Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Shadowstalkers - Silver's SW blog

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

SilverShire

SilverShire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts

So Saga of the Beast has made me want to revisit my space wolves and change up their paint scheme a little (darken the standard baby blue). I'll be posting updates of what I paint and I also plan on writing up my battle reports (When we are allowed out to play!). Any and all feedback is very welcome. I hope you like what you see! Stay safe guys 

First up is my first Wulfen model that I finished a couple days ago! 

Wulfen no.1

Is there anything I could do to improve him? 

• Lord Ragnarok, Valerian, Triszin and 2 others like this

For a constant stream of painting updates, check my Instagram SilverShire_Gaming

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Wulfen looks nice! It's quite above tabletop standard. :)

• SilverShire likes this

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

NightHowler

NightHowler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,073 posts
  • Faction: The Hand at the Gate
The only way I can see to improve him would be to base him. If you’ve never based before, don’t be nervous about it, it’s actually way easier than you’d imagine and there are tons of great tutorials on YouTube that you can just follow along.

As far as paint jobs go though, he’s beautiful. I wouldn’t change a thing!
  • SilverShire likes this

"By the River fettered Fenrir will lie till draws nigh the doom of the Gods." - Frey, Lokasenna: 41

SilverShire

SilverShire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts

Thanks guys!

Yeah I am going to base him when the rest of the squad are finished.

For a constant stream of painting updates, check my Instagram SilverShire_Gaming

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,532 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job on the Wulfen.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

SilverShire

SilverShire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts

Finished my Wulfen pack leader today. I'm not a fan of the 'classic' Y pose, prefer the charging wolverine a lot more!

Wulfen 2 - Pack Leader

Hoping to have the rest of the unit finished by the weekend, and then I'll get round to basing them NightHowler msn-wink.gif

• Valerian, TiguriusX, NightHowler and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,532 posts
I commend your skills in painting and detailing the model.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Nice painting! The pose works better than the box cover pose.

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,937 posts
  • Faction: Conclave of Shadows

looking good. I like the depth in the face. I'm not sure what shade of grey I want to paint my wolves. I want them darker...scarier. One small suggestion. May need another layer on the white markings on the kneepad.

Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

SilverShire

SilverShire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts

Well its been a long time since I last painted a model and ironically building up to blue Monday my motivation to paint again started to grow. So here is the first model I have painted in a very long time!

IMG 3849

• Beef, Triszin, Bjorn Firewalker and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,532 posts
Good job on making William Wallace a Son of Russ.

SilverShire

SilverShire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts

haha thanks. I was watching Vikings the other day and really liked the warpaint look so thought I would try it out. 

QuarterPounder

QuarterPounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
  • Faction: Desert Ravens, Space Wolves
Really, really good stuff! I love the approach to the Bladeguard Captain. I liked that you added an immense amount of character with relatively minor changes (shield and head) to an already characterful model. Plus the woad paint is fantastic!
  • SilverShire likes this
Homebrew Chapter: The Desert Ravens

Not to be confused with the Dessert Ravens, a traitor chapter dedicated solely to pursuing all things covered in an excess of sugar.

SilverShire

SilverShire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts

Thanks QP! As you say the model is already really characterful and I didn't want to add too much and risk it looking cluttered 

Beef

Beef

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,243 posts
  • Location:The Drinking Halls of Fenris or South London as its sometimes called
  • Faction: SPACE WOLVES

Just to add that Bladegaurd look amazing.  The painting look awesome.  As other have said good work on the war paint.

As for the Wulfen they look great also.  Personally not a fan of the actual GW models but thats just me.

AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P
[img=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/vittorio_13/3ForBeef.gif]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users