the BIG 9th edition room

I would have prefered him remain faceless, personally Ive always imagined him bald and with a darker complexion like Helbrecht so Im gonna keep thinking of him that way because the official one looks too generic for me. Edited by redmapa

I like the "kind eyes" Richard Boylan style too. But it seems he is very young at this time. I like the idea that this is the current time line face where he is older. Grimaldus is very young at Helsreach, he was the youngest Sword Brethren ever recorded and not for long Reclusiarch when he he fought on helsreach.

Edited by Medjugorje

I like the "kind eyes" Richard Boylan style too. But it seems he is very young at this time. I like the idea that this is the current time line face where he is older. Grimaldus is very young at Helsreach, he was the youngest Sword Brethren ever recorded and not for long Reclusiarch when he he fought on helsreach.

he's still over 200, he mentions it upon the death of one of the Templars at the docks. 

As for my thoughts, I don't like this artwork's portrayal of him. I would have preferred him to have a shaven head; the crew cut is too standard, too "soldier" for me. 

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

to be honest... I like it.

there's no shame there, taste is subjective and  everyone is entitled to their own. Which clearly makes you an abhorrent abomination for liking sucha disgrace that dares to claim the title of artwork. I'm kidding ofc. Or am I? :devil:

Reiver Lt & a Chaplain with Vow of Retribution - is there anything in it? Or is morale too tame for it to be properly effective. Could add Fervent Acclamation to enhance range of both auras, so at 9" you're -2 Ld and 6" you're -4. Means they'd have to get in the thick of it.

Edit: Add on the fear WL trait, now enemy units are at -5 Ld and failing attrition on 2s. If you could get these two in amongst an enemy formation, take a couple casualties off each unit, suddenly they're failing Ld on 2s (Ld 8 MEQ example) and then losing one model and an additional 1/3rd of the unit without any kind of save allowed, completely bypassing any shenanigans. 

Edited by Brother Kraskor

he's still over 200, he mentions it upon the death of one of the Templars at the docks.

As for my thoughts, I don't like this artwork's portrayal of him. I would have preferred him to have a shaven head; the crew cut is too standard, too "soldier" for me.

But you know who is mental young? Helbrecht.

In the time it took Grimaldus to go from Sword Brother to Reclusiarch. Helbrecht went from Neophyte to Chapter Master.

CM9QpUKIoi97PMoe.png

GW actually went a painted a primaris marine in Templar colours.

For those in the never ending war of "What is the right shoulder pad colours?" it seems black and red for veterans is no longer in favour.

Edited by Banjulhu

Afraid to say that’s old news brother, it caused quite a bit of uproar here last year but if I remember correctly the painter said that he’d painted it like that so that it was more recognisable as a Black Templar to the majority of the hobbyists out there, not as a retcon to our glorious Sword Brothers colours.

GW actually went a painted a primaris marine in Templar colours.

For those in the never ending war of "What is the right shoulder pad colours?" it seems black and red for veterans is no longer in favour.

Afraid to say that’s old news brother, it caused quite a bit of uproar here last year but if I remember correctly the painter said that he’d painted it like that so that it was more recognisable as a Black Templar to the majority of the hobbyists out there, not as a retcon to our glorious Sword Brothers colours.

The model was painted by Max Faleij - the lack of Sword Brethren colours on this model has been discussed in a couple of WarComm interviews with him - the long and the short of it was that they painted him black and white a) because it'd be more recognisable to those new to the hobby and b) that Templars probably had a whole lot more marines in that sort of kit going about crusading, and that many of them wouldn't have achieved the rank of Sword Brother yet.

I remember him joking around saying something to the effect of "You're charging around with a relic sword beating up enemies of the Imperium? That makes you the best of the best in your chapter? Oh, cool, sounds like a Tuesday for us [black Templars]".

Exactly as Valdr writes, I don't think Sword Brethren are going anywhere anytime soon - sounds like there's still plenty of appreciation for them there, they just chose not to paint one on this instance.