Black Templar Community Feedback

Since they talked about community feedback on the Q&A stream influencing Deathwatch I felt emailing some consolidated feedback for the Templars couldn't hurt.

Personally I feel requesting Primaris Crusader Squads and the ability to put Primaris into Land Raiders is a given, but I'd like to hear other thoughts people have.

Edited by Fulkes

Points changes for the current units.

Especially crusader squad

Changes to the vigilus detachment, adding other veteran units and or making the Strategems cheaper and better.

Making all the relics viable.

I do have some thoughts on this topic, but we should probably shelve it until 9th drops and we've seen any updates that might ripple out to the SM codex and our PA. Once that's done and we've seen the results we can send some e-mails. But until then, let's give them some breathing room.

I wish we had insiders honestly, we probably already have new/improved versions of what we have now or want already in 9th.

Rumors say we had alot of people speak out about the Templars in the previous survey partially due to mobilization by valrak, and just the stubbornness of the Templar players, much to GWs surprise.

Vigilus felt like a temporary holdover until codex 2.0, heck bike veterans were available then. I wouldn't be surprised if they were updated or scrapped entirely except for master swordsman.

Yeah ... roll out those heavy bolt pistol and astarte chainsword truescale Neophytes (Scouts to rest of us) I'll take 10 :smile.:

I think you guys are going to fall in love with an Impulsor Rush. Three Impulsors two with Assault Intercessors, one with Bladeguard, each led with the new Captain, Judicar and a Master of Sanctity.

. . . . or at least that's the Core of a Sons of Dorn Crusader army I'm starting to seriously consider.

Edited by Dracos

I do have some thoughts on this topic, but we should probably shelve it until 9th drops and we've seen any updates that might ripple out to the SM codex and our PA. Once that's done and we've seen the results we can send some e-mails. But until then, let's give them some breathing room.

While I agree regarding anything involving game balance and rules balance, I feel we have some room to discuss things like Primaris Crusader Squads or the use of Land Raiders by Primaris.

But maybe the amount of stuff that could apply to is a bit limited.

I'm hoping we'll see an army-wide revokation of the Primaris/Old Marine segrigation stuff. There is no need to make Primaris unable to ride in drop pods while Primaris only drop pods don't exist. If a change like that happens it will be as part of these sweeping 9th updates. That's why I'm suggesting we wait.

Changes to the vigilus detachment, adding other veteran units and or making the Strategems cheaper and better.

exactly THIS

and I really want ONE Primaris unit. It could be a new one, an old one refreshed,... it doesnt matter. 

exactly THIS

and I really want ONE Primaris unit. It could be a new one, an old one refreshed,... it doesnt matter. 

I still stand by the flexibility and versitility of the Crusader Squad. Basically mash Intercessors, Hellblasters, Hellfuries and Phobos into a single squad as options.

Since they talked about community feedback on the Q&A stream influencing Deathwatch I felt emailing some consolidated feedback for the Templars couldn't hurt.

Personally I feel requesting Primaris Crusader Squads and the ability to put Primaris into Land Raiders is a given, but I'd like to hear other thoughts people have.

Allowing us to mix and match regular Intercessors with the new assault Intercessors to make Primaris Crusader squads is a given thing to ask for, since its only a rule change on say the level of the stratagem upgrade that makes veteran intercessors, or death company intercessors for BA (Who most likely will be able to take assault intercessors in a near future I magine).

We're not talking about model/kit listing here right? Otherwise, the usual upgrade sprue, character model, single lieutenant castellan model would all be reasonable things to ask for, as its no more than the what the others have gotten.

That said, I'm not sure I would bother with asking to use Land raiders with Primaris - I just don't seem them touching that can of worms. Doing so would invigorate that debate something fierce and they'd probably have acknowledged the question if it was something they'd even be willing to consider much less talk about. They've never even once acknowledged the question to my knowledge. It's easy to guess the real world reasonining behind this, which also means it has nothing to do with any lore justification or game balancing.

Heck I think them putting out a Repulsors Crusader out of nowhere feels more likely to me than them opening up that floodgate. 

That said, I'm not sure I would bother with asking to use Land raiders with Primaris - I just don't seem them touching that can of worms. Doing so would invigorate that debate something fierce and they'd probably have acknowledged the question if it was something they'd even be willing to consider much less talk about. They've never even once acknowledged the question to my knowledge. It's easy to guess the real world reasonining behind this, which also means it has nothing to do with any lore justification or game balancing.

Yeah I'd agree there's no chance of them permitting us to put Primaris into Land Raiders.

In my opinion our best chance now is a Primaris Emperor Champion and a sprue, with the reveal of the Judicar.

BT do not need a new Char killer, we already have the best one. So pointing feedback on that direction might be our best option.

We don't know what  the Judicar's deal is besides having an ability to make things fight last. I'd like to know his rules but more so his fluff.. Is he a low level chaplain with special duties? Does he actually follow around mortals (sisters etc) in the new crusades and weed out heretic elements among them and deliver the Emperor's judgement? All in all, he seems like someone who does dirty work and is beneath being called a champion. At least I don't think I'll mind having both, but I'd like to know where he fits in first.

Edited by Reinhard

Dropped my email there refering specifically Primaris Crusader squads, among a few other bits I would like to see, nothing too fancy.

That's my plan as well. I am going to bting up that they gave the Silver Templars Land Raiders as well just to show precident for sticking Primaris in there.

If it can carry bulky models, it should be able to carry a slightly taller Marine.

I mean how does Silas Albrec get around when he's as big as an Ogryn?

We should ask for everything we want. We should not temper our expectations but we should ask for literally everything. There’s no sense not asking.

I plan to cast a wide net but stick to concepts and ideas, not points since those will be messed with in 9th. I will ptovide feedback on stuff that feels like it's falling short if people want to give specifics, but try and keep in mind 9th is changing things that will affect how good melee is.

I am going to bting up that they gave the Silver Templars Land Raiders

Whoa whoa, hold up, say what? Why? How? The Silver Templars are Primaris only right? Why do they have Land Raiders? Even so they're only a paint scheme chapter right, so they have no way to field them in game?

Still, that's the first I heard of that

Depending on how "wishlist" we want to go, I would like our super-doctrine to be actually exciting, because right now, I very often stay in tactical doctrine turn 3 because Assault just doesn't help me. It's way too restricted (wait until Assault, only when charging, and not against vehicles) for such a numerically weak effect. Either let it work on vehicles, or make it do something like auto-wound AND improved AP on that hit, or auto-wound AND +1 damage.

>

I am going to bting up that they gave the Silver Templars Land Raiders

Whoa whoa, hold up, say what? Why? How? The Silver Templars are Primaris only right? Why do they have Land Raiders? Even so they're only a paint scheme chapter right, so they have no way to field them in game?

Still, that's the first I heard of that

Silver Templars have a named lieutenant character datasheet, but otherwise play as ultramarine successors. But canonically they are primaris 100%

That being said they also use scouts, and land raiders apparently. so I'm not sure what to believe anynore

Edited by SirJyo

I'm confused as to why anyone running primaris would choose land raiders over repulsors?

I get that the LRC is iconic for Templars but in the same sense primaris have, at least up until this newest release, been entirely tacticool and not at all Templar.

Hence the hundreds of threads with people converting them! You could just do the same with a repulsor.

Is there some reason to use primaris with a land raider that I'm missing?