the BIG 9th edition room

I would love to see a return of Surpressors, perhaps with a slight redesign that has more visible thrusters on them to show they're proper jump units?

With Gravis for example, every single new kit since Calgar and onwards have adressed the two most common complaints heard about that design (the hood has toned WAY down, and they all have proper belts now)

A small Omnis pattern release wave, that also include some proper jump infantry melee units, would be golden in my view.

Edited by Reinhard

I would love to see a return of Surpressors, perhaps with a slight redesign that has more visible thrusters on them to show they're proper jump units?

With Gravis for example, every single new kit since Calgar and onwards have adressed the two most common complaints heard about that design (the hood has toned WAY down, and they all have proper belts now)

A small Omnis pattern release wave, that also include some proper jump infantry melee units, would be golden in my view.

Omnis with single turbine packs (like Sanguinary Guard, minus the wings) would be perfect.

They feel a bit strange to me being heavy weapons that are obviously on a mobile platform. They will always be at -1 to hit.

Edit: And they compare unfavourably to Inceptors imo. Plasma Inceptors are tougher, more wounds, and provide more dakka for not an enormous difference in price. I have been thinking about fielding a ten-man TH/SS Terminator squad with plasma Inceptors peeking over their shields to form a dangerous mobile firebase.

Edited by Brother Kraskor

They feel a bit strange to me being heavy weapons that are obviously on a mobile platform. They will always be at -1 to hit.

Edit: And they compare unfavourably to Inceptors imo. Plasma Inceptors are tougher, more wounds, and provide more dakka for not an enormous difference in price. I have been thinking about fielding a ten-man TH/SS Terminator squad with plasma Inceptors peeking over their shields to form a dangerous mobile firebase.

I think so too. They dont fit with our ct, doctrine or stratagems. In some games they can be very helpful while in other games they are wasted

• 2 weeks later...

Brothers, what do you think to equipping a Judiciar with the Honour Vehement and combo with 5 Bladeguard in an Impulsor. I'm thinking of pulling the Devout Push trick here, the Honour Vehement would still allow them to claim +1A even though they didn't charge. Could also give the Judiciar the trait Rites of War so that once they've killed whatever was on the objective they can dig in and hold it, or move to contest another.

Brothers, what do you think to equipping a Judiciar with the Honour Vehement and combo with 5 Bladeguard in an Impulsor. I'm thinking of pulling the Devout Push trick here, the Honour Vehement would still allow them to claim +1A even though they didn't charge. Could also give the Judiciar the trait Rites of War so that once they've killed whatever was on the objective they can dig in and hold it, or move to contest another.

I used that option alot before the new codex. 

Since the Impulsor is that bad I dont play that combo anymore...

Do anyone of you play a Judiciar successful (in terms of winning tournaments or win against high ranking TOP players ?)

more important is the lost keyword "fly" so you cannot hide it behind some walls. If the enemy have first round there is no impulsor anymore... Just being good if you have first round is too bad for investing 125 +85 points just for putting a BGV unit into someting.

How come the Impulsor is so bad? Is it because it lost 4++? It still poses a big threat range to deliver Bladeguard, and with a Judiciar they will strike first, is this so bad?

I think because GeeDub made everything so expensive pointwise for marines in general. You want to keep the most core so unfortunately transports are the first thing to go not being absolutely necessary.

so I watched a batrep on tabletop Titans yesterday and Brian Pullen was playing Templars... wow no real clue how our faction works at even the most basic level.

Yeah he barely used our rules and considering he was playing against another melee army Im surprised he didnt just pull back on the first turn, forced the demons to come to him and counter-charge with the Terminators, sure it sounds easy on paper but he did nothing to keep his Terminators safe and just threw them into nothing and the really fast Keeper of Secrets just reached to them and kill both squads. It was a really rough game that was basically over by turn 2.

more important is the lost keyword "fly" so you cannot hide it behind some walls. If the enemy have first round there is no impulsor anymore... Just being good if you have first round is too bad for investing 125 +85 points just for putting a BGV unit into someting.

How come the Impulsor is so bad? Is it because it lost 4++? It still poses a big threat range to deliver Bladeguard, and with a Judiciar they will strike first, is this so bad?

I think because GeeDub made everything so expensive pointwise for marines in general. You want to keep the most core so unfortunately transports are the first thing to go not being absolutely necessary.

So better to footslog the Bladeguard you reckon? 

Tbh, the Impulsor having fly was stupid. It's not a Wave Serpent. But, it should have a Hover rule which means it can ignore some terrain features.

A Stratagem for a special boost which give him fly for one round would be ok ( in the lore and in game)

At the moment we have a Melter meta, so no vehicle is really good except being undercosted

So better to footslog the Bladeguard you reckon?

Strategic Reserves is a good fit. Also lets you pop out with hellbrecht for a re-rollable charge with +1.

Interesting re: reserves. Is making an 8" charge with a re-roll that reliable? Or might they end up being left out to dry a bit?

Separate point, I guess with Helbrecht they will be S6 and that helps overcome hardier opponents. Whereas the Chapter Master is not allowed to sit with them in an Impulsor (the scandal!).

Edited by Brother Kraskor

Interesting re: reserves. Is making an 8" charge with a re-roll that reliable? Or might they end up being left out to dry a bit?

Separate point, I guess with Helbrecht they will be S6 and that helps overcome hardier opponents. Whereas the Chapter Master is not allowed to sit with them in an Impulsor (the scandal!).

Exactly. Odds aren't my favorite to charge at 8" but the only way I know to make it better is:

1. Add a chaplain to ad +2", which gives you a 7" re-rollable

2. If the enemy comes close to your board edge the 9" restriction is lifted. This can be paired with baiting units to the back edge.

I started playing BT when they arrived in 3rd edition. It was love at first sight. In the old Box-set there have been BT vs Dark Eldar.

Because noone else collected them or wanted to start them I collected them too. But with time I found a lot of love for them too, so thats why I am active in the DE subforum only while I play many armies and being more active on forums which use my mother tongue.

But what I found in the discussion about "popularity of drukhari" brought me some ideas for our crusading fleet chapter.

GW had realised that resculpting units is not that lucrative as to sell new units. Thats why just very old sculpts getting a resculpt. You can see that on the first founding chapter models which were released with last codex, Primaris Marines in general and Sisters of battle. 

But what did this meaning for us? hmm,.. our last real update is much older then the drukhari line, we used to be a very very popular chapter ( still you can see  how popular we are while getting no real special releases for mor then a decade). Maybe we will get a much bigger release then just a supplement and one character modell like rumor about helbrecht. Maybe the strategy of GW is to put a chapter in front a time period and then another next to Ultramarines. I mean whats a better time then now after 3 years of market research + an edition where close combat is that important and the new Marines fit perfect for a BT army and faith is a big thing in the new lore.

Or maybe we will stay where we are. Helbrecht was just a rumor and we will find ourselves in a supplement for many other later founding chapters.