the BIG 9th edition room

What did they do as BT that they wouldn't do better in another chapter? @medjugorje

Nothing. But I think my problem in most games is that often there is no space to "devot push" Eradicators into safe space back. If they coming out and shoot something, then they will be dead after. Same with Trikes - except for 5+++ and 4++ for one round (and even then they will die fast) becaus of range.

I think 90 points for an unit which has BS 2+ and 1+ in cover could be very strong against a lot of enemies. I have to try them against other lists but especially against Volkite it was very strong -->2+ save (even against MArines you still can roll on 2+ because the doctrine ist just -1ap) and against Mortal wounds we have 5+++.

36" is a good range and if the enemy has some good shooting we can still give them 4++ and 6+++ in first round. BS 2+ with Captain/Helbrecht reroll 1.

I think our biggest problem is anti-tank.

For anti tank I'm really eyeing up that gladiator (valiant variant). 8 AT shots a turn on a T8 frame with 12 wound for 210 points is pretty good.

^^^

Lol I had the points mixed up on the variants, the valiant is 230, not 210, yeah my bad lol this isn't good then. 

180-185 points would be quite noice.

would be still too expensive.

Look how strong Eradicators are in comparison. Core, better keyords, way cheaper,... can hide, can be buffed. 

Erads are also slow as hell, literally half the movement of the Gladiator. Also Gladiators can get the Smoke Launcher keyword which is pretty powerful. There's also a MASSIVE durability boost between T5 and T8. Only the most powerful weapons in the game are going to wound you on anything better than a 5+ 

I'm not saying that the gladiator chassis isn't still a bit too expensive or that it's better than Erads, but Erads aren't honestly the best melta platform anyway.  MM attack bikes are much better IMO

I sat down this morning and decided to rationalise my bits box for the future. I threw out all of my old firstborn Boltguns, heads, blank pads and a load of old special weapons. I've been keeping these thing for ages, but considering I have no plans to buy more Firstborn models, I will likely never use these bits.

I then went through my remaining chapter upgrade sprues, and worked out what I could salvage. I took the chainswords off the arms at the manacles, clipped purity seals off weapons and even clipped the tiny Maltese crosses off one of the boltgun types. All of these things seem to me to be possibly useful. New chainswords aren't much bigger than the old ones, and keeping the manacles is a lot easier on line troops than looping chain around weapons.

One of the things I couldn't bring myself to chuck however, were the Tabard torsos. I don't know what to do with them, but throwing them in particular seemed like heresy.

180-185 points would be quite noice.

would be still too expensive.

Look how strong Eradicators are in comparison. Core, better keyords, way cheaper,... can hide, can be buffed. 

Erads are also slow as hell, literally half the movement of the Gladiator. Also Gladiators can get the Smoke Launcher keyword which is pretty powerful. There's also a MASSIVE durability boost between T5 and T8. Only the most powerful weapons in the game are going to wound you on anything better than a 5+ 

I'm not saying that the gladiator chassis isn't still a bit too expensive or that it's better than Erads, but Erads aren't honestly the best melta platform anyway.  MM attack bikes are much better IMO

I dont deny that Trikes are that good. Of course they are way better then any tanks or Eradicators. But at the moment each heavy weaopon have 3+d3 dmg means a dead trike. And most times I play with them I have to go threw buildings/terrain what is not possible for Trikes. Thats why I still prefer Eradicators... but thats a personal thing.

In general I think we have big problems to deal with heavy things outside from units which are buffed by our characters - even Trikes and Eradicators need that 4++ and 6+++ defensive and rerolls from Helbrecht.

I had so many heads, particularly non-templar ones, and I have a wodge of heavy bolt pistols from reiver kits. (Tbh, GW have been a bit inconsistent with what a heavy bolt pistols looks like, so who cares? I may even use some of the old chained ones on some assault intercessors, just call them chapter relics.

Space was becoming tight.

I had so many heads, particularly non-templar ones, and I have a wodge of heavy bolt pistols from reiver kits. (Tbh, GW have been a bit inconsistent with what a heavy bolt pistols looks like, so who cares? I may even use some of the old chained ones on some assault intercessors, just call them chapter relics.

Space was becoming tight.

Hahaha... i am the opposite. I bought another 5 if GW decide not produce the old upgrade sprue anymore.

If you put it from the sprue in a bitz box then it is enough space for everything. 

• 2 weeks later...

It never hurts to have a lot of head s.

I think thats what gw thought also. I just got the assault intercessor kit and there's a ton of heads..

Nice for kit bashing.

But if Adelard wants to part with stuff, Im game for postage to europe

• 1 month later...

all this rumors and hype about the new supplement beside. What is your current state. Do you play more or less games now? 

I am wondering because the "Space Marines army lists" thread is full of lists with SW, DA and others but no BT list. 

I have not played a 40k game since 6th edition. I play 6mm templars (epic) regularly, however. :whistling:

all this rumors and hype about the new supplement beside. What is your current state. Do you play more or less games now? 

I am wondering because the "Space Marines army lists" thread is full of lists with SW, DA and others but no BT list. 

Total Battles / BT battles (inc. "soup") per edition:

6th: 45/33

7th: 5/3

8th: 21/3

9th: 3/0

So yeah, my "glory days" were indeed in 6th edition :P Just when I finally was getting into the swing of things again, Nurgle intervened.

I'm really not too impressed with 9th so far. Like 8th, it's indeed so bloated. There are some good changes, but also bad ones. It feels more "gamey" while still not being in any way balanced. And the exponentially escalating level of firepower has made the turn system even more sucky.

Anyway. I should be playing a more in the near future, I hope, including with BT. Crimson Fists are my "competitive" army and my main army during 8th, and it's been tricky to play casually because it just tends to wreck opponents in those, while still losing in tournaments if the one I attended during 8th was any indication of the latter. So, my BT will hopefully be more casual-friendly... certainly it'll still be mostly oldmarines. I don't really have BT Primaris plans beyond the new kits (only duplicate is likely to be the SB box assuming two makes a full squad) and of course Bladeguard and Assault Intercessors.

Would be very hard for me to play less. I've actually given up on socializing and am just going to solohammer if I feel like a game.

9th looks okay, I played like three games of 8th, so the changes aren't super noticeable to me. I mostly paint and collect, especially nowadays.

Not played as many games as I hoped to have done, but it is understandable given the current situation.

I've played 6 games so far with the 9th Edition Codex. Won 2, Lost 4.

Although I dont play TTS i played 11 (7/4) games in tournaments with my BT (even more with my DE) and i cannot count how much games in my gaming club. At least one per week..

I enjoying the new edition as much as I could. I love the 9th edition

I've played zero games in 9th because all the stores havent opened their play spaces yet due to covid. It sucks! But whatever Im just painting my IG stuff and waiting for everything to open back up and even if I cant play I will still buy the army box because I want to see the rules and fluff as soon as possible.