the BIG 9th edition room

Valrak has given quite a few rumors that never came to fruition.

This is the one of the reasons I've more or less stopped doing rumour videos on my channel, people take rumours for facts instead of taking them as just rumours, that and people make you the source of them. I'm sure some people will think it's just for clicks, but my only honest intention was to just talk about said rumours and theorise what it could mean for the lore etc, gets me excited.

On the point of the Templars, you won't be let down, that's all I can say at this point.

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak

Let's imagine GW decided to go absolutely full-throttle with BT - what would be on your wishlist? :teehee:

- Rubicon Helbrecht

- Rubicon Grimaldus

- Primaris EC

- New Special Character (perhaps a Lieutenant equivalent?)

- Crusader Primaris kit (completely non-standard Primaris squad, mix of ranged and melee weapons, beautiful boxed kit with loads of Templar gubbins)

- Sword Brethren Primaris kit (kind of like Bladeguard but non-standard loadouts, mix of options)

- Crusader Repulsor 

- Chaplain Redemptor

:biggrin.:

Edited by Brother Kraskor

On the point of the Templars, you won't be let down, that's all I can say at this point.

Is that because it's practically impossible to make the Templar rules any more lacklustre than they are right now so any release will count as a good release?

Is that because it's practically impossible to make the Templar rules any more lacklustre than they are right now so any release will count as a good release?

Never say it's impossible! :teehee:

"Black Templars: Righteous Zeal

You may model your Black Templars miniatures with the Templar cross on their left shoulder. This confers no in-game benefit."

I dunno, they're not that bad right now, there's just fewer of them.

BT are hardly bad, we have a lot of really great movement tricks and are super durable with our litany of Divine protection and 5+ against MW.  We're a finesse army for sure, but much better than most people give us credit for

I said lacklustre, that is not the same as saying they are bad.

Lackluster is;

3 Superb Characters

2 Unique Units

1 Psuedo Unique Unit if Vigilus is Allowed

4 Amazing Relics

Brev,

Sword,

Helm

Aurellian

1 Situationally awesome but otherwise meh relic Witchseeker

Aurelian and Sword could belong hear too admittedly

HandGrenade (w/ Vigilus)

1 Bad relics

Pysker Smiter

4 Amazing Strategems:

Devout

Emperor’s Will

NoRetreat

Abhor

Suffer Not (Vigilus)

MehGem:

Mortal Reflector

Sgt Strat

BadGem:

Scout Strat (and only cause scouts are meh)

LRC Strat (and only cause LRC are bad tbf)

Uphold Strat (Vigilus)

Litany table:

3 awesome

+1 Attack Litany

FNP Liteny

Fervant Acclimation

2 Meh/Situational

Castallen Aura

FightFirst

1 Bad

-LD Aura

WT:

3 Good Traits

Frontline

MasterSwords (Vigilus)

Physic Deny (Situational Admittedly)

3 Troll/Meh Traits

6” HI (its only ‘bad’ b/c take WT slot)

FightFirst

StormOfFire (Melee) (Doctrines make it :( but I wanted this trait sense V1 Marines. So while belated still :))

1 Bad Trait:

Mortal Round on Charge

—————

If that lackluster I hate to see what is bad or even “interesting” then. And more so

Our rules are fantastic and perfectly representative. We don’t hit as hard or debatably as fast while we Inheritor Sigismund Legacy we are Scions of Dorn (not saying we have access to IF Rules), and we do not give ground, we don’t budge, for we make our stand and do not falter.

Our rules increase our defenses several times over and in many ways. We don’t hit hard but we will never budge.

Edited by Schlitzaf

I wasn't referring to rules.

I am!  :wacko.:

They've just got to include Vows in any future supplement. Only costs the paper it's written on to produce, yet has such a far-reaching flavour impact for the army.

Looking at Underworlds, I'm liking the Inspiration mechanic. I could go for something like that with Vows, where buffs are earned for achieving specific objectives over the course of the game, or meeting some conditions. 

I wasn't referring to rules.

I am!  :wacko.:

I never focus on rules, rules change, love for my models is eternal :wub: :biggrin.:

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak

Well, knowing how from the past how it seems to work: someone working somewhere in the chain from GW to distributor, leaks something to Valrak because he's prominent in the hobby. Valrak then chats about it, and on the whole, is accurate. Then I would say that is substantial enough for me. 

If Valrak says we should be happy, (and that's coupled with the fact that Sete's rumour source has independently said something similar, AND Laeroth has recently suggested that something is in the pipeline, AND, heck, even War Com as much as said our supplement is coming so here's the Index to tide you over, (because let's be honest, GW was never going to let us keep using our special rules for free.) then I'm happy.

What I don't want to happen however, is what happened with the Salamanders and Imperial Fists supplements. Where someone leaked potato pics of Tor Garadon and Adrax Agatone early. GW then were forced to announce them early, and the whole release became a bit meh because GW had to do damage limitation when they lost control of the narrative and all the fun was sucked out of it.

Therefore, I sincerely don't want any leaked, low res, poor angle, dodgy photographs showing me the future ahead of schedule. I want to be sitting in front of my telly/laptop watching Twitch with the full hype train when it goes down; before instantly getting on here and Facebook to scream about it with everyone else who just found out at the same moment. Like with Indomitus, which was awesome.

Edited by Brother Adelard

I dont care if there are leaks. As long as the models, the lore and the rules are good. If I could choose big spoiler + good content VS no spoiler + X... I would take the biggest spoiler a 100 percent.

EDIT: there is another thread for rumors:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/367408-wishlist-for-a-supplement/

Edited by Medjugorje

Coming out in top 5 at perth GT

https://www.goonhammer.com/competitive-innovations-in-9th-objective-secured-perth-gt/

Never seen our army reach top 5 this often, hope the supplement doesn't buff us too much, don't want the iron hands treatment.

Otherwise block of 10 assault terminators seems to be a common deployment.