An Ancient Evil Awakens

NTaW

Well yes, this is like Christmas mid year !, Necrons were my first full army so I’m massively glad to be able to add to them and perhaps update some colours here and there, I too am in the camp of should I turn my old monolith into terrain?!..

I better start saving now !!!

@Ntaw - thanks for posting all the goodies up

Cheers, Mithril

So what we know is being re-modeled:

Warriors

Necron Overlord (Maybe Lord)

Scarabs

Monolith

What could be re-modeled:

Destroyers

Canoptek Spider (The tall sort of drone)

Edited by Get Thokt

Might just be my eyes being odd, but unless Szarekh has a mad wide base, those two shields seem to be separate, perhaps they act like the Gemini for Celestine - Too little bodyguard constructs which act as speakers for the King but also as weapons and meatshields.

I really want to see what the War of the Worlds walkers do [All I see/hear in my head] - I can soooo seem them being soul consuming regeneration machines - Acting similar to the GA but better, the more you reap the more bonus' you get to reanimation.

Still wanna know what that last HQ is [The dude on the far right underneath the War of the Worlds boy] Might just be Lord with Warscythe?

Gaaah, I cannot stop looking at it. So happy - No sight of Flayers/Pariahs yet however... 

Still wanna know what that last HQ is [The dude on the far right underneath the War of the Worlds boy] Might just be Lord with Warscythe?

The picture in the top-left is that HQ model, the shoulders have a strong resemblence.

It is also similar to our old Overlord model: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Necron-Overlord-with-Warscythe

Also want to point out, there is a bigger version of that 'War of the Worlds' model in the leaked picture (on the left side)

Edited by Get Thokt

The picture in the top-left is that HQ model, the shoulders have a strong resemblence.

It is also similar to our old Overlord model: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Necron-Overlord-with-Warscythe

Also want to point out, there is a bigger version of that 'War of the Worlds' model in the leaked picture (on the left side)

Yeah, that's why I assume it's a new Warscythe Lord as the current is resin and the current Overlord comes with a voidscythe and no real options without kitbashing.

I assume it's the same size, I think its just the perspective, just has a Doomsday cannon style gun on top so a duel kit dakkabot/Buffer like the DDA/GA.

Edited by TootiusNootius

Colour me unsurprised at what sure looks like an Immortal in the bottom left corner :sweat:\

It's not an Immortal. Still not sure why you'd think the Immortals/Deathmark kit would be on the chopping board - everything else being replaced is really old or finecast, while the Immortals are still rather new.

Anyway, I'm still really hoping for Flayed Ones. I'm all but guaranteed to get the Necron half of the starter anyway but I some nice Flayed One sculpts would make Maynarkh a really tempting option. Tragically, Pariahs seem unlikely now. Would have loved to have seen them reimagined.

Edited by Marshal Loss

To cross post from the NRBA thread, courtesy of Marshal Loss (I've been updating the 1st post of this thread with all pictures related):

49930118497_65c3d6479b_o.jpg

Looks like I was right that they are a new type of Destroyer, I guess it follows that the big choppy/shooty guy will be a new type of Destroyer Lord. It's a design I saw Puppetswar try for with their notCrons and I disliked it there but somehow I'm very sold on these sculpts.

Seriously doubt that these will replace repulsor platform Destroyers as those have been a staple since the metal days (though not quite the absolute beginning). If anything I'd expect a look similar to artwork from those times since that's a consistent trend GW has been following with new sculpts of classic models.

Colour me unsurprised at what sure looks like an Immortal in the bottom left corner :sweat:\

It's not an Immortal. Still not sure why you'd think the Immortals/Deathmark kit would be on the chopping board - everything else being replaced is really old or finecast, while the Immortals are still rather new.

Anyway, I'm still really hoping for Flayed Ones. I'm all but guaranteed to get the Necron half of the starter anyway but I some nice Flayed One sculpts would make Maynarkh a really tempting option. Tragically, Pariahs seem unlikely now. Would have loved to have seen them reimagined.

My hope at this point is that one of the solo figures is a Pariah.

Since I keep zooming in, here's the three character-looking models from the box set:

This one's bots look combat oriented with blades for arms. Since we've seen the Canoptek Plasmacyte names I imagine these will be more Canoptek contructs. It sort of looks like one of the character's arms is raised as if giving an order, so maybe more of a support character?

49929609323_d1f95744b6_z.jpg

This is the one I think could be an Anrakyr resculpt, but the arm attachment is very bulky compared to the current tachyon arrow sculpt and significantly bulkier than how it's been described in the lore (not that older lore is anything to go on though). Possibly an Overlord of some kind?

49930427572_18404a2efa_z.jpg

Really looks to be holding a gauss blaster, but with the same fancy collar as the other characters and not part of a squad. Shadow War and Kill Team feature Immortals and Deathmarks as leaders and in the lore there are both Immortals and Lychguard with more functional capacity allowed them to serve as better governance for the soldiers nearby, this could be a model to represent that or something totally unique. 

49930125796_d7990f7491_z.jpg

I do hope to see some new designations show up, maybe to do with a reformed Triarch and the various statuses held within that new organization.

EDIT: crossposted from the NRBA

I just signed up for the emails and got this in response:

49930257026_b55a340e09_z.jpg

I really hope it's a character version of Lychguard potentially like the other model holding a gauss blaster in the starter set pic. Praetorians are in the blurry pic alongside the new kits and they currently share a kit with Lychguard and this one has the fancy collar as well so I doubt it's a replacement.

Edited by NTaW

I can't even begin to identify what I see with the model in the first pic. I see a staff/scythe and two long drapes from head to toe.

As for Destroyers, it is notable that the newer versions have a different name, which could lead to it being a different variant from the regular. Though with these updates, they pretty much knocked green rods off the range (Warriors, Monolith and maybe Lords) so could see Destroyers getting the same treatment.

How could you tell Praetorians got a new kit? Seeing the Triarch Stalker had me thinking they were untouched.

Edited by NTaW
Merged posts

It's angled so that you see nothing of the arm attachment but the cables coming from the back but I see your point. That is the character from the box pic.

EDIT: Well, that's that nailed down. I'm loving the new battle-damaged look:

100481090_10157294926893479_189764037527

Edited by NTaW
holy huge picture batman

I straight went looking for the WC version without the added text only to find it was them who added it :laugh.:

I want all of this. Every last bit of it.

EDIT: Hey, who's that little guy hiding behind the left of the Monolith? Eye level but background to the doomsday cannon head thinger.

Edited by NTaW

I straight went looking for the WC version without the added text only to find it was them who added it :laugh.:

I want all of this. Every last bit of it.

EDIT: Hey, who's that little guy hiding behind the left of the Monolith? Eye level but background to the doomsday cannon head thinger.

I've been wondering the same thing! Posted this in N&R

x3D33Lr.png

Maybe a different kind of Destroyer?

Hmm. It's not wearing any skin though, has a big power generator on its back, and the mask is very reminiscent of the current iteration of Destroyers. It does look sort of choppy but I can't tell whether it has shoulder-mounted guns or not

The tomb worlds are looking wide awake now!

Classy GW giving us a clear photo to drool over.

The state of Necrons for the entirety of 8th edition now makes a lot of sense. GW has probably been working on this complete overhaul for a while now.

Aesthetic is A+ for me. I like the new look of all the constructs. The C’tan model is epic. And the Silent King is spot on for me.

I’ve been drooling over the new AoS armies GW has been releasing the past few years and they d finally brought that over to 40k.

Cannot wait to see the new rules for how all this interacts.

Maybe the sneaky choppy looking guy behind the Monolith is a new assassin-type unit akin to an Eversor and as an alternate to Deathmarks?

I'm now reeling at the sight of what look like (maybe smaller versions of the) death ray guns mounted on all corners instead of the old gauss something-or-another. That combined with a new way to take a doomsday cannon and fresh looking Heavy Destroyers means there might just be more anti armour in the book. It will be nice to have options other than DDAs and Doom Scythes with a side of noodle-gun or converted Heavy Destroyers (after their most recent point drop anyway).

Wow, maybe the first time I've run out of likes. The more I see the more I love this

I said this in NR&A thread, but the rear monolith still has Gauss Arcs, so it has at least two loadouts now. Also has some Blackstone on the upper corners so maybe it can deny the witch.

Edited by NTaW
Merged posts.

I just saw the same thing. Dual loadout monoliths sounds like a lot of fun, plus the warrior emerging from the Eternity Gate. (I also hope that the vacuum gets a buff, even if it’s minor.)

My wallet is already weeping, this is just salt in the wound.

Also, am I missing something or does that warrior squad only have 9 models in it?

If we go back to 5-20 warrior squads I will be extremely happy.

Sharp eyes! I'll take two then :lol:

DPL I think the squads are still 10, or at least there is a group of 10 and a cut off 2nd group (of 7) in the misty starter box photo. Perhaps they left #10 off to make it seem even more like the squad was coming out of the Monolith, given the ultra-cool Warrior taking shape in the gateway?