the BIG 9th edition room

SO, WHO OF THE KNIGHTS LIKES BIKES?

Because I come bearing more tasty rumours from the playtester:

"Yeah I would hold on to those bikers, they are crazy good."

"crazy good how? Because unless they have any some kind of funky rules all I see are just chainswords and twin both rifles Unless you're referring to the fact that they'll be zipping around with three wounds a 14-inch movement and toughness 5?" (this was me inquiring)

"Yeah they have some other stuff and the profile is better
They be legit tasty for all marine factions especially for ones with bonuses to combat
I think WS, BT, BA, DA, and SW will all do well with a load of these.
I think they may be the most “competitive” choice from the models previewed thus far"

Notice how he specified Black Templars ;)

i switched the color

1Kr9TpC.jpg

Much better!

I do have to agree with what is being said thus far though. I like the CC intercessors, especially if you toss veteran intercessors on them...but they suffer from being slow to get to the enemy. No ranged and they have to walk, as they dont have deep strike or concealed positions. So they rely on expensive transports to get around and the points are already thin in our lists.

SO, WHO OF THE KNIGHTS LIKES BIKES?

Because I come bearing more tasty rumours from the playtester:

"Yeah I would hold on to those bikers, they are crazy good."

"crazy good how? Because unless they have any some kind of funky rules all I see are just chainswords and twin both rifles Unless you're referring to the fact that they'll be zipping around with three wounds a 14-inch movement and toughness 5?" (this was me inquiring)

"Yeah they have some other stuff and the profile is better

They be legit tasty for all marine factions especially for ones with bonuses to combat

I think WS, BT, BA, DA, and SW will all do well with a load of these.

I think they may be the most “competitive” choice from the models previewed thus far"

Notice how he specified Black Templars :wink:

I'm assuming some kind of mortal wound impact hits mechanic, plus we do have rerolls to charge making hitting combat easier.

i switched the color

1Kr9TpC.jpg

Much better!

I do have to agree with what is being said thus far though. I like the CC intercessors, especially if you toss veteran intercessors on them...but they suffer from being slow to get to the enemy. No ranged and they have to walk, as they dont have deep strike or concealed positions. So they rely on expensive transports to get around and the points are already thin in our lists.

That's in 8th edition. We'll see how it works in 9th because they were talking about changing how reserves work.

In 9th you'll be able to outflank units, going by what they said on stream.

If so these assault Intercessors won't have much difficulty getting across the board.

Not much conversion required to make these guys into Templars. Loving the new feel for Primaris, as I wasn’t a fan of the spec ops style stuff with Vanguard. New stuff is so much better for us!

med_gallery_72111_11908_26082.jpeg

med_gallery_72111_11908_439786.jpeg

Edited by JAG Templar

So it occurs to me that if they are shooting at your melee intercessors, they aren't shooting at something else. The bikes feel like a good distraction carnifex. At the moment, there are too many unknowns. Regardless, I like the options better than nothing at the very least.

Hmm I was thinking it'd be relatively simple for someone with GS skills and a bit of cutting to cover the top torso with cloth, so the tabard is worn properly on top of the armor.

But now I notice the chest wings go all the way up over the gorget... you'd need a lot of cutting and filing, lest the chest portrude a lot. 

Ugh, i need to see them from multiple angles.

Well the ones who just hang from the waist aren't actual tabards, thosed be loincloths.

Technically, these aren't tabards even, but aprons.

(A real tabard goes on top of the armor, on both the front and back. Forgeworlds Sigismund model has a proper tabard. As does Grimaldus. But the ones in like our venerable old upgrade sprues? Aprons. Regardless, I do love my BT aprons, but I digress)

These ones are the same style of """tabard""" as our old upgrade kit, except they're wearing the large chestpiece on top of it, which is a bit strange.

Edited by Reinhard

Well the ones who just hang from the waist aren't actual tabards, thosed be loincloths.

Technically, these aren't tabards even, but aprons.

(A real tabard goes on top of the armor, on both the front and back. Forgeworlds Sigismund model has a proper tabard. As does Grimaldus. But the ones in like our venerable old upgrade sprues? Aprons. Regardless, I do love my BT aprons, but I digress)

These ones are the same style of """tabard""" as our old upgrade kit, except they're wearing the large chestpiece on top of it, which is a bit strange.

For badness, I should label one with "kiss the cook"

well yes, but this looks like a white round, thing around the mouth area, or what I guess is the mouth area? My point is, what I'm seeing doesn't look like a marine breather mask. But,  honestly I shouldn't be talking about what it looks like, given that I'm not really making sense of the stuff around his head area to begin with.

intercessors have Astartes Chainswords.

As opposed to human or standard Chainswords? That's interesting

Yeah. It noted it in one of their citations so there must be a rules difference if they intentionally drew attention to it. I'm excited for this. I've held off on Primaris for my Templars but this might make me go all in.