Prediction on 9th & how it will affect DA

Wait so, I can no longer bring both Azrael and a smash master?

I get the point of having ONE master on the field, most often times. I mean, it makes sense that you have ONE master leading the army, not two or three.

But Azrael commands the CHAPTER, which means he commands the MASTERS as well. So, having him on the field should not really preclude the option of taking a master who serves under him. Right? I mean, it would make sense for the Grand Master to bring along a master and his company into battle, after all.

Also, on the thing about scouts, I find it silly... but I get the logic. Now, Tacticals ARE just 1 pt higher in cost per model. You lose infiltrate as a rule, but they are not THAT more expensive.

I think it's mainly to :cuss on double chapter Master as chapter Master is just a unit upgrade for captains and since we use the captain's datasheet now instead of a special masters sheet it's to prevent double chapter Master or triple chapter Master if you have a named grandmaster such as Dante or grimnar

I also forgot to mention:

Bladeguard ancient and primaris ancient share the same datasheet and is just a unit upgrade for the existing primaris ancient. So no need to run out and buy the bladeguard ancient if you got dark imperium for the special ancient

Edited by aura_enchanted

It lasted a whole two weeks, longer than I expected.

I would love to crack the process that GW uses for vetting rules. Have they not tested these interactions? I mean, judging by the state of their app, they are not very data-savvy.

I'm surprised by how common that perspective is, it is almost like most people have never worked on a project where they had to develop and test something.

Not to get to deep into the math...

If you disagree with my numbers, tell me what you think they should be.

I don’t disagree with the math. I’m willing to throw GW a bone here. They have created a complex game model. It’s not chess, I get that. I am simply wondering what the process might be, what their underlying data model might look like.

I scoff at the idea of Scouts being “elite” for numerous reasons, but this seems to be a pretty clear signal that they will go out of date sooner than we would hope. Edited by bigtrouble

U can now no longer have more then 1 company master (named or generic) or azreal per detachment and LT's and talonmasters are at a limit of 2 per detachment

Land speeders and predators now all have separated datasheets like they used to have pre 5th edition

Cataphract master is gone wholesale probably moving to legends

Tartaros and cataphract terminators are now one unit listing as a relic terminator squad. They get to pick between the two armor types and then have full range on wargear so tartaros pickup the lightning claws and combi weapons and cataphracts pickup the Reaper autocannon, volkite blaster, and plasma blaster. Pretty sure this means that cataphracts now absolutely slamjam tartaros terminators into irrelevance since they cost one point more and now don't have the wargear limits of old.

Scouts appear to no longer be a troops choice in order to not upset space wolf lore and to nerf minimum possible spending on troops choices.

New secondary objectives in the codex exclusive to marines allowing you to score bonus vp for kills in a doctrine of your choosing. But only 1 vp per unit killed

You can no longer bring cross commands. All HQ's (and robot gorilla) can only be taken in detachments with their specific chapter tactic. So no robot gorilla man with space wolves as an example.

Only one generic psy table in the codex but each supplement has its own chapter specific table as well.

Where was any of this stated?
auspex tactics has a video about all this, he's usually not posting rumor mill stuff so I'm taking it as fact not fiction

This are speculations cause October is far and all we have are just few glimpses to blurry pages of the C:SM from a video on WHTV channel

So the problem is not making speculations from the little bits we have but to write them down as lapidary sentences

Wait so, I can no longer bring both Azrael and a smash master?

I get the point of having ONE master on the field, most often times. I mean, it makes sense that you have ONE master leading the army, not two or three.

But Azrael commands the CHAPTER, which means he commands the MASTERS as well. So, having him on the field should not really preclude the option of taking a master who serves under him. Right? I mean, it would make sense for the Grand Master to bring along a master and his company into battle, after all.

Also, on the thing about scouts, I find it silly... but I get the logic. Now, Tacticals ARE just 1 pt higher in cost per model. You lose infiltrate as a rule, but they are not THAT more expensive.

I think it would be likely that Azrael would be able to be taken in the Supreme Command detachment. We will need to see though.

Hey do you have any information regarding that leak you mentioned a while back that Deathwing Knights (possibly terminators in general) might have 3 wounds?

Interesting discussion but it's not so related to DA and 9th. Let's keep to the topic at hand, please?

Understood.

It lasted a whole two weeks, longer than I expected.

I would love to crack the process that GW uses for vetting rules. Have they not tested these interactions? I mean, judging by the state of their app, they are not very data-savvy.

I'm surprised by how common that perspective is, it is almost like most people have never worked on a project where they had to develop and test something.

Not to get to deep into the math...

If you disagree with my numbers, tell me what you think they should be.

I don’t disagree with the math. I’m willing to throw GW a bone here. They have created a complex game model. It’s not chess, I get that. I am simply wondering what the process might be, what their underlying data model might look like.

Sorry if my bluntness came though just a little to forcefully.  I'm in the process of detoxing form BOLS.

I agree that it would be fun to be a fly on the wall... or even actively involved in their process.  But I suspect that even if I was involved, there would still be mistakes.

Edited by ValourousHeart

• 2 months later...

the turret i think will be very useful, im not sure about the ATV, we have black knights, the nephilim if we want a punisher, and the durabiltiy wont be as good as said nephilim but likely cost a similar amount.

the black knights offer jsut sheer anti heavy infantry firepower with plasma talons, and the nephilim can mag dump a lot of firepower, same with a typhoon speeder or even the vengeance speeder. the ATV is mmore for white scars i think

The servo-turret has potential to work well considering our new chapter tactic of +1 to hit. That thing hitting on 2+ might work out? I picked up one today and I'm curious how it does?