the BIG 9th edition room

I think I'd be more likely to use Firstborn for the ranged weapon choices than access to chainswords - not a huge point cost to make them Assault Intercessors for a big buff to damage output and wounds.

But then you need Impulsors and they are gone up to 131 points

a squad of 5 assault intercessors + hammer cost 110.

241 points

razorback with twin las 120

and 5 crusaders + hammer + fist cost 100.

220 points

241 points

220 points

Or, to put it another way for 20 more points you're getting an extra wound on the tank, 5 wounds on the troops and assault vehicle?

I really need to get an impulsor...

I expected nothing positive. For the point costs and for the FAQs. At least its the best thing i have expected so far. My other armies suffers a lot like my Drukhari and Craftworlds...  normally its always the opposite. So I think thats great news except the point costs for Impulsors 

241 points

220 points

Or, to put it another way for 20 more points you're getting an extra wound on the tank, 5 wounds on the troops and assault vehicle?

I really need to get an impulsor...

Exactly if you're paying points for an elite unit (face it all marines are), a 20pt upgrade to get all that (don't forget an extra attack!) is a no-brainer.

I expected nothing positive. For the point costs and for the FAQs. At least its the best thing i have expected so far. My other armies suffers a lot like my Drukhari and Craftworlds... normally its always the opposite. So I think thats great news except the point costs for Impulsors

Agreed. The rumored point increases for Drukhari are absurd. 9 point kabalites? 12 point wyches?

I thought the FAQ's were going to address alot more than they actually did. Storm shields, chain swords, I mean I guess deleting power of the machine spirit is one way of "addressing" it but it feels crappy. 

Realized, in the Indomitus box rules Chaplains chant litanies during the Command Phase. There was no such update addressing codex Chaplains, what the heck is going on there?

The rules are all kinds of confusing and a mess right now. I don't want to play 9th with pieces of information not matching up like this. 

I shall keep my zeal and still finish painting these initiates I am working on. My crusade has no primaris, and my wallet has no room for them. I must make due with what I have.

The emperor protects.

My entire current painted army is around 70 crusaders, old marines and initiates, some terminators, a few dreads, drop pods, tanks and a couple of LRC’s and characters. I don’t think it’s fully 2,000 points but it’s zero primaris (most of it is from when I got into Templars in 4th and 5th.

What we lack in cool models we make up for in zeal!

Honestly speaking we came out really nicely, everyone of our units were given a gentle tap, except for cenobytes. Cenobytes if really 6ppms not 6 points per squad are basically dead in water. But otherwise? Crusader Squad's are back to where they should, at equal points to Tacts and Scouts. Our characters got a gentle tap, of only 5 points. 

Like the case of Intercessors vs Crusaders.

20 Points: 3 Attacks (4 on Charge), that are strength 4 AP - 1. So roughly 7 points an attack (5 points if we count the pistol. Charge bonus is 3.33 points). At 2 wounds. I.e 10 points a wound. 

30 Points. 2 (3 Attacks on Charge), that are Strength 4 AP -1. Then 2 (3 attacks on charge) that are Strength 4 AP -. If you are pessimistic come codex (or maybe another faq in two weeks), its 4 Attacks at Strength 4 AP 0. For around 6 points an attack (8 point an attack, 5 points with pistols. Charge bonus makes it 4 points an attack). At 2 wounds i.e. 15 points a model.  

So they aren't different and that is also me rounding. You 33% less defense in terms of wounds per point. You are slightly less efficient in attacks but that is assuming, we don't get Astartes chainswords and doesn't include Neo's reroll to hit naturally. In grand scheme, of things they aren't that much more or less inefficient that actual primaris just really in grand scheme just different. 

I thought the FAQ's were going to address alot more than they actually did. Storm shields, chain swords, I mean I guess deleting power of the machine spirit is one way of "addressing" it but it feels crappy. 

Realized, in the Indomitus box rules Chaplains chant litanies during the Command Phase. There was no such update addressing codex Chaplains, what the heck is going on there?

The rules are all kinds of confusing and a mess right now. I don't want to play 9th with pieces of information not matching up like this. 

I think this FAQ is made because such drastic Things like 1+ save -->2++

And Maybe there are much more book in the Pipeline then we think and thats why each Point increases are just made by scheme

Edited by Medjugorje

Honestly speaking we came out really nicely, everyone of our units were given a gentle tap, except for cenobytes. Cenobytes if really 6ppms not 6 points per squad are basically dead in water. But otherwise? Crusader Squad's are back to where they should, at equal points to Tacts and Scouts. Our characters got a gentle tap, of only 5 points. 

Like the case of Intercessors vs Crusaders.

20 Points: 3 Attacks (4 on Charge), that are strength 4 AP - 1. So roughly 7 points an attack (5 points if we count the pistol. Charge bonus is 3.33 points). At 2 wounds. I.e 10 points a wound. 

30 Points. 2 (3 Attacks on Charge), that are Strength 4 AP -1. Then 2 (3 attacks on charge) that are Strength 4 AP -. If you are pessimistic come codex (or maybe another faq in two weeks), its 4 Attacks at Strength 4 AP 0. For around 6 points an attack (8 point an attack, 5 points with pistols. Charge bonus makes it 4 points an attack). At 2 wounds i.e. 15 points a model.  

So they aren't different and that is also me rounding. You 33% less defense in terms of wounds per point. You are slightly less efficient in attacks but that is assuming, we don't get Astartes chainswords and doesn't include Neo's reroll to hit naturally. In grand scheme, of things they aren't that much more or less inefficient that actual primaris just really in grand scheme just different. 

And then you also have to think about the fairly even proliferation of D2 weapons out there, against which Firstborn come up trumps (opponent has wasted points). Horses and courses!

correct me if i am wrong. aggressors now get all their weapons at 0 points? i.e., get a hugely increased basic cost , but that seems to include gauntlets/grenade launchers? if so then they also didnt suffer that hard.

vanguards also seem buffed- +2 points is, like, super gentle. a unit of 10 wrecking face will cost +20 points whereas a unit of 10 tacticals costs +30? lol.

Edited by MarshalMittermeier

Same here.

About 2500 pts painted firstborn and 10 reivers because i think they looked cool.

I shall keep my zeal and still finish painting these initiates I am working on. My crusade has no primaris, and my wallet has no room for them. I must make due with what I have.

The emperor protects.

My entire current painted army is around 70 crusaders, old marines and initiates, some terminators, a few dreads, drop pods, tanks and a couple of LRC’s and characters. I don’t think it’s fully 2,000 points but it’s zero primaris (most of it is from when I got into Templars in 4th and 5th.

What we lack in cool models we make up for in zeal!