Wraagh! The Green tide approaches.

Hello all, decided to start an Ork army with the new Ghazghkull model pushing me just over that line. Looking forward to the conversion opportunities, kit bashing and fun that this should bring. I know this is mainly PA forum but this is where I am and wanted to share with everyone here. 

I've got a stack of boxes ready to go. But I'll start with the beast himself. Not overly happy with the new style claw so made it more of a classic looking ork claw. 

OM7maOV.jpg

y7YIqQq.jpg

W4PUovV.jpg

Also the gun is almost marine in its uniform design, so mixed it up a little.

mVa6VVE.jpg

nDAfRSv.jpg

Likely stick some broken shards of metal bolted on but still wip.

Start on the base, idea is to have him standing on a shattered Imperial Aquila. 

NsYM1Lg.jpg

Will have left overs to use on other bases :smile.:

Thanks both.

@MetalMammoth, lol,  and haven't given the boots to much thought yet. I don't mind the claws but we'll see what happens when I get to it shortly. 

Backed the Aquilla with some cork to give it some depth. Then broke it up. 

oasjS2m.jpg

ODLu0rz.jpg

8zqiB28.jpg 

Will be filling in the gaps with the usual battle field rubble and such this afternoon. 

Not being overly happy with the current Ghazghkull head, being the glaringly obvious small head. I decided to use his old metal head I had kicking around. Attached to the neck part and gave him a bigger collar... much better. Also looks like Ghazghkull, which helps. 

nTAF6mB.jpg

Ia9DAPw.jpg

Not hating on Ultras here, but with the Goffs paint scheme a blue will stand out fairly good. Was going to a Black Templar as I have plenty of bits. But felt it would blend into the rest of the model to much. 

dT97UDX.jpg

T2uztl9.jpg

3D1zVFw.jpg

nbhU7wt.jpg

Edited by Eberious

Thanks.

Decided to give him some extra ammo. Moved stuff around to make way for a ammo drum that will feed the main gun. Supports are intended to be like a clamp, when the ammo is spent, hit the lever at the bottom of his power plant and it drops the drum ready to slam in a new one. Is the thought process behind it anyways. 

1kohy8r.jpg

j5Dli3n.jpg

rEINB6Y.jpg

bFCI86X.jpg

Edited by Eberious

Finished modelling Ghaz. You know that feeling when you finish a fun model but didn't want to end.... oh well there is a 2nd large warboss planned using the Orruk megaboss from AOS. 

wtN9t8M.jpg

korhOTS.jpg

zaf9nWm.jpg

Gun feed, 

TshFMhZ.jpg

G45n0pF.jpg

Klaw

Q5SzqZQ.jpg

dZY46Kf.jpg

The ammo feed belt slipped out. The model is blu tacked together currently, definitely a model to paint in sections. . 
Edited by Eberious

Thanks, going to base what I have made then attempt painting Ghaz soon. 

For now though I made these guys for fun, and counts as. ' Ghazghkull's Brute boyz ' Had them made for a while now but just hadn't based them until last night. Now that I had a theme to follow.

Da Choppa

9M5QDM6.jpg

RRVcrbB.jpg

cyIzAQY.jpg

Buzz-kil

0xNVGBr.jpg

WEnBDj6.jpg

Klaws

9vlhVO4.jpg

Oi, come 'ere you lot. shakes fist at naughty orks playing on his grass. yeah, I don't know either.

O71LO3G.jpg

9ELYjlq.jpg  

Da-kka

UbYduUa.jpg

R0Dmcxa.jpg

d43BUl2.jpg

CyXEpOj.jpg

Bases

70qvhj3.jpg

7uIeAnp.jpg

8LmLYPr.jpg

Before I got Ghaz I had made the brutes and though they were big.

PipHgeZ.jpg

5 nobz and 20 odd boyz to base now. .....  

This is all great but I love what you've done with Ghaz in particular.

I'm not a big fan of the stock head - I too think the previous incarnation is much better, even with his increased stature.

The claw is awesome too, much more in keeping with the usual Ork style, just a whole lot bigger.

My Ghaz is still sat on the sprue waiting for some other projects to finish first but I think I might pinch some ideas from you when I'm building mine!