Unit of the week - Falcon

Karhedron

Welcome to Asuryani "Unit of the Week" series.

Each week a different unit will appear, with the idea being that we discuss how best to use that model on the battlefield. This series will focus on Codex entries initially. If/when we exhaust those possibilities, we will start looking at Forgeworld and Legends if people are interested in those units.

These threads are not to discuss proposed changes to units or long complaints about poor behaviour. I would like to keep them constructive and focus on making the best use of the units as they stand. Inevitably, in a codex as large as ours, there is going to be some overlapping of battlefield roles. For this reason, I will allow comparisons against other units that fill similar roles provided the posts remain primarily focused on the unit under discussion.

Mentioning other units in the context of synergies and army building is of course permitted (even encouraged). This week's entry is:

Falcon Grav tank

What are you thoughts here folks? How best would you use Falcons?

To compliment a list, or to build a list around?

Will you be running multiple units?

What units (if any) would you have embarked?

Which weapon options are you taking and are they affected by the above?

Are you buffing this unit? If so, how?

Stratagems of note?

Over to you.

Should you want your model on display here (or on another thread from the series), then submit a photo here please.

20200520-221208-1.jpg

Edited by Karhedron

Yea with Master Crafters I added 2 back in my list and they actually do decently now. I've had some solid wins using them as they do not attract a ton of attention!

Even better in lists with small squads like Dark Reapers and Banshees. 

I'm really liking them with Master Crafters or else I probably wouldn't be using them to be honest, but right now I feel like they replace my original idea of using Hornets (forgeworld).