An Ancient Evil Awakens

NTaW

Ok so am I the only one concerned about the Silent King and Ctan's models?  Both are connected to their bases by what I see as relatively thin pieces of plastic, though at least with the Silent King it wouldn't be too hard to chop that part off and put a shaved down flyer base underneath.

Besides those two the Half life/War of the Worlds walkers partially concern me just on height, I already accept 95% of the cables are gonna break before I ever reach my game store.  I'm just hoping the top can reasonably be set without gluing like Onagers so they'll be easier to transport.

Everything else though I absolutely love.  The scythe hand dudes especially, dunno why but my inner child screams awesome, here's hoping they have a decent profile.

The C'tan actually looks much sturdier than the Silent King. Yes, the plastic is thin, but there are so many contact points I think it'll be fine.

Does the C'Tan sort of look like it could be the Void Dragon?

I keep looking to the terrain in the back. There seems to be a fully uncovered, partially covered in rock, and fully covered rock version of the same object to the right of the background Monolith. There's also a picture from GW used with recent advertisements that shows objects like this looking a lot like Drop Pods, notably the 9 great things about 9th edition pic on Facebook (will link tomorrow when I'm back at a computer). It will be cool to see how it interacts with the game, hopefully it isn't merely (ha!) a glorious terrain piece.

Does the C'Tan sort of look like it could be the Void Dragon?

I keep looking to the terrain in the back. There seems to be a fully uncovered, partially covered in rock, and fully covered rock version of the same object to the right of the background Monolith. There's also a picture from GW used with recent advertisements that shows objects like this looking a lot like Drop Pods, notably the 9 great things about 9th edition pic on Facebook (will link tomorrow when I'm back at a computer). It will be cool to see how it interacts with the game, hopefully it isn't merely (ha!) a glorious terrain piece.

You mean this?  I hadn't even noticed these, good spot

100061916_1100449340350043_5102475053782

The Megalith was described as having lots of Monoliths that detached and floated down, IIRC. I could see GW resurrecting that in a twisted fashion and bringing airdrop-style gateways into play. I all of a sudden really like that idea.

Plus, owning some official terrain would be nice.

The Megalith was indeed said to have a ton of Monoliths falling from it as it descended.  And we technically had the Doomsday Monolith showing that there are different kinds of Monolith, so they could slap a prefix on these and call it a throwback (or just invent something new, I guess, but then what kind of crazy conspiracy theories can we drum up from old books?).

Well, fingers crossed then... if destroyers (our current ones) are superseded then I guess I’ll be kit bashing my old ones into new...

But I couldn’t see them dropping a whole unit right out the door... hopefully not ?!.. , destroyers weren’t cheap :-/

Mithril

Yeah they weren't and I just remembered that I'm still waiting for a squad of destroyers I ordered pre-pandemic so I'm doubling those hopes.

What I think is happening is that we just got extras - so a CC destroyer squad and a new heavy destroyer (or possibly ranged destroyer lord) and the old ones will still be useable.

Think I'm going for 3 and not 6 though... Gonna have that space for all the new stuff :)

(or just invent something new, I guess, but then what kind of crazy conspiracy theories can we drum up from old books?).

Oh you really don’t want me to go there....

On the other hand, maybe you do. I have a couple of ideas.

You mean this?  I hadn't even noticed these, good spot

I sure did mean that pic and am happy to see that they look like the same object. If these are something akin to the Drop Pod I could see using this force of busted up Crons as the vanguard of my core force of well maintained Crons, used when ground invasions become necessary and helping to explain the difference in aesthetic.

I know this is tangential to the topic but I'm -really- stoked that my mind is whirling with ways of incorporating this all into my army and backstory. GW has completely knocked it out of the park with models here and I'm really digging all the current lore going on surrounding the Necrons. Todays Pariah story paints an awesome picture of revelations to come from the imminent (I use that term loosely, it's closer now than it was last week! :lol:) releases.

So the new ctan is the void dragon?

It sure looks like it visually, but until GW says one way or the other it's just a huge C'Tan shard with dragon-looking wings and tail who happens to have a void where a face could be.

Could be a brand new one, or could be the Potentate that featured in Cawl's latest book.  But if I had to put money down, it'd be on the Void Dragon.

I straight went looking for the WC version without the added text only to find it was them who added it :laugh.:

I want all of this. Every last bit of it.

EDIT: Hey, who's that little guy hiding behind the left of the Monolith? Eye level but background to the doomsday cannon head thinger.

I've been wondering the same thing! Posted this in N&R

x3D33Lr.png

Maybe a different kind of Destroyer?

It looks a bit like the new Skorpekh models: hunched back "caparison" and seems to be 3-legged but his head looks different, seems to have kind of a green sphere on top and no close combat weapons but cables and (maybe) a shoulder weapon.

Some kind of Skorpekh support unit?

I straight went looking for the WC version without the added text only to find it was them who added it :laugh.:

I want all of this. Every last bit of it.

EDIT: Hey, who's that little guy hiding behind the left of the Monolith? Eye level but background to the doomsday cannon head thinger.

I've been wondering the same thing! Posted this in N&R

x3D33Lr.png

Maybe a different kind of Destroyer?

It looks a bit like the new Skorpekh models: hunched back "caparison" and seems to be 3-legged but his head looks different, seems to have kind of a green sphere on top and no close combat weapons but cables and (maybe) a shoulder weapon.

Some kind of Skorpekh support unit?

I think until it's revealed we should refer to him as Mad-Eye after Brendan Gleeson's character in Harry Potter :biggrin.: