The Saga of Alarik Silvermane (Lord Ragnarok's Army Blog)

I took my wolf priest on bike off his bike and added legs and jump pack.

49957656908_b1d83a206d_c.jpgWolf priest by dionyysus, on Flickr

Don't forget to give him a groin for those legs to attach to, unless he's meant to be machine from the waist down.

Does the head sculpt make anyone else think of Immortan Joe, from Mad Max: Fury Road?

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

I took my wolf priest on bike off his bike and added legs and jump pack.

49957656908_b1d83a206d_c.jpgWolf priest by dionyysus, on Flickr

Don't forget to give him a groin for those legs to attach to, unless he's meant to be machine from the waist down.

Does the head sculpt make anyone else think of Immortan Joe, from Mad Max: Fury Road?

Im sure most of the Primaris yell "Witness me!!!" as he passes by :teehee:

Braver than I haha, I just used the normal reload and figured once he'd burn through the box mag he'd be using regular mags

Dangit! yeah that is what I should have done. Could have displayed spent box mag on ground.

Haha, yours still looks really cool though! The whole pack does, cant wait to see them painted 

Lol. Love that movie.

Sooooo. I know I’m late to the game how should I fix the river dancing wulfen pack leader? Mind you, I like the wulfen models except for the pack leader so don’t desire mixing with primaris legs.

Kitted up the wulfen(first time). Nothing converted really so realize they are standard fare. I’ve kitted up everything for the list the materials I had on hand. Next step out to purchase 2ximpulsors,2x tactical war suits and 1x eliminators and new paints.

49972616077_e8884a4e61_c.jpgWulfen by dionyysus, on Flickr

how do you find the wulfen kit to build , i  personally just , i hate the kit , i dislike the way the models look and how they come together , yers look pretty sharp  and well built tho!

Thanks. The final product came together fine except the last one I built.(first guy on the left)A little too much gap between the two torso pieces. Wouldn’t be able to see it but since I know it’s there it bothers me lol.

The kit dislikes:

1. The two torso pieces and the legs. How they come together is maddening. I consistently cussed while getting them together. The one I mentioned above had that cloth between the legs and was the worst.

2. They appear to suffer from drop kit syndrome. There are some pieces which unnecessary to build (like the they armor and perhaps the claw foot) most of these were not difficult to build just seemed unnecessary.

3. The river dancing crane kicking pack leader pose should not be in the kit at all. Most of the builds are action oriented leaning into the fray. That pack leader is straight up and goofy

1. I love the poses and the action in the models. I’m not one of those that want to see movement in the pose all the time but these are wulfen and the energy of their movement is captured nicely

2. Variety- I love variety and the kit has lots of that. If I were more patient I’m sure I could have made them very unique by combining different pieces.

3. Mold lines-there are barely any! A lot less cleanup.

4. Everything looks great. I especially like the wolfed up power packs. In fact, they should be standard in the grey hunter and bc kits imho.

The fang sent reinforcements...(UPS convoy arrived)

Eliminator pack leader.

49986763442_f5234885bf_c.jpgEliminator pack leader by dionyysus, on Flickr

49986512591_62b176c3e9_c.jpgEliminator pack leader by dionyysus, on Flickr

Edited by Lord Ragnarok

Finished kitting the Eliminator pack. Minor, subtle wolfy bits added to the three. 

49990172066_34da5a84ca_c.jpgEliminator pack by dionyysus, on Flickr

49990172041_4250325d0e_c.jpgEliminator pack by dionyysus, on Flickr

49989650913_308d490130_c.jpgEliminator pack by dionyysus, on Flickr

Finished kitting the Eliminator pack. Minor, subtle wolfy bits added to the three. 

49990172066_34da5a84ca_c.jpgEliminator pack by dionyysus, on Flickr

49990172041_4250325d0e_c.jpgEliminator pack by dionyysus, on Flickr

49989650913_308d490130_c.jpgEliminator pack by dionyysus, on Flickr

Now that is a great looking pack. 

First time building one of these. Some of it was a saga. Many lessons learned as I build the 2nd one.

50006693702_80dba6b25b_c.jpgFirst tactical warsuit by dionyysus, on Flickr

50006693722_675850fe14_c.jpgFirst tactical warsuit by dionyysus, on Flickr

50006693687_6e09ea1b28_c.jpgFirst tactical warsuit by dionyysus, on Flickr

Yeah, when they first came out I did not like the open cockpit but it's grown on me. At least they lowered the toughness acknowledging the marine is exposed but doesn't make sense to expose him like that. lol

Than

The wolf skull and pelt totem on the right pauldron, the wolf teeth and tail charms on the left pauldron, and the power axe are all appropriately Fenrisian additions to the Invictor. I hope to see the completed model soon.

Thanks! I stole the axe idea from White Dwarf. Thought it was an excellent idea when I saw it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can you walk me through the axe into the hand of the Invictor sir , I am stealing your stolen idea from you. 

Lord blackwood sorry been away for a bit and didn’t see this! 

I used all the fingers in their assigned slots except for one(not enough room to hold the axe. I placed(Dry fit) the axe in the “slot” until I got the right position respective to the “fingers”. Glued the axe in then glued the fingers in and had some trial and error on the best look/fit.

Hobby update- so been away for a bit. During this time away I’ve made some modeling/army changes:

1. I picked a new great company(still in final stages). I figured as I was essentially building a new sw army this would be a time for a company change. I went from someone else’s homegrown chapter, to bran red maw and now settling in on engir’ s company.(I’ve always liked their fluff blurb but thought their company colors were just ok(white symbol on sw colored armor) somehow in my you tubing I came across grim dark painting style and it was like tasting bacon for the first time(there is no going back) thr style I saw uses a more sea greenish hue to the armor and it clicked for me...that would be perfect for krakendooms company  grim dark sw tutorial: https://youtu.be/F5AZJG2UW10

2. With the grim dark technique I’ve finally decide to invest in airbrushing. I’ve been compiling painting materials for the new technique and airbrushing during my hiatus.

3. Building wise I was down to my last two pieces. I hope to finish those in the next week(impulsors).

4. New codex-I’m dreading the new codex and what impact it will have on my forces. I will probably start painting low risk pieces first (intercessors for example).

That’s all for now. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. 

Edited by Lord Ragnarok

• 4 months later...

Well, I received all the rule books necessary to change my list (main book, space marine book, and out token supplement)

Please give me your thoughts on my initial list based on what you know and have experienced so far on 9th. 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/367912-my-9th-edition-list-2000-pts/

So the list seemed to be well received. I will build and paint with normal intercessors and add a company champion as heavy intercessors models are not currently available.  Currently updating old unfinished minis to accommodate the new 9th list. Have three new models to build. (Attack bike, and two chai sword intercessor pack leaders)