The Saga of Alarik Silvermane (Lord Ragnarok's Army Blog)

Hello brothers and shield maidens of the Fang! (Rolls out several barrels of the heartiest mjod)

It's been awhile since I've been able to model/paint for this hobby and after finally getting my basement in a good state. I'm hoping to use this blog to share my experiences, gain feedback, and maybe inspire others. 

I plan on building the list below. As you can see I've kitted together Bjorn, a Leviathan and one pack of intercessor(I may viking/wolf up the intercessors more) Next immediate tasks= another pack of autobolt rifle toting intercessors, chopping up and magnetizing heavy bolters for the storm wolf, build a pack of wulfen(need to find a way to make a better wulfen pack leader)

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [74 PL, 6CP, 1,336pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Ragnar Blackmane [6 PL, 120pts]

Wolf Priest [6 PL, 99pts]: 6. Canticle of Hate, Bolt pistol, Jump Pack, Power fist, Saga of the Bear, Tale of the Wolf King and the Lord of the Deeps, The Armour of Russ, Warlord

+ Troops +

Blood Claws [4 PL, 60pts]
. 4x Blood Claw: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Blood Claw Pack Leader: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, -1CP, 107pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Veteran Intercessors
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Thunder hammer

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, -1CP, 107pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Veteran Intercessors
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Thunder hammer

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 72pts]
. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak
. Eliminator w/ Bolt sniper rifle: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak
. Eliminator w/ Bolt sniper rifle: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 303pts]: 2x Heavy flamer, Storm cannon array, Storm cannon array

+ Flyer +

Stormwolf [16 PL, 274pts]: Twin helfrost cannon
. Two Lascannons: 2x Lascannon
. Two Twin Heavy Bolters: 2x Twin heavy bolter

+ Dedicated Transport +

Impulsor [6 PL, 97pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Shield Dome

Impulsor [6 PL, 97pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Shield Dome

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [35 PL, 2CP, 664pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [1CP]

+ HQ +

Bjorn the Fell-handed [12 PL, 1CP, 204pts]: Heavy flamer, Twin lascannon

+ Elites +

Invictor Tactical Warsuit [6 PL, 131pts]: 2x Ironhail heavy stubber, Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon

Invictor Tactical Warsuit [6 PL, 131pts]: 2x Ironhail heavy stubber, Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon

Wulfen [11 PL, 198pts]
. 4x Thunder hammer & Stormshield: 4x Storm Shield, 4x Thunder Hammer
. 4x Wulfen
. Wulfen Pack Leader: Frost claws

++ Total: [109 PL, 8CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

49936339358_1fa6ae44ed_c.jpgFirst pack of intercessors by dionyysus, on Flickr

49936341276_7f3cd9687e_c.jpgBjorn and Leviathan Murder Make by dionyysus, on Flickr

I like it AND the list....got that target saturation for vehicles in full effect

I just have one question

Who the heck is Alarik Silvermane? 

I am guessing the wolf priest?

I like it AND the list....got that target saturation for vehicles in full effect

I just have one question

Who the heck is Alarik Silvermane?

I am guessing the wolf priest?

Alarik Silvermane is a WGBL in Harald’s GC. When I joined the hobby in 2004 there was only the iconography for Haralds company. I liked it and decided to kill him off allowing him to take over the company. With Harald being revealed with a model Alarik is back to being a WGBL, however I use him as a count as WL as well. (In this case Ragnar) Edited by Lord Ragnarok

Dare I? :whistling:

So I decided to solution my storm wolf sponson guns tonight. And a thought occurred to me to make them "universal". I then tried to think of ways I could that. I saw that I had a spare thunder wolf head and wondered if I could make this work. 

Wolf Stylized gun emplacements which could be MM or HB depending on my list needs? Obviously I need to level the barrel, which will probably require cutting some teeth and MAYBE gs-ing them back on(my GS skills were not great, and even those paltry skills are now rusty)

49940214886_9ac629188a_c.jpg

Been a slow week as work has been providing severe beatdowns. 

2nd Intercessor Pack pack leader with THammer. This was an ordeal. Couldn't find a good arm for my original plan. Had to rip off glued parts and start over. Settled on this. Thammer is in 4-5 parts.(didnt originally plan that) You will see some nasty mold lines. I got so frustrated when I mad progress i was like screw mold lines I just want to get him kitted up. I'll clean the mold lines later. 

49951144462_25d9f3e0c6_c.jpg

For the Stormwolf I decided to just glue on some heavy bolters. I started not liking the wolfs head plus the work involved to get it right. Same with magnets. HB's will probably be my preferred choice 90% of the time. 

49950662787_84efe00147_c.jpg

Next up will be building the rest of the 2nd intercessor pack then either the WP with JP or Wulfen. 

Edited by Lord Ragnarok

Still some small cleanups that I missed.

Alarik Silvermane (Ragnar count as using Haldor Icepelt as a base. Axe head “Legion Killer” from wulfen kit primaris bolt pistol)

49952904571_87ed336eae_k.jpgUntitled by dionyysus, on Flickr

Braver than I haha, I just used the normal reload and figured once he'd burn through the box mag he'd be using regular mags

Dangit! yeah that is what I should have done. Could have displayed spent box mag on ground.

2nd intercessor pack built. All have boltrifle, bolt pistol, knife, and helm mag locked if bare headed. Next up is the wolf priest with jump pack, then 5 wulfen.

49956597003_35e260a377_c.jpg2nd intercessors pack by dionyysus, on Flickr