the BIG 9th edition room

Well, just came out of a game where my Tannhauser and master of arms Marshal killed a high lord of terra, so I am pretty happy.

Also got all the parts I need for my predator annihilator tank, though I still don't know if I should magnetize it or not. not expecting too much from it, but it would be nice to have a little more anti tank shooting while keeping my tank and vehicle theme. Some day I will get a second redemptor too....

Had my first game versus crusher stampede… ended up with a solid win so I’m pleased. Terminators did soem work ! Helbrecht soloed a genestealers brood as well. Judicar did the dirty dirty to ole swarmy as well. Edited by Black Blow Fly

had a fungame against TS with 15 Terminators, 3 Psykers and 30 rubrics

my list:

Helbrecht, MoS on Bike with Anciet Breviary and Rites of war

5 Assault Intercessors with Fist of Balthus

2x 5 Incursors

10 Crusadersquad with Sword of judgement

4 heavy Eradicators with Icon of heinman

5 Bladeguards with crux obsidian and Feast Strat

5 SB with Swords and 1Claws Holy orb

5 SB with Swords and 1Claws Bones of Mordred

Chief Apo - selfless healer with crusader helmet

3 Impulsors with Multimelter

Endresult was 92: 86 for my Army. It was a very close game and BT can be really funny if you dont try being competitive.

Helbrecht 5/5 

Chaplain 5/5

Assault Intercessors 4/5

Crusadersquad 4/5

Incursors 1/5

Crusadersquad 4/5

Chief Apo 1/5 ( my opponent had a really heavy Characterkilling psyker)

BGV 3/5

SB 1/5

Eradicators 5/5 killed more units in close combat then my SB and BGV together.

only if you build an army against it. 

If you play a normal universal list which should work against everything ( and under strict law not to play Dreads ) then you will have a bad time.

If you're building a competitive black templars list that leverages their strengths, you'll crush them. Those are, by definition, a universal list that has the best chances against everything.

If you make a fun list with a lot of bad units, poor synergy, and no ability to shift the scarabs then it'll suck.

What do you all think about scout bikers? I’m considering them due to the volume of shots and their mobility. Lame that they’re the same cost as regular bikers. Edited by Khornestar

What do you all think about scout bikers? I’m considering them due to the volume of shots and their mobility. Lame that they’re the same cost as regular bikers.

GW shouting "don't buy it" as setting it W2, instead of W3. If they have W3 they may have some use. 

As a relatively fragile unit, scout bike need to make good trade in the first arrived turn(they could outflank). They can deliver 22 S4 shots with a 95pts squad of 3(3 twin bolters, 3 shotguns, 1 storm bolter), score 14.7 hits, with doctrine AP-1 that will kill...1.8 marines on average, or 1.2 shield drone. Not good trades.  T3 W1 units are their prey, but I am afraid that most such units are not exposed(e.g. druks or TAU warriors stay in transports, GSC hide underground, Admech robemen has ridiculus early game cover save bonus) target.

Edited by Tokugawa

Hypothetically, which vow would be best for a defensive “siege battle” game? Thinking about running a narrative game with templars holding a choke point in a wall, so I want to get the most use out of terrain.

edit: it finally happened… my poor leviathan was taken down in a game. It took a chaos knight shooting a titan killing weapon at it, but Brother John fell to enemy fire!

Edited by Tiger9gamer

Hypothetically, which vow would be best for a defensive “siege battle” game? Thinking about running a narrative game with templars holding a choke point in a wall, so I want to get the most use out of terrain.

edit: it finally happened… my poor leviathan was taken down in a game. It took a chaos knight shooting a titan killing weapon at it, but Brother John fell to enemy fire!

never ask again^^

in each case "uphold" is the best except you are saying you want to tell a story about it. Fluffy reasons are the only ones who allow to take other vows. 

The best defense is a good offense. Suffer not the unclean and meet them on the battlefield! (Not serious, I don't even remember what that vow does have so little consideration for it.

played with the new Eldar codex against another friend who played Black Templars. It was a desaster. I dont know what I had done against my list although my list wasnt that strong.

Its really time for a new Space Marine codex or strong point drops.

comparison: WL Trait BT -> +1 for advances and charges for the WL

WL Trait for Harlekins -> +6 to charge and 3+d3 for advance (and movement 8 + advance and charge as core rule)

I had a game against my TTS buddy a couple nights ago. He's the one who I tried crusader tide against a 3 dreadknight+tank commander list and lost very badly to.

This time I was using my traditional 2 redemptors and 2 melee blocks of Elite units, expecting to go into Tau. Instead, it was GSC. I've played against GSC once in 8th and zero times in 9th. Not super sure what his list was as a result; it was the 6+ invul subfaction, two bricks of aberrants that could both get 5+ fnp, two units of bikes a car with a mining laser, a unit with drills and then seismic cannon squads. We rolled conversion or whatever it's called. 5 objectives, gain points if you hold the no man or opponents objective, but lose points if you don't hold your own... Feeling like fate was cruel, I took Oath, Investigate Signals and stranglehold, because I'm used to holding it down.

I also forgot that the list I was using was built to take advantage of combing Honour vehement with Accept, even after tweaking it to account for the new point changes. So I took Accept. At least his shooting didn't necessitate Uphold.

I went first and used Acclamation to fast move my termies on the middle objective to investigate, sent other units to hold the no man's objectives. A redemptor killed ~17 hybrid? from a blob that spawned from a token. One of his bike units also finished off by helbrecht.

His first turn had purestrain snipe my bladeguard on the one no man's, and a patriarch my eliminators on the other. Thankfully, I still had my rites of war chaplain on the genestealer one, so I went into turn 2 scoring high on primary.

This is where the game basically degenerated into me throwing more supporting units into the objectives to counter charge and shooting exposed stuff with the dreadnoughts. He failed three critical rolls over the rest of the game; aberrants into a tactical squad on the bladeguard/chaplain objective, drill guys into helbrecht, and not killing a redemptor with shooting and needing to use the patriarch to finish it.

When the dust had settled at the end of 5, it was 93-92. For Templars. The terminators scored me 30 points for holding the middle through signals and oath, even though they didn't enter combat once. Pretty happy with the win, even though I really shouldn't have. Making any of those three rolls would have won him the game.

Congrats on the win. One of the guys in my crusade league runs GSC and I find Uphold is usually the best choice against him. His shooting relies on a relatively small number of high strength high AP shots so hurting his wound rolls and AP really puts a dent in his shooting, and his guys have little armor anyways so the extra AP from Assault Doctrine isn't always essential, nor is the consistent +1 A when his melee units really want to finish you off in one round or they risk annihilation.

Congrats on the win. One of the guys in my crusade league runs GSC and I find Uphold is usually the best choice against him. His shooting relies on a relatively small number of high strength high AP shots so hurting his wound rolls and AP really puts a dent in his shooting, and his guys have little armor anyways so the extra AP from Assault Doctrine isn't always essential, nor is the consistent +1 A when his melee units really want to finish you off in one round or they risk annihilation.

Something my friend told me in the post game talk was that his list is really off meta for GSC. Almost all his quality shooting was -2 str 6, and it never really benefited from exposed on the infantry. The aberrants would have blunted a little by Uphold, but I figured they'd come after units that would never beat them in combat, far away from my stronger ones. I expect against a more normal list I'd want uphold.