topic

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,259 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

The system I proposed is just my best guess based on what I read in the Q&A. It's all theoretical math and should absolutely be taken with a grain of salt. It also happens to be the system I would most like to see, so there is a bit of wishlisting in there as well.

Yes but they specifically said they are giving everyone more CP. your way will directly reduce everyone’s CP, unless they played very narrow options. GW’s goal as said by them is that you shouldn’t be hindered into building a particular list.
  • Daynga-Zone likes this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

Incorrect. Before to break 10 CP you had to run dual Battalion or brigade (if not playing knights), which meant minimum 6 troupes, X amount of everything else. With the math I presented you could have 15 CP just by taking a single supreme command detachment with nothing but greater daemons in it. Or by taking a vanguard with 2 HQs and expensive elites, etc etc. Allowing you to choose which detachment you want for free means the choice is entirely up to the player, but adding on to it will lower CP. It means that for once we'll actually have to look at how much can fit into a single detachment if we don't want to pay to expand, but given the wide breadth of options for that initial detachment, the only people limited are those who really want to double down on a single catigory of unit, like HQ or elites.

Anyone who wasn't taking dual Battalion or a brigade will have more CP from these changes. A lot more. And those who could stretch passed that to 20 or above were nich cases of guard or others who could spam very cheap troupes, and those can do with coming down slightly.

Not liking the idea of my changes is one thing. But numbers wise this is a much fairer system to anyone who isn't playing a purely narative army of like 3 different battalions.

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 932 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons
I’m a little sad that I probably won’t be able to play my 18 CP Blood Angels Successor list. I worked hard to get those 9 Intercessor Squads in.

adreal

adreal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts

I’m a little sad that I probably won’t be able to play my 18 CP Blood Angels Successor list. I worked hard to get those 9 Intercessor Squads in.

You know, you probably totally could, just with less cp

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,267 posts

=][= Given that this thread has already been given two strikes and people still continue to go on rampant wishlisting tangents in addition to discussing stuff that has nothing to do with the rules preview, it's high time we lock this for good. Once we get more information from GW, we can have a new thread about it here in NR&A.

If you want to continue to speculate about what 9th Edition will (not) bring to the table, there's most likely a thread in Amicus about that already. If there isn't feel free to create one there as that's the place to do it, not here.

Now, with that out of the way... =][=

gallery_26_548_17394.gif

Edited by Dosjetka, 29 May 2020 - 08:27 AM.

• Black Blow Fly, battle captain corpus, Interrogator Stobz and 4 others like this

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users