An Ancient Evil Awakens

NTaW

That’s nasty! Minimum strength six, more likely strength seven? They’re basically warscythes with flat three damage. Hello!

Love the anger management quip. :tongue.:

Pretty sure that's going to be a 1 in 3 weapon and reagular reap swords are going to be D1d3 or something akin to that.

The weapon profile definitly makes them good at taking down light vehicles but will still strugle with T8. The fact that they hit hard, move fast and reanimate will definitly make them big competitor to wraiths. The light blades options will probably be +1 attack S+1, ap3 damage 2.

Unless they get some advance and charge rule or be quite lower in points compared to regular destroyers I think they will not be a must have

Edited by angrom

It is funny that once again Necron CC options are(probably) stuck at S7.

I don’t know if you guys listened to the twitch stream yesterday but GW also confirmed that the floating destroyers are still a thing. They are also calling them the Locus Destroyer cult. They also stated there are multiple destroyer cults throughout the galaxy.

Yeah, I am also afraid of being stuck at 7. However, we still don't know what sort of buffs/auras/etc. that we are going to get. There is likely going to be some sort of wound bonus or some such. They are destroyers after all, so perhaps some re-rolls. 

I like more Destroyer Cult representation.

Disruption Fields for +1S will come in handy for sure (assuming it still exists in the new edition). My bet is S7 max for the Skorpekh Destroyers but higher damage potential per model, as strong as Lychguard (with one guy stronger, Destroyers are currently S4 so this is a buff already) but with more attacks and almost as fast as Wraiths but with no invulnerable save. My guess for a stat line would be M8" WS3+ BS3+ S5 T5 W3 A3(4 for dual swords) Ld10 Sv3+, unit of 3 taken as-is because of push-fit models. It would be nice to see them keep the Destroyer ability to re-roll 1s to hit, and maybe have a stratagem that lets them charge after move/advance like Canoptek stuff.

I wonder if this "Skorpekh" is going to be another one of those titles we see through-out our Necrons like Canoptek and Seraptekh

I get the feeling that Necrons are going to get a lot of detail added to the lore with this release given the nature of the overhaul. I'd expect to see all sorts of new names/designations for the various classes of the Necrontyr, from names like Skorpekh and Locus that we've heard already to titles for new members of the Royal Court and Cryptek Conclaves. I'm even going so far as to hope that all characters in the starter pictures are new classes so that they don't make established sculpts look outdated.

I wonder if this "Skorpekh" is going to be another one of those titles we see through-out our Necrons like Canoptek and Seraptekh

I get the feeling that Necrons are going to get a lot of detail added to the lore with this release given the nature of the overhaul. I'd expect to see all sorts of new names/designations for the various classes of the Necrontyr, from names like Skorpekh and Locus that we've heard already to titles for new members of the Royal Court and Cryptek Conclaves. I'm even going so far as to hope that all characters in the starter pictures are new classes so that they don't make established sculpts look outdated.

I agree here, I have a Necron lord with scythe base coated and ready to paint... I don't want to have to turn him into a scenery piece just because he's outdated...:ermm:  and anyways more characters means (hopefully) more ways to run an army, which in turn means more varied use of our models...Old and (soon to be ) New !

All this new Necron stuff has "Reawakened" the desire to paint my Cron's though, that in itself is a good thing :yes: 

Cheers, Mithril 

Enough detail added to lore to introduce an epic civil war!

One thing I hope for, is characters linked to different Dynasties. Of all the characters we have (one of the biggest ranges), only one is tied to a Dynasty that isn't Sautekh.

Apparent leak of the Silent King's datasheet:

----------------------------------------

2 Pillars each have a tesla sphere, and can cast 1 ctan power each. Otherwise have their own statlines and can intercept shots at SK. BS3, T6, 8w, 4++

SK has:

M10, WS2, BS2, S7, T7, W16, A4, LD10 3+/4++

Didnt get much on his weapons, quote I got was "has two profiles, for shooting and combat. Deals mortal wounds on 6s to wound"

Auras:

- Grants reroll 1s to hit and wound with ranged attacks for infantry

- fearless aura

- +1 to reanimation protocal aura, or you may reroll 1s, chosen before RP are rolled

- heals d3 wounds each turn per pillar alive.

Also grants an additional command point at the beginning of the command phase.

340 points.

I don’t know why but he feels a tad underwhelming, if that’s the data sheet. Or maybe just his points feel underwhelming.

But on the other hand, he’s got effectively 32 wounds, with a potential 14-42 extra wounds depending on his healing rolls and if the pillars are alive. I suspect wound distribution shenanigans are coming back, because I have a feeling that if I’m allowed, I’ll be putting two wounds on the SK himself before doing any damage to the pillars, because he heals minimum 2 per turn. If he has Living Metal, and it still works the way it does now, that’s 3d3 per turn if both pillars are alive. He’s going to be impossible to kill, at least, barring an alpha strike of monstrous proportions.

Also, 2 Ctan powers per turn (I wonder if they are shard level powers or vault level—hoping vault level, coz he’s riding a massive machine.

Massive aura buffs (increased further by the Canoptek stalker Canoptek Node rule, if that’s true) is nothing to sneeze at—interesting that he basically gets either a chronometron for free each turn, or the reroll 1’s, which is a free CP, in addition to his 1 free CP each turn.

His raw combat stats sound a tad underwhelming, except STR 7, base, but we’ve been expecting him to be a massive buffbot, I think, so that’s not much of a surprise. Extra Tesla shooting is always nice though.

I wonder if we have to pay extra for the pillars. No way that an effective 32 wound model is only 340 pts, I would think.

He's at the level of a Primarch, which feels a bit... disapointing. This is why I was worried about a Silent King model.

All the auras are nothing that stands out to me, and encourages players to play in a castle style. What hurts more is that there are no defensive buffs here, which I feel is what we needed most to protect our Reanimation Protocols.

The only difference between this castle and a Space Marine or Tau castle, is they either have tough units that can take a lot of damage or unique abilities to pass over damage. Necrons don't have any of these at the moment.

So building a castle list with the Silent King is basically building a glass window. Everything dies just as fast, we can't get our Reanimation going, and nothing gets buffed from SK's auras.

wouldn't you just go for the +1 to rp every time? Sounds like he's almost impossible to kill unless you level everything at him.

Unless you have a Cryptek nearby and the RP ability can't stack, then rr1s would be the better choice.

Edited by Get Thokt

Looking at the supposed leaks for destroyers and such, it appears that reanimation protocols and living metal will largely remain the same. This obviously could be wrong, but if true it is a tad disappointing. One of the mechanics I do not like with our current repair rule set is the need for the enemy to wipe whole units at a time to deny the rule. Thus creating a need to always take a unit at max strength. And so you almost never see units in varying squad sizes. I hope my guess is wrong and the mechanic has further details or there is a rule/strat that could at the very least have one wiped unit a turn still attempt to rez. 

Even with maxed units, our stuff has a hard time surviving on the table.

I do like adding models to a unit every turn, but right now we need some defensive buffs in order for our Reanimation Protocols to be used.