An Ancient Evil Awakens

NTaW

Great news folks! The Ophydian Destroyers come with 6 different heads, so there is some customisation available.

Absolutely love the models.

And depending on the scale difference (if any) between Ophydian and Skorpekh destroyers-- might be an easy enough headswap to add variety to duplicate skorpekhs too

If anyone is on the fence about the Void Dragon, I think it was far more enjoyable to build than Szarekh or any of the other new stuff. Some of the bits were fiddly and fragile while cutting them off the sprue, but that's nothing new and it is more stable than it looks. I'll probably come to hate it once I start trying to paint it, though.

If anyone is on the fence about the Void Dragon, I think it was far more enjoyable to build than Szarekh or any of the other new stuff. Some of the bits were fiddly and fragile while cutting them off the sprue, but that's nothing new and it is more stable than it looks. I'll probably come to hate it once I start trying to paint it, though.

Have you built a monolith as well, is that better/worse?

For anyone curious about the 6 head options in the Ophidian destroyers box-- theyre all pretty much similar heads to the skorpekh heads in that they have dings and dents and scratches, with one exception. There is a head that is missing the lower jaw/mandible area. None of the heads are as beat up as in the warrior box. :(

Have you built a monolith as well, is that better/worse?

Not the new one. It'll be a loooong time before I get around to that, I'm guessing. It just costs so much for a model I won't likely use (and already have the old one if I do need to use it).

Wow. Seeing them next to each other now, just wow. The old one is sooo much better, I'd only trade out the portal and gun options. I'll just get some 160mm bases and slap my old triplets on them.

Technically, they're fine for tournaments and matched play too. An event has to say "No Legends" for them to be disallowed.

@01RTB01: I prefer the old version because of its geometry. It looks absolutely solid, it magnificently durable, and really lives up to the living metal name. The new one, while super detailed, is much too organic for my metallic tastes. It also looks much less enduring, and the layers just make it seem more open and hollow and easier to damage. The geometric disco ball too is...unsightly. Honestly it kinda looks like Clayface, with all those unnecessary layers on the surface. A big pile of mud that is in fact smaller than the old monolith, not bigger as advertised.

The new corner guns and portal are the only things I like about the new one.

Edited by Seahawk