An Ancient Evil Awakens

NTaW

This is why I hope it's all new.  Going from 20 pages to 15 or whatever will feel a lot better if it's 12 or so pages of brand new material.  Not like we won't have tons of new stuff to cover with Szarekh officially back, the Void Dragon awakening, the Pariah Nexus and all that.  

Less fluff in the Codex makes me quite sad, I'll echo Tyriks in that I hope it's all new if that's the case.

In the past WD batreps have been a bit, well, loose on the rules if my memory serves me correctly. I feel like it's possible that the Royal Warden erroneously had the extra ability added but would love to be proved wrong with the Codex.

*goes back to staring at the calendar

Looks like the Necron crusade book is going to be announced for preorder Sunday.  From this article: "On that note, check back with us in a few days to learn more about Beyond the Veil in our Sunday Preview!"  I don't think they ever show stuff on Sundays unless it's going up for preorder

The new books will also have the army specific crusade stuff too right? So there goes more pages. Seems odd with all this new stuff for the book to be roughly the same size, maybe there are just a lot more efficient with page design.

Yes, they did say that.  There is a lot of wasted space right now, so it's an option

Looks like today's WC article confirms that floating Destroyers are now all Lokhust and there will be a Lokhust Lord.

I like that. Makes me feel a bit better about my current collection remaining relevant.

Link: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/23/fear-the-reapers-the-necron-destroyer-cult/

Quotes: In the new codex, the Destroyer Cult has branched out into four distinct types – the blade-wielding Skorpekhs, the subterranean, segmented Ophydians, the gunfighting Hexmarks, and the floating weapons platforms that are the Lokhust.

What’s more, the damage output of Destroyer units is even more consistent when in range of their alphas – the fallen nobles that are Skorpekh Lords and Lokhust Lords – thanks to the United in Destruction aura ability.

Edited by NTaW

I’m liking that the new Skorpekh Lord will give the reroll 1s to wound buff to all destroyer cult units and vise versa. And they won’t be bound by the new “core” key word. Meaning the Destroyer Cult lords will still buff themselves.

If we still keep the reroll hits and wounds strat on Destroyer units the heavy destroyers look good. A juicy endless cacophony is probably asking too much, but shoot twice would be amazing.

Edited by Mr4Minutes

I'm finding myself moving towards a Destroyer themed list more and more!

I imagine the Lokhust Destroyer will likely be the existing Destroyer Lord - which isn't terrible for my army aesthetic as I converted one long ago with a Necron Wraith body that I was always quite proud of.

It's a good time to be a Phaeron.

With the change from an upgrade kit to an actual model (Heavy Destroyer), I can definitely see them doing the same for the Lokhust Lord.

Does anyone think there will be more Necron models to be revealed, or the new Crypteks will be the last of the new range?

I'm really hoping for new designs for our characters. With what they did with Szeras, I'd love to have the same applied to Orikan, Imotekh, and Zahndrekh.

Edited by Get Thokt

I really think we've see what we are getting. I'd rather see some actual rules on the new models and dex than more new units at this point. We are oddly very very thin on actual statlines and abilities for our new units. The Marines are getting just as many new kits as we are and we've already been shown pretty much all of their new weapons and statlines for all their units. Meanwhile we are clueless about the Hexmark, new Monolith, Void Dragon and Silent King. We have some tidbits about the Hexmark but three of our biggest new models are information black holes and it's becoming a bit concerning. GW is seemingly going out of their way to limit the hype on parts of our release when it's been full hype ahead on the Marines.

Ya, I really want to know how Monoliths will work in 9th.

They were so broken in late 8th that they could easily to be completely redesigned. I bought Indomitus and the outrider box to start my necron army, ive painted those up but refuse to buy new models until I know what monoliths do. 

Not only are they an iconic unit but with the probable option of anti tank weapons, monoliths seem like they could be the linchpin of necron armies. Anti tank transports are exactly what necron needs. It would make so many fluffy lists viable. Hopefully they're not LOW.

Edited by Stupidity