Best legion to soup with?

Relentless

Just looking to see some opinions on the best legion pairing for World Eaters?  Mostly I'm considering to soup them because WE dont have access to endless cacophony, making obliterators (and to a lesser extent havoks) a bit of a waste of points.  Right now I'm thinking Alpha Legion for the -1 to hit at range which would be good for havoks, who can then be buffed an additional -1 hit with a dark apostle.

With 9th edition coming in the VERY near future it's hard to answer this question right now.  We don't even know how 'souping' will function in 9th edition.

GW's preview video made it clear that playing mono-faction would be rewarded in some fashion AND that 9th is going to be much more melee friendly.

It's entirely possible (though I have nothing to back up this claim), that World Eaters could jump to the top of the heap of Traitor Legions because of the changes.

Personally, I would stick to your World Eaters until we know more about 9th.

^ This. That said... in broad strokes which I doubt will change cross-edition, the God-aligned Legions all complement each other pretty nicely. You could rock Death Guard as resilient shock troops while you send forth the blenders, Emperor's Children for bunker-busting and fire support, or Thousand Sons for psyker support.