the BIG 9th edition room

I think the problem is what you miss in this rating. The more competitve you play the more is important to minimize rounds where your units do nothing. And if you have 6" movement and just an impulsor to improve that - you will have problems. Other characters have aura abilities which are so important for each unit which will work from round 1 until the end.

Then its very important in the whole game to put each unit exactly into positions where they could perfrom best ( to use its full potential ). The EC just have 1 task. And for that he is too slow and each opponent can adjust his movements except 3" devout push. They can screen their characters. Although the EC is not really bad against other normal units - his problem is that you will have a problem if an enemy unit can fight back because he has no real defensive abilites except -1 to hit.

The more you will play fluffy games the EC can perform well but we dont talk about B&B games...

No... we talk here about how strong the EC is. If you play narrative game then the power of a unit really is very unimportant. The more competitive you play the game the more you have to choose stronger options. And if you play not compeitive then you should not say " but I think the EC is a strong unit.... bla bla bla".

Its always the same. Just because in a fluff game the emperors champion isnt bad you can blame it as a fact. 

I would never say that you have to play competitve but if you talk about strength and weakness of a unit then you should always see it from the most competitve view.

For me the game is that broken and I really dont like the meta at the moment and for that I prefer playing more casual lists I have fun with. But just because I have success in this games I would not come close to the idea that BT are strong.

=I= This thread has long since served its purpose. The breadth (or complete lack of definition) of the topic is causing too much bickering, so further discussions should be in their own, appropriately focused threads. =I= Edited by Marshal Mattias