BA and 9th Ed

Form what I see from the sculpts, it's possible. Most of them have those strange icons (anyone remembers Mephiston: Blood of Sanguinius? ;) ) which seem to me as an occasional thing, not necessarily part of a general lore for all SMs.

Also their vambraces will make it a hard to change positions of the wrists. Just those hints really.

EDIT:

gallery_65134_15414_144445.jpg

So, I was convinced there was at least one exact copy of another among the assault intercessors, but when I started looking more close, I realized most of them seem to have a double.

This tells me these are not from multipart sprues, but rather sprues like Shadow Spear and Dark Imperium, ergo, I'm even more convinced these are the starter box marines now.

Edited by Majkhel

Form what I see from the sculpts, it's possible. Most of them have those strange icons (anyone remembers Mephiston: Blood of Sanguinius? ;) ) which seem to me as an occasional thing, not necessarily part of a general lore for all SMs.

Also their vambraces will make it a hard to change positions of the wrists. Just those hints really.

EDIT:

gallery_65134_15414_144445.jpg

So, I was convinced there was at least one exact copy of another among the assault intercessors, but when I started looking more close, I realized most of them seem to have a double.

This tells me these are not from multipart sprues, but rather sprues like Shadow Spear and Dark Imperium, ergo, I'm even more convinced these are the starter box marines now.

What do ya reckon are those symbols on the vambraces? Literally every SM model has them in this release, either sculpted on the armour, as shield iconography or as talismans. Sometimes all three. Seems suspicious but could he a campaign marker even though those are mostly painted on the armour. For the “regular” rank and file, that icon seems a bit odd.

Isn't the Intercessor box comprised of two sets of five poses?

It does indeed comprise of 2 sprues of 5 bodies plus a choice of heads and arms. However you can create 10 different poses out of those. Here we have identical pairs, just like with Shadowspear Infiltrators. Edited by Majkhel

Isn't the Intercessor box comprised of two sets of five poses?

It does indeed comprise of 2 sprues of 5 bodies plus a choice of heads and arms. However you can create 10 different poses out of those. Here we have identical pairs, just like with Shadowspear Infiltrators.

Point well made, thanks.

These are probably some sort of ETB models with limited poses and then a fully poseable release later. Although we’re still waiting on at least one of those (Suppressors).

Conversion on the ETB variants in the DI box was possible but difficult. I would imagine these will be the same.

What do ya reckon are those symbols on the vambraces? Literally every SM model has them in this release, either sculpted on the armour, as shield iconography or as talismans. Sometimes all three. Seems suspicious but could he a campaign marker even though those are mostly painted on the armour. For the “regular” rank and file, that icon seems a bit odd.

Haha, already made reference to those - there is a similar thing in 'Mephiston: Blood of Sanguinius' book ;) 

Although I believe it to be coincidental and in reality those icons will be related to the (no doubt) momentous event that will herald the box' release. I do not think GW would suddenly create an icon with meaning attached for all SMs to use like the Crux Terminatus. My guess is that's just something to catch an eye and work well with the '(mostly) melee Primaris' release.

if assault intercessors are troops, our assault marines should be troops also, change my mind :tongue.:

If it can move fast, it's probably fast attack. Unless it's not. Thus Guliiman decrees.

Damn that guy.

In all seriousness tho, if the assault intercessors are in starter box, they're probably troops and I'll be very interested in getting some one the multipart box is available.

Got to say, its a very bad time for me for a new release, baby is due next month and I cant afford new plastic tho I want to buy almost everything from the new stuff.

So far the new models appear to be from a 9th ed starter set, which will be available for presumably another 3 years or so. It's hard to wait for new shinies, though.

Since I got two 5 man stalker squads and two 5 man bolt rifle squads I feel like I’m good for troops so I’ll probably skip the sword/pistol models and go straight for those sword/shield ones.

Even dads need new baby gifts. Something to during paternity leave whilst the little one is asleep - which is a lot during the day. Sleep is a thing they forgo at night instead :biggrin.:

Me: "Those bikes would make a lovely baby carousel, dear. Don't you agree?"

Wife: pffff Yay!

EDIT: Congratulations!! :D

Edited by Majkhel

Got to say, its a very bad time for me for a new release, baby is due next month and I cant afford new plastic tho I want to buy almost everything from the new stuff.

Congrats, dude!

The first two weeks are just survival, but when the doc says you can start getting 4hrs of sleep again it’s the most amazing thing in the world.

Late nite shifts awake to deal with baby while wife sleeps = nice quiet painting sessions occasionally interrupted by exploding nappies.

Don't mistake for brown textured paint tho, even for nurgle daemons!

Stirland Battlemire all over the walls and floor.

If I could sum up parenthood so far in a single phrase, it would be:

“I’m not even mad. I’m impressed.”

The Assault Intercessors have the crossed arrows to indicate they are close support and not battleline units. Although, as we've seen with the rest of the Primaris units, battlefield role and force org slot don't always coincide. Just like Incursors fill the troops slot, but are close support units (I believe). So they could be troops that are close support units or they could fill the fast attack slot.