Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Saga of Alarik Silvermane (Lord Ragnarok's Army Blog)

Death Wolves WIP Fluff

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts
  • Faction: Conclave of Shadows

Hello brothers and shield maidens of the Fang! (Rolls out several barrels of the heartiest mjod)

It's been awhile since I've been able to model/paint for this hobby and after finally getting my basement in a good state. I'm hoping to use this blog to share my experiences, gain feedback, and maybe inspire others. 

I plan on building the list below. As you can see I've kitted together Bjorn, a Leviathan and one pack of intercessor(I may viking/wolf up the intercessors more) Next immediate tasks= another pack of autobolt rifle toting intercessors, chopping up and magnetizing heavy bolters for the storm wolf, build a pack of wulfen(need to find a way to make a better wulfen pack leader)

Spoiler

49936339358_1fa6ae44ed_c.jpgFirst pack of intercessors by dionyysus, on Flickr

49936341276_7f3cd9687e_c.jpgBjorn and Leviathan Murder Make by dionyysus, on Flickr

• PeteySödes, Valerian, TiguriusX and 6 others like this
Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,110 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Great start so far!  I was just looking at leviathans earlier this morning wub.gif  Can't wait to see yours painted up

• Lord Ragnarok likes this
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts
Leviathans are my favorite dreads in terms of aesthetics. Imposing, brutal and uncompromising.
  • Kassill likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,326 posts

Love it! Excited to see more!

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,565 posts
  • Faction: Knights / VI / SoB

leviathan looks real clean  looking forward to seeing more of your work

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,636 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I like it AND the list....got that target saturation for vehicles in full effect

I just have one question

Who the heck is Alarik Silvermane? 

I am guessing the wolf priest?

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side.  I started with Vassal40K and currently enjoy TTS40K

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

SilverShire

SilverShire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts

I love how tiny Bjorn is compared to the Leviathan! The Levi looks very nice, looking forward to seeing him painted

For a constant stream of painting updates, check my Instagram SilverShire_Gaming

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts

I like it AND the list....got that target saturation for vehicles in full effect

I just have one question

Who the heck is Alarik Silvermane?

I am guessing the wolf priest?

Alarik Silvermane is a WGBL in Harald’s GC. When I joined the hobby in 2004 there was only the iconography for Haralds company. I liked it and decided to kill him off allowing him to take over the company. With Harald being revealed with a model Alarik is back to being a WGBL, however I use him as a count as WL as well. (In this case Ragnar)

Edited by Lord Ragnarok, 26 May 2020 - 10:17 PM.

• TiguriusX likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,917 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves and Grey Knights

Love it!  I'll be following your progress, of course!

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts

Dare I? whistling.gif

So I decided to solution my storm wolf sponson guns tonight. And a thought occurred to me to make them "universal". I then tried to think of ways I could that. I saw that I had a spare thunder wolf head and wondered if I could make this work. 

Wolf Stylized gun emplacements which could be MM or HB depending on my list needs? Obviously I need to level the barrel, which will probably require cutting some teeth and MAYBE gs-ing them back on(my GS skills were not great, and even those paltry skills are now rusty)

49940214886_9ac629188a_c.jpg

• Kassill likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 689 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Good use of thunderwolf heads. Might steal that for a land raider. :) 

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

My Works in Progress

Profile picture by Julie Hang as part of Mermay. 

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts

Been a slow week as work has been providing severe beatdowns. 

2nd Intercessor Pack pack leader with THammer. This was an ordeal. Couldn't find a good arm for my original plan. Had to rip off glued parts and start over. Settled on this. Thammer is in 4-5 parts.(didnt originally plan that) You will see some nasty mold lines. I got so frustrated when I mad progress i was like screw mold lines I just want to get him kitted up. I'll clean the mold lines later. 

49951144462_25d9f3e0c6_c.jpg

For the Stormwolf I decided to just glue on some heavy bolters. I started not liking the wolfs head plus the work involved to get it right. Same with magnets. HB's will probably be my preferred choice 90% of the time. 

49950662787_84efe00147_c.jpg

Next up will be building the rest of the 2nd intercessor pack then either the WP with JP or Wulfen. 

Edited by Lord Ragnarok, 30 May 2020 - 04:38 AM.

• Valerian, Triszin, Kassill and 1 other like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,797 posts
I regret not magnetizing my storm wolf/fang.

I put multi meltas on because it looked cool, and now I need to cut them off because they are way to pricey points wise.
banana

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts
Good luck with the flying base
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,917 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves and Grey Knights
Intercessor Pack Leader looks great, Rags.

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts

how so?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts
Sweet! My Haldor Icepelt bits arrived earlier than expected. I’ll be using him for my Alarik Silvermane Ragnar count as.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts
Still some small cleanups that I missed.
Alarik Silvermane (Ragnar count as using Haldor Icepelt as a base. Axe head “Legion Killer” from wulfen kit primaris bolt pistol)
49952904571_87ed336eae_k.jpgUntitled by dionyysus, on Flickr
  • Kassill, Lord Blackwood, NightHowler and 1 other like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,565 posts
  • Faction: Knights / VI / SoB

very nice wolf lord ! 

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts

how so?
that clear plastic just doesn't take glue very well. Its a bit too brittle for drilling. I tried magnets then just using pins and I haven't had any luck with the heavier models like the corvus blackstar and storm raven
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts
So I’m attempting to build the last intercessor with a box mag reload. Let’s see if I can pull this off.
49956952852_7252a5a531_c.jpgWIP box mag reload. by dionyysus, on Flickr
  • Valerian, Kassill, Bryan Blaire and 1 other like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,110 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Braver than I haha, I just used the normal reload and figured once he'd burn through the box mag he'd be using regular mags 

Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts

Braver than I haha, I just used the normal reload and figured once he'd burn through the box mag he'd be using regular mags

Dangit! yeah that is what I should have done. Could have displayed spent box mag on ground.
  • Kassill likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts
2nd intercessor pack built. All have boltrifle, bolt pistol, knife, and helm mag locked if bare headed. Next up is the wolf priest with jump pack, then 5 wulfen.

49956597003_35e260a377_c.jpg2nd intercessors pack by dionyysus, on Flickr
  • Valerian, Kassill, Lord Blackwood and 1 other like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts
I took my wolf priest on bike off his bike and added legs and jump pack.

49957656908_b1d83a206d_c.jpgWolf priest by dionyysus, on Flickr
  • PeteySödes, Kassill, Rune Priest Jbickb and 2 others like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Death Wolves, WIP, Fluff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users